And1: 19,766

Re: Basketball - Quarterfinals Aug. 16/17 

Post#301 » by AussieBuck » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:09 pm

jptremblay wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:2 decent bets.

Serbia 2.41 odds.
Spain 7.00 odds.

What do you think?

Australia is playing really well...but probably they are not prepared to the war that Serbia is planning on them... because they are not used to the thoughness of some balcanic countries... plus that Serbia always keep the best to knockout rounds...I can see Australia losing, thought they're the best team.

hahaha Australia aren't losing to anyone because of how the hard they play. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
emunney wrote:
We need a man shaped like a chicken nugget with the shot selection of a 21st birthday party.

GHOSTofSIKMA wrote:
if you combined jabari parker, royal ivey, a shrimp and a ball sack youd have javon carter
AussieCeltic
RealGM
And1: 21,127

Post#302 » by AussieCeltic » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:09 am

AussieBuck wrote:
jptremblay wrote:

Serbia 2.41 odds.
Spain 7.00 odds.

What do you think?

Australia is playing really well...but probably they are not prepared to the war that Serbia is planning on them... because they are not used to the thoughness of some balcanic countries... plus that Serbia always keep the best to knockout rounds...I can see Australia losing, thought they're the best team.

hahaha Australia aren't losing to anyone because of how the hard they play. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Considering Raduljica said after the Boomers beat Serbia in the pool game that it was like men vs boys, I don't think Australia will have any issue with toughness.
eyeatoma wrote:IMO the bigger issue is that Denver and the Jazz are allowed to host games at a high altitute, when they have literally had news exposes saying how it's a clear competetive advantage to play there.
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#303 » by Popovich » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 am

AussieCeltic wrote:
AussieBuck wrote:
jptremblay wrote:Australia is playing really well...but probably they are not prepared to the war that Serbia is planning on them... because they are not used to the thoughness of some balcanic countries... plus that Serbia always keep the best to knockout rounds...I can see Australia losing, thought they're the best team.

Considering Raduljica said after the Boomers beat Serbia in the pool game that it was like men vs boys, I don't think Australia will have any issue with toughness.

He said that? I don't recall that statement but if you say so could be, i believe you. True I did not followed any post games media conferences. TV rights are well protected at Olympics.
Pachinko_
RealGM
And1: 23,729

Post#304 » by Pachinko_ » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:37 am

AussieBuck wrote:
jptremblay wrote:

Serbia 2.41 odds.
Spain 7.00 odds.

What do you think?

Yeah they're only used to playing against some friggin maoris who are built like brick **** houses

if anything Australia plays almost too tough for their own good, everytime I'm worried about injuries and/or fights.
Dally did his hip again, Patty tries to go through every screen head first, Baynes looks like he's about to rip someone's head off. And that little **** Joe Ingles is involved in every scuffle, trash talk, and dirty elbow in the ribs available.
God I love this player.
salmon
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#305 » by salmon » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:56 am

WarriorsEFC wrote:
salmon wrote:I still say they should have taken Jawaii...

As a Perth Wildcats man myself... there is no way in a million years did Nathan Jawaii deserve to be in this squad. The man is a disgrace to professional basketball and a waste of talent.

When he signed with the Perth Wildcats one of the main reasons he told was their fitness staff and he wanted to lose weight and get fitness to make the Australian Team. I then watched him only get bigger and bigger. He must live on junk food. He even admits it himself that it's all his diet. Obviously the Olympics weren't important enough to him. Guys like Andrew Bogut are doing 24x7 rehab against surgeons orders to play in the Olympics... and this guy can't go a day without cleaning out the buffet at an all you can eat.

"I've seen a dietitian, and diet is the main thing. There's been some collapses throughout the time. You get too excited when you go out and eat whatever when you're in the restaurant.

Thats all good and well mate, but Jawaii gives the Boomers something they don't have with his size... 5-8 minutes in a to knock some guys around and establish a presence in a medal game... Can you really say you'd prefer Motum??

People were saying Martin shouldn't be in the team also but hes come in and played his role as a big defensive guard pretty well, he has a skillset which can be used situationally, just like Jawaii...
Sir Psycho Sexy
Senior
And1: 502

Post#306 » by Sir Psycho Sexy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:01 pm

TheTrooper wrote:
gavran wrote:We're not pessimists, we just expect the worst in every situation.

Ok this day is a bit better. We got that gold in sailing, water polo team reached the finals and we have 3 finalists in track and field ( shot put, high jump and javelin).

Do you think that Sara in javelin will get banned for dopping? 6 meters in one year is way too much. She is probably the first ex Yu athlete I wasn't cheering for :lol:
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#307 » by TheTrooper » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:24 pm

Sir Psycho Sexy wrote:
TheTrooper wrote:
gavran wrote:We're not pessimists, we just expect the worst in every situation.

Ok this day is a bit better. We got that gold in sailing, water polo team reached the finals and we have 3 finalists in track and field ( shot put, high jump and javelin).

Do you think that Sara in javelin will get banned for dopping? 6 meters in one year is way too much. She is probably the first ex Yu athlete I wasn't cheering for :lol:

Barbora Spotakova and Sunette Viljoen have made similar leaps in their results (4-5 meters in one year) even at older age than Sara. I hope she is not taking anything illegal.
Popovich
Pro Prospect
And1: 293

Post#308 » by Popovich » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:49 pm

jptremblay wrote:

Serbia 2.41 odds.
Spain 7.00 odds.

What do you think?

Your scenario came to the truth in the first half of the game. Second was no different.
jptremblay
Rookie
And1: 1,215

Post#309 » by jptremblay » Sat Aug 20, 2016 10:12 am

Popovich wrote:
jptremblay wrote:

Serbia 2.41 odds.
Spain 7.00 odds.

What do you think?

Your scenario came to the truth in the first half of the game. Second was no different.

Well, there were lot of people understimating my argument, saying that Australia plays thought...but I was not talking about normal thoughness like some NBA players..I was talking about going barelly against basketball rules, just like some balcans only can do it, both physical and mental on their opponents.
I'm sure that KG with his trash talk would not make the cut in terms of mental thoughness on a balcanic team. And same with greeks, but they're more normal right now.
When this account gets more "And1"s than posts written ...then my life will be complete. And maybe it will be the right time to hang it up. (Achieved on 2017-2018 season)...but still here.

Return to Olympics