Is it racist that team USA basketball has no whites?

K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Re: Is it racist that team USA basketball has no whites? 

Post#21 » by K_chile22 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:17 pm

I'm white as hell. This thread is a joke. The best players that had affiliations to Nike/coach K that showed interest in going went. Has nothing to do with race. Usually other white people who try to make themselves victims of fake racism are actually racist.

FYI Hayward pulled his own name out of team USA consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
chudak
Senior
And1: 303

Post#22 » by chudak » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:20 pm

90sgoat wrote:
JN wrote:
90sgoat wrote:
I know black people think this, but Bird and Stockton could not jump and they made a lot of jumping players look like fools.

So you think black people don't understand basketball as well as a white person like yourself?

I think black basketball culture as a general perception definitely is more focused on athleticism and one on one play.

Are you even trying to debate here or just going to go 'wow just wow'?

Sorry but this comment is more racist than the fact there are no white players on Team USA.
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#23 » by Von Bismarck » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:24 pm

bakesale wrote:But if white people like in Croatia and Serbia dominate the game in those countries and so get selected, it's not racist at all.

Yeah, but that cause there ain't no black people in Serbia, Croatia or Lithuania for example.
K_chile22
RealGM
And1: 7,940

Is it racist that team USA basketball has no whites? 

Post#24 » by K_chile22 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:16 pm

chudak wrote:
90sgoat wrote:
JN wrote:
So you think black people don't understand basketball as well as a white person like yourself?

I think black basketball culture as a general perception definitely is more focused on athleticism and one on one play.

Are you even trying to debate here or just going to go 'wow just wow'?

Sorry but this comment is more racist than the fact there are no white players on Team USA.

That's what I'm saying, many times those who try to make racism against white people out of nothing usually say racist things

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Dupp
RealGM
And1: 66,679

Post#25 » by Dupp » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:39 am

Klay looks as white as any other white person.
bakesale
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,776

Post#26 » by bakesale » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:40 am

Von Bismarck wrote:
bakesale wrote:But if white people like in Croatia and Serbia dominate the game in those countries and so get selected, it's not racist at all.

Yeah, but that cause there ain't no black people in Serbia, Croatia or Lithuania for example.

So are you honestly saying that the white Americans are racist for not choosing white players? If that's what you are saying, that has to be some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard lol
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Post#27 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:58 am

I wish that we were at a point where the amount of melanin in one's skin pigmentation was not such a divisive issue in society.

I look at these American athletes and I don't see black players. I don't see white players. I don't see Asian players, or Inuits or anything else.

I look at them and they are all the same on the inside.

No heart.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Von Bismarck
Pro Prospect
And1: 651

Post#28 » by Von Bismarck » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:41 am

bakesale wrote:
Von Bismarck wrote:

So are you honestly saying that the white Americans are racist for not choosing white players? If that's what you are saying, that has to be some of the dumbest **** I've ever heard lol

What?

I have no clue how you managed to construct that thought. I simply replied to the guy above.
Fran Vasquez
Rookie
And1: 95

Post#29 » by Fran Vasquez » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:41 pm

I dont know why so much focus on the american team having no whites
the spanish national team has no whites either

/hides
TheTrooper
Senior
And1: 550

Post#30 » by TheTrooper » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:01 pm

Fran Vasquez wrote:I dont know why so much focus on the american team having no whites
the spanish national team has no whites either

/hides

What the actual **** ???
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Mr. E » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:42 pm

Easy now, people!
- Winston Churchill
GimmeDat
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 16,880

Post#32 » by GimmeDat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:33 am

They don't throw non-black players in to the NBA so it's fair to them, they're outliers because black players are generally physically superior in athletic areas that apply to basketball.

Racism would be a factor if the race of an individual played any part in the selection process - if the best basketball team that can be put together happens to be all-black, then it would be racist to change that for the sake of 'racial-balance'.

You could make the same argument for table tennis being predominantly Asian, or a lot of the best runners being African. Through a mix of genetics and culture, there's naturally going to be skewed demographics at the elite level.

As someone mentioned earlier in this thread as well, basketball is still coached and owned primarily by white people.
Fran Vasquez
Rookie

Post#33 » by Fran Vasquez » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:15 am

it was just bait, im from spain, just playing :-)
high-five
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#34 » by high-five » Thu Aug 18, 2016 8:25 pm

Fran Vasquez wrote:it was just bait, im from spain, just playing :-)

I seriously doubt you are spanish when your forum's name is misspelled. It's VaZquez, not VaSquez. This is a common mistake most americans and maybe some south americans usually commit due to the sound of Z and S being kinda similar in their language. In castilian spanish the Z and S sound very different , so a true spanish would never commit the mistake of misspelling that name.

You also claim the Spanish team has no whites? Is this real life? What do they have then, blacks? Every single member of the spanish national team is white, just like about 90 something % of the population is white. Once again a true spaniard or even someone with a pair of eyes would never say such a dumb comment, not even when trying to be funny.

I'm sure you are probably an american who believes Spain is somewhere in the middle of Mexico and that spaniards look like this

When they actually look like this

They look as white as anyone to me
I_Never Lied
Pro Prospect
And1: 377

Post#35 » by I_Never Lied » Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:41 pm

high-five wrote:
Fran Vasquez wrote:it was just bait, im from spain, just playing :-)

I seriously doubt you are spanish when your forum's name is misspelled. It's VaZquez, not VaSquez. This is a common mistake most americans and maybe some south americans usually commit due to the sound of Z and S being kinda similar in their language. In castilian spanish the Z and S sound very different , so a true spanish would never commit the mistake of misspelling that name.

You also claim the Spanish team has no whites? Is this real life? What do they have then, blacks? Every single member of the spanish national team is white, just like about 90 something % of the population is white. Once again a true spaniard or even someone with a pair of eyes would never say such a dumb comment, not even when trying to be funny.

I'm sure you are probably an american who believes Spain is somewhere in the middle of Mexico and that spaniards look like this

When they actually look like this

They look as white as anyone to me

They don't look white. They look like Spaniards. Kind of like the off white paint in your bathroom.
90sgoat
Bench Warmer
And1: 401

Post#36 » by 90sgoat » Thu Aug 18, 2016 10:02 pm

Spaniards are white retardos. Though some are quite swarthy due to Moor inluence.
Fran Vasquez
Rookie

Post#37 » by Fran Vasquez » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:43 pm

my bait worked flawlessly, my work here is done
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Mr. E » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:00 am

Yeah, I've been lenient with this thread. That's on me. Intentionally baiting other users is not something that is tolerated. This thread is done.
- Winston Churchill

Return to Olympics