What’s up with the Olympics medal tally?

kio80
Sixth Man
And1: 1,076

What’s up with the Olympics medal tally? 

Post#1 » by kio80 » Fri Aug 6, 2021 2:02 pm

So…. I am in my 40s and I have been watching the games for many years…. Is it just this year that we count the rankings differently because China has scored more gold medals than us?
That’s a new low…
Heat3
RealGM
And1: 14,367

Re: What’s up with the Olympics medal tally? 

Post#2 » by Heat3 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:28 am

kio80 wrote:So…. I am in my 40s and I have been watching the games for many years…. Is it just this year that we count the rankings differently because China has scored more gold medals than us?
That’s a new low…

As far as I can remember the US media sorts by total medals, cause why ignore non gold medals? People from other countries always bring it up because how dare Americans do their own thing. :lol:

US got most gold medals this year anyhow. Some Chinese in a different forum I frequent were crowing about their lead after three days. Oops.

For many decades it was US/USSR swapping the lead in medals. Now it is US/China. Next olympics we’ll be sorting by total medals and non Americans will be beefing about it.
Pat Riley wrote:There are only two options regarding commitment. You're either IN or you're OUT. There is no such thing as life in-between.

James Johnson wrote:The culture is REAL.

rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Re: What’s up with the Olympics medal tally? 

Post#3 » by rilamann » Sat Dec 25, 2021 6:21 pm

Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****

Return to Olympics