Official Spanish federation announcement

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Re: Official Spanish federation announcement 

Post#181 » by LLcoleJ » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:45 pm

PHANTOMPHOENIX wrote:
Phil_2.0 wrote:hmmm.. I have heard it all now...

So saluting the Troops in Japan near Hiroshima is not offensive?

Its the world champtionships. World meaning all of the world is there to compete.Much like the Olympics various people from different countries will honor their countries in various ways. I have no issue with that.

Maybe I missed where they were saluting troops.. looks more like the Flag which is a very common practice..but even if it were troops then I see nothing wrong with that. We have saluted flag/troops all of our lives even if we dont believe in what our country is doing i.e wars.

The majority and I am not using that term lightly -- majority of americans want nothing to do with Iraq and these wars. However, we take every moment to honor those soliders who fight for us-- even if they too dont believe in what they are doing.

Japan is our ally and what happen some 60 years ago is kind of a non-issue. If it were an issue then we shouldnt have been invited to compete. On top of that, if you want to talk about hiroshima -- dont stop there-- pearl harbor started that.

Most def. reaching for straws as you have put many times.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#182 » by princeofpalace » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:48 pm

PhantomPhoenix, everyone knows that the reason that after Somalia- the US largely stopped contributing to foreign interventions in foreign countries because of the lack of incentive for the US people. Quite frankly, if you dont understand the principle of economic interest/gain when deciding foreign interventions than you quite simply do not understand American foreign policy and should stop posting anything on the subject. There is a reason why US is quick to aid Oil rich Georgia while doing little to nothing for Darfur- and that is economic interst. Why risk American lives to threaten the sovereignty of a foreign nation? Like I said, after Somalia- opinions changed, deal with it.

I just think its pretty funny that the US is being critisized for being more selective on who they choose to aid while they are also being critisized for attempting to 'police the world'. Pick an argument either the US policies too much or too little- not both.

In addition every country has a somewhat racist past what is the point of brining it up. Why bring up WW2- what about Francos treatment of the Basque and to a lesser extent the Catalians. What about the Spanish Inquisition and the Conquistadors. I think you guys are going through some pretty despearate measures to prove that America is racist.
And 1 Amare
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#183 » by And 1 Amare » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 pm

LOL. You guys are f*ckin *** for trying to justify their actions.

Public warning issued for derogatory statement towards other users.

Sure, I understand that the Spanish basketball team didn't mean to make it as a bad thing, and that no offense was intended. If it's true that they didn't mean it, then they are not racist. At the same time however, it's not the offenders (the spanish basketball team) DECISION on whether or not it's racist. lol @ the Spanish Federation saying, "Yo listen up, it's not racist, because we say so. We got love for China and both of our countries are brothers. We do work together, stop hatin on us".

And then they even go as to take legal action with that ****. When you piss off millions of people around the world, you better apologize and move on. Sure, it's okay to say that you didn't mean it, but no one gives a f*ck, the damage was done already and people are pissed; you don't go off trying to defend your actions as if it was all good and that people shouldn't hate. You're trying to tell us that we shouldn't be offended because your countrymen don't see it as offensive? WTF, how are you going to tell me how to feel. I'm okay if you guys don't think it's racist, but you better not try to brainwash me into thinking it's not racist, I have my opinion.

Meanwhile, there's millions of people around the world getting mad at the photo and then you see like 5-6 posters here on RealGM trying to make a change in our opinion. LOL. Like these posters from Spain are going to make a difference in all the damage that was done. Go ahead and come at me with some super intellectual logic with some extra extraordinary examples and **** like that, i'm not listening. hahah. Even if I do listen, it's not going to change anything; you guys still have millions of other people that are still pissed at the photo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHVPEFam_Og
| Monta Ellis | Marco Belinelli | Anthony Randolph | Brandan Wright | Andris Biedrins |
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,627

Post#184 » by kyphi » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 pm

RedCross wrote:This topic has been blown out of proportion by the ignorance of Western media who cannot understand the way that different cultures interact. The picture was in no way racist and this topic should be put to rest.. along with all those other controversies that are arising at the Olympic games (i.e. the pretty Girl lipsyncing).

The western media gets offended at everything that does not meet the status quo of their culture, and is ignorant enough to point fingers and try to make the world behave in the same way that they do.

these incident hasn't really received much attention here in the Mid-West. I mean, who cares?
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#185 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:58 pm

princeofpalace wrote:PhantomPhoenix, everyone knows that the reason that after Somalia- the US largely stopped contributing to foreign interventions in foreign countries because of the lack of incentive for the US people. Quite frankly, if you dont understand the principle of economic interest/gain when deciding foreign interventions than you quite simply do not understand American foreign policy and should stop posting anything on the subject. There is a reason why US is quick to aid Oil rich Georgia while doing little to nothing for Darfur- and that is economic interst. Why risk American lives to threaten the sovereignty of a foreign nation? Like I said, after Somalia- opinions changed, deal with it.

I just think its pretty funny that the US is being critisized for being more selective on who they choose to aid while they are also being critisized for attempting to 'police the world'. Pick an argument either the US policies too much or too little- not both.

In addition every country has a somewhat racist past what is the point of brining it up. Why bring up WW2- what about Francos treatment of the Basque and to a lesser extent the Catalians. What about the Spanish Inquisition and the Conquistadors. I think you guys are going through some pretty despearate measures to prove that America is racist.

The difference is that the rest of the world doesn't pretend to be bringing democracy.

I am not trying to prove America is Racist...just that they are hypocritical in being the one making the accusations. That is what is rubbing people the wrong way.
Dedicated_76ers_fan
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#186 » by Dedicated_76ers_fan » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:59 pm

Let me, an American try and show you what the spain peeps are trying to say. It is not racist to China nor is it racist in it's origins in Spain. The only reason this got any air time at all is because to us, anything that looks like it's racist, is racist. And the whole "others might be offended" is a blatant EXCUSE to shove our own philosophies to them. If China is offended, they'll say something, they will ask for an apology. If there are those Japanese, Chinese-Americans who are offended. They'll simply post so. But that hasn't happened, has it? And there hasn't been any confirmations that Chinese or Japanese are afraid to speak out, so it's not like we need to speak out for them.

The same thing with the Iraq war, we just barge in, remove their dictator and start setting things up our way. Without even asking them what kind of government would they want. You can give the Iraqis a basic platform, sure. But other then that, it SHOULD be out of our hands. We are not THE World Power. We are ONE of the world's power. But sadly, that will never be understood due to America's lack of general knowledge. It's why Japan has such a low crime rate and America, don't go out at night. Japanese realize that they're all one and the same and respect each other. America is a barbaric country. That's sadly the truth. And yes, I'm born American. I just don't have tinted glasses. I can see it both ways. We are utterly at fault and we are the ones that should apologize to the Chinese and Spanish for making this such a huge issue.
PHANTOMPHOENIX
Head Coach
And1: 1,074

Post#187 » by PHANTOMPHOENIX » Fri Aug 15, 2008 12:01 am

And 1 Amare wrote:Meanwhile, there's millions of people around the world getting mad at the photo and then you see like 5-6 posters here on RealGM trying to make a change in our opinion. LOL. Like these posters from Spain are going to make a difference in all the damage that was done. Go ahead and come at me with some super intellectual logic with some extra extraordinary examples and **** like that, i'm not listening. hahah. Even if I do listen, it's not going to change anything; you guys still have millions of other people that are still pissed at the photo.

I don't live in Spain...but keep making assumptions idiot. :roll:

I like how you guys claim that there are millions pissed...where are they?

Keep making up fabrications.

Return to Olympics