FFL 2015 - 2016 - Rosters now on yahoo...

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors
And1: 15,832

Re: FFL 2015 - 2016 - Rosters now on yahoo... 

Post#1201 » by floppymoose » Fri Mar 4, 2016 8:52 pm

Note to league: I just redid how rank calculations work. Turned on the new player ranks for nba just now. In general the new system handles the influence of % cats on the ranking better than the old system. DeAndre Jordan and Andre Drummond are the most notable big movers in the ranks. Remaining Season Projected ranks are not updated yet, that is coming later. It's coming to nhl and mlb later, as well.

edit: i turned them back off for now... gonna let our editorial folks take a look first. But they should be back next week.
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach
And1: 176

Post#1202 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Mar 7, 2016 2:15 pm

7th till 10th is up for grabs
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#1203 » by writersblock » Tue Mar 8, 2016 12:40 am

fraanciiscoo wrote:7th till 10th is up for grabs

About time for my improbable run from 15th to 8th. :crazy: :nod:
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#1204 » by floppymoose » Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:02 pm

I have a shot at 11th place, after being in 20th place for much of the first half of the season. My guys just sleepwalked for too long before waking up...
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1205 » by hamncheese » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:53 pm

floppymoose wrote:I have a shot at 11th place, after being in 20th place for much of the first half of the season. My guys just sleepwalked for too long before waking up...

You, me, and 3SI in the battle for 11th place.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
AlciG
Starter
And1: 432

Post#1206 » by AlciG » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 am

Ohh boy... Finishing 1st in regular season is gonna feel really bad if/when I go 1 and out.
I'm not feeling confident about facing Erdem two weeks in a row.
AlciG
Starter

Post#1207 » by AlciG » Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:35 am

hamncheese wrote:
floppymoose wrote:I have a shot at 11th place, after being in 20th place for much of the first half of the season. My guys just sleepwalked for too long before waking up...

And the winner is...

3Si
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1208 » by fraanciiscoo » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:50 am

congrats Alcig for the reg season win

Let start the playoffs

that said Pls reset the moves I need to dump B.griffin LOL (cant belive I carried him since dec inj till now just to dump him now but cant have him more especially with that 4 game suspension + he need to pass the league inj pro. )
he wont play this week not even if he is back since he have 4 games out
next week he only have 3 games
he will probably be a major key to win the final if and only if he comes back but 1st you got to get there

MEMO for next season - dont draft B.G. PERIOD
hamncheese
Assistant Coach
And1: 849

Post#1209 » by hamncheese » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:50 pm

AlciG wrote:
hamncheese wrote:

And the winner is...

3Si

Floppy wasn't able to do his part and win against 3Si. Oh well, 12th place for me.

Also, due to a number of reasons, I am going to take a break from fantasy basketball next season, so my spot in the league is available.
Bob Myers, June 7, 2018: "“It’s not in my job description to please NBA fans. It’s to win, end of story. I don’t need to be entertained, I just need to win. That’s all it is. That’s all I was hired to do. Win.”
theman
RealGM
And1: 1,407

Post#1210 » by theman » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:17 pm

fraanciiscoo wrote:congrats Alcig for the reg season win

Let start the playoffs

that said Pls reset the moves I need to dump B.griffin LOL (cant belive I carried him since dec inj till now just to dump him now but cant have him more especially with that 4 game suspension + he need to pass the league inj pro. )
he wont play this week not even if he is back since he have 4 games out
next week he only have 3 games
he will probably be a major key to win the final if and only if he comes back but 1st you got to get there

MEMO for next season - dont draft B.G. PERIOD

So am I the first team in this league to make the playoffs without making a move during the regular season?

I did breakdown for the playoffs and replace the guys who are out for the season with a couple of healthy bodies. But, finished the regular season with the same players who were on my roster opening night.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_theaG8eC-8[/youtube]
"Christmas is for cops and kids" - Whitey Bulger
floppymoose
Senior Mod - Warriors
Senior Mod - Warriors

Post#1211 » by floppymoose » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:36 pm

congrats to all for a good regular season. don't think we had any controversy this season.

alcig: well done!
theman: playoffs with no moves is pretty cool too.
ham: i'll hate to see you go, but at least I won't be fighting you for the same players next season. as for not beating 3SI for you, I blame Crowder going down in his last game of the week. If he doesn't get hurt and picks up 2 threes, I win 5-4. Crowder is really screwing me in general, because I have him in multiple leagues. He was the one guy this year I was a lot higher on than most, and it was great that I was right, but it means now I'm screwed for playoffs.
AlciG
Starter

Post#1212 » by AlciG » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:19 pm

I really feel like any of the 8 teams can win this year... Would be hard to pick a favorite
AlciG
Starter

Post#1213 » by AlciG » Sun Mar 20, 2016 8:22 am

Congrats Erdem... No way can I make up the difference on the last day
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1214 » by fraanciiscoo » Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:24 pm

AlciG wrote:I really feel like any of the 8 teams can win this year... Would be hard to pick a favorite

+1
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1215 » by writersblock » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:54 am

Hey guys. Great year to everyone, and congrats to the playoff teams! Again, my team underperformed, and I could blame it on the number of injured guys I had. But then again, I was the one who drafted/traded for them, some of which didn't have the cleanest bill of health, so that's probably my fault. Se la vie

My finish was particularly disappointing this year, since I will not be coming back next year. It was a really tough decision for me, especially since I was one of the founding members of this league...a league that, in my opinion, is the best on Yahoo, but even more so, it was a tough decision because I've made so many friends in this league...friends that transcend just fantasy basketball. In fact, despite disappointment every year in my underperforming team, I've always come back because of the friendships I've made in this league. This next year, though, is a pivotal one for me: as I go for tenure at my university, I just won't have the time to devote to fantasy.

Will I be back? who knows...but like I approached every trade talk/offer, I'm more of a never say never guy. For now though, I have to bid adieu. Thanks for the good times. Thanks to Craig for including me in year 1, and thanks to the many commishes that managed this league, especially to Gokce for his ongoing leadership. It's been fun, and I'll miss the endless email trains of trade talks...especially with Fran who I am absolutely certain doesn't ever sleep during the month of the draft.

Thanks again for the memories!

Woody Allen
General Manager
And1: 2,840

Post#1216 » by Woody Allen » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:05 am

Congrats on the tenure! Great news :clap:
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1217 » by fraanciiscoo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:43 am

Based on week 1 of the playoffs i predic a playoff final between woody and sabonis
I hope i m wrong lol but it feels like it
fraanciiscoo
Head Coach

Post#1218 » by fraanciiscoo » Tue Mar 22, 2016 12:49 am

writersblock wrote:Hey guys. Great year to everyone, and congrats to the playoff teams! Again, my team underperformed, and I could blame it on the number of injured guys I had. But then again, I was the one who drafted/traded for them, some of which didn't have the cleanest bill of health, so that's probably my fault. Se la vie

My finish was particularly disappointing this year, since I will not be coming back next year. It was a really tough decision for me, especially since I was one of the founding members of this league...a league that, in my opinion, is the best on Yahoo, but even more so, it was a tough decision because I've made so many friends in this league...friends that transcend just fantasy basketball. In fact, despite disappointment every year in my underperforming team, I've always come back because of the friendships I've made in this league. This next year, though, is a pivotal one for me: as I go for tenure at my university, I just won't have the time to devote to fantasy.

Will I be back? who knows...but like I approached every trade talk/offer, I'm more of a never say never guy. For now though, I have to bid adieu. Thanks for the good times. Thanks to Craig for including me in year 1, and thanks to the many commishes that managed this league, especially to Gokce for his ongoing leadership. It's been fun, and I'll miss the endless email trains of trade talks...especially with Fran who I am absolutely certain doesn't ever sleep during the month of the draft.

sad to see you leaving
I already expressed to you what i felt regarding your decision but I will most certain respect it
Just comeback after this sabatic year
Curtis Lemansky
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 250

Post#1219 » by Curtis Lemansky » Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:14 pm

writersblock wrote:Hey guys. Great year to everyone, and congrats to the playoff teams! Again, my team underperformed, and I could blame it on the number of injured guys I had. But then again, I was the one who drafted/traded for them, some of which didn't have the cleanest bill of health, so that's probably my fault. Se la vie

I do not accept this post and will contact you during the activity check buddy :) Until then have a good vacation and prepare for the new season :D
"I don't step aside, I step up." - Vic Mackey
"My name is my name" - Marlo Stanfield
"If you come at the king, you best not miss" - Omar Little

Formerly known as nostradamus2005
writersblock
General Manager

Post#1220 » by writersblock » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:30 am

lol. Thanks Woody, Fran, and Gokce

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues