Option #2 - Waiver Wire
33%

Total votes: 9

3Si
Assistant Coach
And1: 334

BWW Money League Draft Format Poll 

Post#1 » by 3Si » Thu Oct 1, 2009 7:54 pm

I believe in democracy... Majority rules.
bww78
RealGM
And1: 13

Re: BWW Money League Draft Format Poll 

Post#2 » by bww78 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 7:55 pm

3Si wrote:I believe in democracy... Majority rules.

The decision has already been made.
3Si
Assistant Coach

Post#3 » by 3Si » Thu Oct 1, 2009 8:02 pm

bww78 wrote:
3Si wrote:I believe in democracy... Majority rules.

The decision has already been made.

With all due respect, if the poll turns out to be otherwise, I refuse to join a league with a commissioner that dictates how it is ran. If it turns out to be option 1, I will have no problem following everyone else.

Maybe it's the teacher side of me that's talking, but I don't like to be told what to do.
bww78
RealGM

Post#4 » by bww78 » Thu Oct 1, 2009 8:25 pm

I made the rules for the auction/draft. You didn't complain then.

I'll make it easy for you now. If you don't like my decision, feel free to leave the league.
Skai
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Skai » Thu Oct 1, 2009 8:44 pm

Seriously 3Si? Let's just go with the commissioner's solution. He's run this league for several years now, and I trust he'll make the right decisions.
Why the schlong face?
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,478

Post#6 » by insfo » Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:39 pm

I have been one of the opponents of this plan from the start .. but I can see how this might spice things up. 3Si .. your point may be valid but your stand IMO is not. And please do not leave !!!

Actually believe it or not, Fraan's idea was the tipping point for me. At worst, it will be a series of lotteries to see who gets each player .. at best someone's strategy will pay off .. or better yet, bomb horribly and everyone else can profit ;)

I'll post this on the other thread too, but a big "No" to the baseline price idea. The whole point was teams would need to take the risk of making good players available in order to gain the precious few $$ in order to get an edge in phase 2. That might what entice folks to bid in phase 1 .. the chance at a great deal. But that will be lost if the seller specifies a minimum and I can't see too much activity in phase 1 (again :))

Lets just go with the current plan and not complicate it further.
writersblock
General Manager
And1: 61

Post#7 » by writersblock » Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:55 pm

Agreed on the baseline minimum thing...I hate when people do that on Ebay...I don't even bid when they do.

And 3si: stick around. I need a trading partner. 8-)
Globe-trotting and shenaniganizing, traveling the world and taking names...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6CtlAxAIaA_NQBQCuz3q1w?sub_confirmation=1
3Si
Assistant Coach

Post#8 » by 3Si » Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:55 pm

As I said, it's not about the draft but a matter of principal for me. Even from the start I never really cared one way or the other. But what I cannot obilige to is the fact that a vote was called for and also neglected by the same person.

I have just as much respect for what Blake has done for this league as anyone. But if someone is wrong, someone is wrong.
3Si
Assistant Coach

Post#9 » by 3Si » Thu Oct 1, 2009 9:59 pm

bww78 wrote:I made the rules for the auction/draft. You didn't complain then.

I'll make it easy for you now. If you don't like my decision, feel free to leave the league.

I still don't think you understand where the problem lies. It's not about the decision itself but how the decision was made. I didn't complain then, and I'm not complaining now about the actual draft format. In fact, I believe it would work quite well and even offered suggestion. What doesn't sit well with me is the fact you came out and basically said, I couldn't careless about the vote, I made the decision, and that's that. If that's the attitude you are going to use to run a league, I do not want any part of it.
bww78
RealGM

Post#10 » by bww78 » Fri Oct 2, 2009 4:01 am

It's like I said yesterday. When I put it up for a vote, it soon became apparent that people were only voting for their best interests. I was trying to do what was best for the league. I want the league's best interests to come first, regardless of any vote. But, it looks like the votes are pretty decisively in favor of the draft, so there you go.

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues