**FREE** ESPN Start-Up 20 Team AUCTION/CONTRACT LEAGUE!

Moderators: floppymoose, Curtis Lemansky, sly

FLAxwless
Ballboy
And1: 0

**FREE** ESPN Start-Up 20 Team AUCTION/CONTRACT LEAGUE! 

Post#1 » by FLAxwless » Sat Oct 10, 2009 4:57 pm

FLAWLESS FANTASY BASKETBALL

Hey guys lots of other fantasy basketball leagues out there, but I'm hoping to offer something different from you standard fare. This league will be for hardcore fantasy basketball fans. The plan is for this year to be a 20 team auction so people get used to it and transition into a contract league next year (rules are in process). By then people should have some idea regarding the auction draft and the unique scoring system in order to create a great foundation for the contract league. I would also have an idea of the capabilities of ESPN Auction leagues so that we know what we can and cant do regarding the contract league. So here's the info regarding the league THIS year.

- 20 Owners
- Free
- AUCTION: Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 at 8 PM (pacific)/ 11PM (eastern)
- ESPN.com Fantasy Basketball will be the host (only site offering live auction).
- 20 week regular season, 3 week playoffs - 8 teams (Championship held 1 week earlier than end of NBA season to limit the impact of NBA playoff teams resting players)
- 15 man rosters, 8 active - PG, SG, SF, PF, C, 3xUTL (mimics 8 man rotation), 7 bench (large roster but testing for contract league purpose).
- Head 2 Head Points System a la Fantasy Football... total points for week wins.

Tentative Scoring System:

PTS = 1
REB = 1
AST = 1.5
STLS = 2
BLKS = 2
TO = -1.5
FGA = -1
FGM= 1
FTA= -1
FTM = 1

So say LBJ scores 20 pts (7-14 FG) (5-6 FT), 8 ast, 8 rebs, 1 stl, 1 blk, 4 TOs he would produce a score of 30 total points [(20) + (-7) + (-1) + (8) + (12) + (2) + (2) + (-6)]. This is a great system as it accounts for volume scoring, poor percentages, and TOs. I'm interested in hearing league input regarding the scoring system (ESPN only go to the tenth or 0.1).

I can guarantee that this league will be full of active owners and as you can see this is part of a larger vision to truly test our fantasy basketball skills by creating a 20 team contract league next season. SO ACTIVE AND DEDICATED OWNERS ONLY! I'll create a sign up list based on first come first serve. Not sure exactly how many REALGMers I can take. I have 3 spots for sure and most likely more if the invites currently out do not join the league by next Monday.

Another quick rundown of the league info.

- 20 Owners
- Free
- AUCTION: Tuesday, Oct 27, 2009 at 8 PM (pacific)/ 11PM (eastern)
- ESPN.com Fantasy Basketball will be the host (only site offering live auction).
- 20 week regular season, 3 week playoffs - 8 teams (Championship held 1 week earlier than end of NBA season to limit the impact of NBA playoff teams resting players)
- 15 man rosters, 8 active - PG, SG, SF, PF, C, 3xUTL (mimics 8 man rotation), 7 bench (large roster but testing for contract league purpose).
- Head 2 Head Points System a la Fantasy Football... total points for week wins.

Please reply by filling out this info:

E-mail:
Fantasy Experience:
Fantasy Basketball Leagues this Year:

Return to Fantasy Basketball Leagues