2016 Summer Olympics: Road to the Brazil Games

A place to talk about sports that are not covered by other forums and the gateway to other sports getting their own forums.

Moderators: Doctor MJ, kdawg32086

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

2016 Summer Olympics: Road to the Brazil Games 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Tue May 17, 2016 1:39 am

The allure of the Olympic Games seems to just take hit after hit. Words like corruption, doping & bribery are in the conversation all too often. But the Games do continue, even with all of the scandals.

And oh man, there are some scandals this year! Three months from the Games and the President of host country, Brazil, finds herself suspended pending impeachment hearings. Her entire cabinet has been dismissed, including those politicians who are responsible for making final preparations for the Games.

We have the Zika scare, pollution fears and an increasing likelihood that certain infrastructure improvements will not be ready by the beginning of the Games.

But with all of that said I am looking forward to the actual events that we are going to see in a few months.

Which country are you repping?

USA here!

(Unless they let Texas field a team like Soccer does for England, Scotland, Wales & Northern Ireland!) :wink:
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: 2016 Summer Olympics: Road to the Brazil Games 

Post#2 » by Mr. E » Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:30 pm

I have to admit, I am legitimately shocked that the ban on the Russian Track & Field team was upheld. I thought that they would come in with some ruling saying that they got their slap on the wrist and have been making efforts to correct the issues.

Yeah, that didn't happen!

I fully expect some minor form of protest from the rest of the Russian athletes.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to General Other Sports Talk