ImageImage

Chi/Mem/Hou trade (no Gasol) - Miller for Nocioni

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

lupa
Sixth Man
And1: 14

Chi/Mem/Hou trade (no Gasol) - Miller for Nocioni 

Post#1 » by lupa » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:05 pm

What about this trade I made up, it involves 3 teams and 13 players and I know tradess this big almost never happen, but anyway:

Chicago Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players:
Mike Miller
Luis Scola
Luther Head
Mike James
Kirk Snyder
Steve Francis
Andre Brown
Houston 2008 1st rounder (top 5 protected this year, and unprotected in 2009)

Outgoing Players
Kirk Hinrich
Andres Nocioni
Joe Smith
Adrian Griffin
Viktor Khryapa

Outgoing salary 28.2 mil.$, incoming 23.4 mil.$ (it works in trade checker despite Hinrich's and Nocioni's BYC status)

Houston Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Kirk Hinrich
Joe Smith
Casey Jacobsen

Outgoing Players
Luis Scola
Luther Head
Mike James
Steve Francis
Kirk Snyder
2008 Houston 1st round pick (top 5 protected this year, and unprotected in 2009)

Outgoing salary 14.4 mil.$, incoming 17 mil.$

Memphis Trade Breakdown
Incoming Players
Andres Nocioni
Adrian Griffin
Viktor Khryapa

Outgoing Players
Mike Miller
Casey Jacobsen
Andre Brown

Outgoing salary 9.8 mil.$, incoming 12 mil.$

Bulls roster:
Gordon/Duhon/James
Miller/Head/Francis
Deng/Sefolosha/Snyder
Thomas/Scola/Brown
Wallace/Noah/Gray

Rockets roster:
Hinrich/Alston/Brooks
McGrady/Wells
Battier/Jacobsen/Novak
Smith/Hayes/Landry
Yao/Mutombo

Grizzlies roster:
Conley/Lowry
Navarro/Griffin/Jones
Gay/Nocioni/Khryapa
Gasol/Warrick/Cardinal
Milicic/Swift

Why for Grizzlies: they were interested in Nocioni in the summer, so they get him now and the price is Mike Miller. Nocioni should fit in well in Iavaroni's run&gun style, he's very good shooter, he hustles and gives 110% every night. They'll have hole at SG, but Navarro can fill it now, and they'll have high pick in the draft to adress this. Grizzlies after this trade are basically set for the future except for SG.

Why for Rockets: they get better PG in Hinrich who can defend very well, they get also very servicable player in Smith who has very good season, has very reasonable contract and can play along Yao. Starting 5 of Hinrich/McGrady/Battier/Smith/Yao is one of the best in the league and they can not only reach the playoffs, but can be real contender for the title. Price for Hinrich & Smith is basically Scola/Head/1st. By production on court Smith = Scola, and Hinrich >>>> Head.

Why for Bulls: I'm a Bulls fan, but looking at the trade it may seem like Bulls are raped. We lose this trade in talent, but we get some very good pieces in Miller, Scola & Head, and also a 1st rounder from Houston, which should be in the teens. But the main idea is to clear enough cap space for summer of 2010. Every player we get back is expiring until then. That offseason contracts of Wallace, Miller, James (that is more than 30 mil.$) come off the book, and the Bulls will be under the cap enough to be major player in the race after LeBron, Wade, etc. Until then, we'll resign Deng and Gordon in the summer and wait for 2010. We'll have to adress PG situation in the summer by drafting some of Bayless, Lawson, DJ Augustin or some other PG. After the trade we waive Francis (he has 1 year left at 2.5 mil.$), we send James home and wait to expire, because there will be logjam at guard positions. Before the trade we have to waive Curry and Nichols to clear roster spots.
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#2 » by dark-child » Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:18 pm

I don't have opinion about your trade but the fact that you found a use for Casey Jacobsen is commendable.
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#3 » by bobobolas1 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:11 am

i like your idea of sending along casey and andre but the thing is....if we are looking for a player that fits in the MI's run&gun i guess mike miller fits so much better than nocioni. And Griffin and krhyapa... we can we do with them? do they fit?

For me, NO deal.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies