ImageImage

Merry Christopher everybody

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Merry Christopher everybody 

Post#1 » by esvl » Sun Jul 2, 2023 12:24 am

I remember that we looked at him closely at the draft 2021. To me, he is Brooks 2.0 in a sense that he needs to accept that he is not an all-around scorer and focus on the role assigned by the coaches.
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Re: Merry Christopher everybody 

Post#2 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 1:08 am

He was definitely a hot name for us for a while there. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next bit. The DB TPE is a little unclear to me, but is sounds like if we use it now and make the deal a three team deal, we can take back 16-18m. If we go into the season with the true TPE it will only be like 9m. If we don't make any more moves, we will have to waive or dump someone and it may end up being Christopher.
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,949

Post#3 » by psman2 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 2:46 am

esvl wrote:

I remember that we looked at him closely at the draft 2021. To me, he is Brooks 2.0 in a sense that he needs to accept that he is not an all-around scorer and focus on the role assigned by the coaches.

So who would you cut to keep him? Tilman? Lofton?
VCfor3
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
Forum Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 3,978

Post#4 » by VCfor3 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 3:07 am

Patty Mills is part of the deal but it is unclear if he is going to us or someone else. Are we getting him too? If so then we are now two players over the roster limit.

Read on Twitter
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#5 » by esvl » Sun Jul 2, 2023 3:35 am

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

LaRavia
psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,949

Post#6 » by psman2 » Sun Jul 2, 2023 3:45 am

esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:

LaRavia

I know you dislike him but zero chance we waive him for Christopher. But I do think there is a chance we move LaRavia as the compensation to land a Brooklyn forward in this mega deal we are part of. Eat some dead money and send LaRavia and end up with DFS is not a bad outcome.
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by esvl » Sun Jul 2, 2023 2:01 pm

psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:

LaRavia

I know you dislike him but zero chance we waive him for Christopher. But I do think there is a chance we move LaRavia as the compensation to land a Brooklyn forward in this mega deal we are part of. Eat some dead money and send LaRavia and end up with DFS is not a bad outcome.

It looks like a too good to be true outcome if we land DFS. Fingers crossed.

Re Christopher, having watched more highlights, I have to agree with you. He is out. Tunnel vision. Strange ball trajectory. Scoring mostly through traffic - similar to Brooks.

Re LaRavia, he wore a stupid, disengaged face through the whole season. Same as Chandler. In contrast with Roddy, he looked completely indifferent on the floor or off. No passion of any kind. I hate this type of morons. I am done with him unless he surprises us - the chance is low though.
MemphisX
Analyst
And1: 3,590

Post#8 » by MemphisX » Mon Jul 3, 2023 1:03 am

esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:
esvl wrote:
LaRavia

Re Christopher, having watched more highlights, I have to agree with you. He is out. Tunnel vision. Strange ball trajectory. Scoring mostly through traffic - similar to Brooks.

Re LaRavia, he wore a stupid, disengaged face through the whole season. Same as Chandler. In contrast with Roddy, he looked completely indifferent on the floor or off. No passion of any kind. I hate this type of morons. I am done with him unless he surprises us - the chance is low though.

What in the world are you talking about? Laravia was the best player to play for the Hustle and that includes Lofton and Roddy. Laravia also was very productive when he played for the Grizzlies. Not sure why there is some rush to cut young guys or put them down.
Check out my Memphis Grizzlies Youtube Channel --->>> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbB6yGykQEUwl9hqWYVp45g
esvl
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by esvl » Mon Jul 3, 2023 2:49 am

MemphisX wrote:
esvl wrote:
psman2 wrote:

What in the world are you talking about? Laravia was the best player to play for the Hustle and that includes Lofton and Roddy. Laravia also was very productive when he played for the Grizzlies. Not sure why there is some rush to cut young guys or put them down.

May be my expectations were unreasonably high, but this is Ziare or Jake who were supposed to take the SF position which was vacant the whole year. They both failed, so our FO had to keep Dillon to cover that hole. Roddy looked way more better than LaRavia in every respect. To be honest, you have managed to confuse me with your strong reaction. Now I am kind of doubting my impression. Interested in what other guys here think…

Return to Memphis Grizzlies