ImageImage

TPE shopping $7,492,540

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

psman2
General Manager
And1: 4,948

TPE shopping $7,492,540 

Post#1 » by psman2 » Fri Oct 6, 2023 6:52 pm

Our roster is currently full but we still have a few avenues to improve our team. One would have been the MLE but after our front office alluded to using it this off season that did not come to fruition. Maybe we can utilize it later in the season to offer the most money on the buyout market but doubt the best buyout guys are coming here regardless.

So the next avenue is trades. The TPE from the Brooks deal of approx 7.6m(tpe plus 100k) could be a way we decide to bring in a player to boast our rotation. I do think right now we likely to give all of our youth the opportunity to earn a role but if the right opportunity arises maybe we would consider a small trade now. We will have to cut or include a body in the trade. So anyone you like out that might be had making this amount of money?

One guy that fits into the TPE that could be a good fit here is Caleb Martin. The heat might be making a move where they need to include him as incentive. We could step in as a 3rd team and offer a TPE and a top 20 protected 1st or a guy like Roddy and a 2nd. Martin has a player option so he is likely a UFA next season so I wouldn't want to offer too much, but he could be guy that gets 20-25 minutes at the 3/4 for us and had a good playoff run for Heat last year.

Otto Porter (6.3m) could be another guy we might land via the TPE and a couple of 2nds. If healthy I still think he can give a quality 20 minutes and Portland is so deep at forward that he might be available now. And later in the season when he becomes trade eligible I would like us to make try swing a deal for Jalen McDaniels at 4.5m. Likely cost us a pair of 2nds.
esvl
Bench Warmer
And1: 389

Re: TPE shopping $7,492,540 

Post#2 » by esvl » Sat Oct 7, 2023 5:17 pm

I just don’t see how any 7m player can further improve this team at this point of time. I doubt even that there is any need for one. We are good, we have no apparent holes. I would wait for February.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies