ImageImage

Rudy Gay

Moderators: VCfor3, SD2042

call.me.dude
Rookie
And1: 12

Rudy Gay 

Post#1 » by call.me.dude » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:22 am

Hey Grizzlies Fans, first of all I really like your team (at least what i get to see of them) especially Juan La Bomba Navarro :) and Rudy Gay. But since I can't watch that much Memphis games here in Germany, I have a question to you about Rudy:

well, sometimes i see Rudy and Mike Miller in the starting lineup both listed as forwards... as far as I knew, rudy is a g/f so how come he has to play the 4 spot? Even though he's a good athlete and a good scorer in the post I doubt that he can defend strong PFs like Boozer. So how does the team handle that? And how does Rudy handle it? Or is it just a few minutes that Rudy has to play PF?

I'm sorry that I don't know much about your team :oops: , but I'm really interested in it and I would be happy if some explained this to me.
lain
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#2 » by lain » Thu Jan 3, 2008 3:32 am

He can't deffend PF, he is a correct deffender SF. But PF.... Rudy will be a great SF, and an undersized PF
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Re: Rudy Gay 

Post#3 » by SD2042 » Thu Jan 3, 2008 6:01 am

call.me.dude wrote:Hey Grizzlies Fans, first of all I really like your team (at least what i get to see of them) especially Juan La Bomba Navarro :) and Rudy Gay. But since I can't watch that much Memphis games here in Germany, I have a question to you about Rudy:

well, sometimes i see Rudy and Mike Miller in the starting lineup both listed as forwards... as far as I knew, rudy is a g/f so how come he has to play the 4 spot? Even though he's a good athlete and a good scorer in the post I doubt that he can defend strong PFs like Boozer. So how does the team handle that? And how does Rudy handle it? Or is it just a few minutes that Rudy has to play PF?

I'm sorry that I don't know much about your team :oops: , but I'm really interested in it and I would be happy if some explained this to me.

First off, welcome to the boards. Looking forward to your posts here.

On Rudy, Iavaroni has this "Phoenix 4" system as one of his schemes when he wants to run a faster offense set. The thing about this scheme is that he gets too wrapped up in that system due to that he uses that PHX 4 scheme against the wrong matchups like San Antonio for instance. Good luck guarding TD if you're Rudy Gay. That scheme can work if Rudy draws PF like Udonis Haslem, Chuck Hayes, or Malik Allen. Basically b/c those guys I listed are 6-8 and below. Rudy can take advantage of those better defensively since he's 6'9.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies