Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Damon Buyout Near Complete 

Post#1 » by SD2042 » Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:00 am

Double Dribble
Junior
And1: 0

Post#2 » by Double Dribble » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:19 am

What a freaking waste. One more stupid move added to the list. I think I'm finished. I wanted to believe that Heisley wasn't tying the GM's hands, but that's obviously not the case. Not that our GMs are/were competent anyway...
dark-child
Sixth Man
And1: 125

Post#3 » by dark-child » Sun Jan 27, 2008 3:53 pm

A lot or people keep saying Navaro can't play the point but I disagree. I think he can be servicable there while Conley is out. I've seen in some posts that they will not fill the roster spot, and in this blog it is believed the spot will be filled by a scrub. Navaro and Miller can play the point so no move is immediately necessary.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#4 » by boogiesdad » Sun Jan 27, 2008 4:43 pm

we are fine at the PG spot.

Conley/Lowry are very capable and our future.

Right now our problem is the C spot.

I wouldn't mind seeing us move Miller in a package for VC.

We also need to evaluate our PF spot, and pray Beasley flls into our hands.
hptmatthew
Senior
And1: 3

Post#5 » by hptmatthew » Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:36 pm

Double Dribble wrote:What a freaking waste. One more stupid move added to the list. I think I'm finished. I wanted to believe that Heisley wasn't tying the GM's hands, but that's obviously not the case. Not that our GMs are/were competent anyway...

agreed (not with the "i'm finished" part, though). Total waste. There was even a trade offer made that Heisley turned down "because it wasn't a good enough situation for Damon". PATENTLY ABSURD. Heisley has REPEATEDLY (for better or for worse)handcuffed our GM's becuase he has to look out for the "best interests of the team/business/organization". Now he turns down a trade that could have netted the Grizzlies at least a draft pick or a small expiring becuase he puts a *player's* needs or desires above the interests of the team/organization as a whole. Pathetic.

Notice also that Iavaroni and wallace "had no comment". Maybe 'cuz they had nothing to say...but I'm much more inclined to think that they wish Heisley would have done what was best for the team instead of bowing to Damon's and his agent's "demands".

VERY annoying.
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,414

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:40 am

It's official. Damon Stoudamire waived from the Grizzlies.

http://www.grizzblogs.com/index.php?/si ... re_waived/
Magz50
Head Coach
And1: 114

Post#7 » by Magz50 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:44 am

"Stoudamire had expressed interest in signing with both the Spurs and the Boston Celtics, but seems to have settled on San Antonio as his destination of choice."

I hope so..please get it done RC!

Return to Memphis Grizzlies