Grizzlies @ Portland

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Grizzlies @ Portland 

Post#1 » by vanjulio » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:14 pm

Image @ Image

Who: Memphis Grizzlies(5-10) @Portland Trailblazers (12-5)
When: Friday, November 27th
Where: Rose Quarter in Portland, OR
Time: 9:00 PM CST
TV/Radio: SS,CSNW / WRBO 103.5FM
Season Series: 0-1
Team Trivia: Mike Conley Jr. and Greg Oden played on the same team in high school and NCAA before coming to NBA. Brandon Roy beat out #1 pick Andrea Bargnani and Grizzlies' Rudy Gay for Rookie of the Year honors in the 2006-2007 season.

Grizzlies Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Blazers Starters

ImageImageImageImageImage

Bench Heroes

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die
The Sebastian Express
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
Senior Mod - Trail Blazers
And1: 9,833

Re: Grizzlies @ Portland 

Post#2 » by The Sebastian Express » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:30 pm

Travis is out with a broken foot, I guess you could replace his picture with Dante Cunningham. These old pictures make me laugh because I didn't realize Martell Webster had lost so much weight!
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#3 » by vanjulio » Fri Nov 27, 2009 2:44 pm

ahh yeah . Joel looks way different! man I should have seen Outlaw was out. but at least I didn't have Batum starting. Dante Cunningham deserves to be on there as much as our rookies do! :oops:
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#4 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:03 pm

Starters vs Starters is a good match up. The benches, however, win the war. Portland wins that war in a route...
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#5 » by jefe » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:13 pm

Just looking for a better showing than Wednesday night against Phoenix. How you give up 85% shooting in the 3rd quarter to render the entire 4th quarter garbage time is beyond me. . . On the positive side though, Thabeet looked like a garbage time hero!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#6 » by SD2042 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 11:58 pm

PHX was simply on fire on offense on Wednesday night. It's bad enough the Grizz weren't able to play better on defense, but to shoot 85% in the third quarter on the Grizz was an insult to injury. They have to look to redeem themselves after getting embarrassed like that in the game.

As for the game itself, unless the Griz can find a way to slow down B-Roy and LMA on offense, the Grizz will have another tough night ahead of them.
BlazersRizing
Assistant Coach
And1: 159

Post#7 » by BlazersRizing » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:46 am

Grizz playing top notch tonight. good job. Tinsley was a good pickup for you guys.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#8 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:20 am

Portland's still gonna win...
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#9 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:04 am

Gotta give my props to Memphis. Thabeet's giving us all kinds of trouble. His defense is in the same category as Oden's, though his offense is still pretty raw IMO.
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by vanjulio » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:09 am

Portland has shown their colors. Awfully vacant.

I never thought they were for real. Their team is strong but it lacks real firepower. I won't place our team among the elite but also you can't put Portland there ever either.
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#11 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:19 am

vanjulio wrote:Portland has shown their colors. Awfully vacant.

I never thought they were for real. Their team is strong but it lacks real firepower. I won't place our team among the elite but also you can't put Portland there ever either.

Well that's intelligent... Base your entire synopsis on one game... I think you need to quit drinking your Blazer hate lemonade and wake up to the fact that we won 54 games last year and perhaps, just perhaps, it's the coach who's making us lose, not the players...
vanjulio
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by vanjulio » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:24 am

one game or all 4 they lost to Houston a few months ago!!! .... :P

I like your team. Rudy Fernandez is a favorite of mine. But "overrated"..... nothing is worse than losing to them. And finally a win. it's deserved!!!! :x
PDXKnight
RealGM

Post#13 » by PDXKnight » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:27 am

vanjulio wrote:one game or all 4 they lost to Houston a few months ago!!! .... :P

I like your team. Rudy Fernandez is a favorite of mine. But "overrated"..... nothing is worse than losing to them. And finally a win. it's deserved!!!! :x

I will agree that the win is deserved for Memphis.

As far as Houston goes, that's a team that we ALWAYS lose to. Every team has a team who absolutely kills them every time, Houston and Dallas are those teams for the Blazers. Had we played anyone else than those two teams (Even LA), we would've played a MUCH better series.
GrizzledGrizzFan
Lead Assistant
And1: 161

Post#14 » by GrizzledGrizzFan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:34 am

I am (pleasantly) surprised. WTG Grizz!
SD2042
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
Senior Mod - Grizzlies
And1: 2,413

Post#15 » by SD2042 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:43 am

That was a good win against the Blazers. Perhaps the best game they played so far this season.
GoDucks92
Senior
And1: 1

Post#16 » by GoDucks92 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 pm

SD2042 wrote:That was a good win against the Blazers. Perhaps the best game they played so far this season.

Perhaps? If they played a better game this season, it would be a perfect game. :lol:
fffffffuuuuu
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#17 » by 360 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:31 pm

Great win.

Thabeet was good. Tinsley looked like the vet presence that we desperately need, and Marc and OJ were awesome.
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#18 » by Downtown » Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:47 pm

If this is what Tinsley can bring to the team every game then I'll have to take my foot out of my mouth. I didn't believe he could contribute much. Based on last night's game alone I am wrong. Nothing like a veteran who plays the role that the coach asks from him.

And wasn't it good to see Thabeet make a contribution in limited minutes? With him, the much improved Gasol, and the addition of the strong Randolph at least it looks like they've solved their interior game issues from last season. Darell Arthur will only add even more depth whenever he returns. Greg Oden and Lemarcus Alderidge are two of the top young big players in the NBA and Gasol and Randolph were their equals. That's very encouraging and every game those two seem to be getting more comfortable with each other and that can only spell good things going forward.

Memphis did what they needed to do after catching Portland napping in the first half. They held the fort and didn't crumble in the second half. It was a great effort by everyone. We can only hope that the young guys build on this and stay positive and wrok even harder.

Return to Memphis Grizzlies