Grizzlies @ Blazers

Moderators: SD2042, VCfor3

MemGrizz723
Sophomore
And1: 11

Re: Grizzlies @ Blazers 

Post#16 » by MemGrizz723 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 5:43 am

Wow what a game

Mayo and Randolph came up HUGE for us and won the GRIZZ the game.

FINALLY above .500 again.
Shem
RealGM
And1: 3,324

Post#17 » by Shem » Wed Jan 6, 2010 5:46 am

Congrats on the Grizzlies for having the referees handing them the game. I don't know if your broadcast showed it, but when Webster shot the three-pointer that was dished off by Roy, he was clearly fouled by Rudy G. One of the many bogus calls in that game, but that missed call on Webster's 3-pointer was the worst one.

I'm not saying the Blazers didn't make some bad plays at the end of the game to hurt themselves, but if the game was called correctly, it wouldn't have been enough for the Grizzlies to win anyway.

So make sure you send a letter for congrats to the referees.
April 4, 2014:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:I never said Dallas was good as Portland

Earlier on December 8, 2013:
HotrodBeaubois wrote:That's the Whole Point Portland is No better than Dallas
Agenda42
General Manager
And1: 461

Post#18 » by Agenda42 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 5:52 am

Shem wrote:So make sure you send a letter for congrats to the referees.

Sorry about this one guys. It's a tough loss to take.

I'm very impressed with how Randolph is playing right now. It's a night and day difference from his tenure in Portland or New York. I expect to see you guys in the playoffs this season, it's a nice roster.
PDXKnight
RealGM
And1: 2,676

Post#19 » by PDXKnight » Wed Jan 6, 2010 5:56 am

Shem wrote:Congrats on the Grizzlies for having the referees handing them the game. I don't know if your broadcast showed it, but when Webster shot the three-pointer that was dished off by Roy, he was clearly fouled by Rudy G. One of the many bogus calls in that game, but that missed call on Webster's 3-pointer was the worst one.

I'm not saying the Blazers didn't make some bad plays at the end of the game to hurt themselves, but if the game was called correctly, it wouldn't have been enough for the Grizzlies to win anyway.

I'm with agenda on this one, that was a hard ending and don't hold too much of a grudge on Shem here.

Anyways, Memphis fought hard. While I agree there were some questionable calls, I'd say Portland and Memphis both deserved to win this one tonight. Portland was without most of their roster but played with a lot of heart and Memphis is continuing to show that they're a legit team on the rise. Congrats on the win.
Bench Warmer
And1: 79

Post#20 » by 360 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 6:06 am

Mayo with an incredible 4th quarter!
Downtown
Head Coach
And1: 577

Post#21 » by Downtown » Wed Jan 6, 2010 7:00 am

I didn't see the game but the one area of concern is that it looked in the boxscore at least that both Miller and Bayless had their way with Conley. Can anyone tell me if they did make Conley look bad?

I would like to see either of them in a Grizzlies jersey.

Good to see the Grizzlies get the win though.
bobobolas1
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#22 » by bobobolas1 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 11:28 am

Great win, finally above .50 in the east we would be getting a PO spot for sure...
jefe
General Manager
And1: 636

Post#23 » by jefe » Wed Jan 6, 2010 1:40 pm

Shem wrote:Congrats on the Grizzlies for having the referees handing them the game. I don't know if your broadcast showed it, but when Webster shot the three-pointer that was dished off by Roy, he was clearly fouled by Rudy G. One of the many bogus calls in that game, but that missed call on Webster's 3-pointer was the worst one.

Everybody has been on the wrong side of bad calls before - certainly the Grizz. It happened to the Blazers in this one, but it's happened to everyone. Regardless, you should be upset with your players for giving up an 8-0 run in the final three minutes to tie the game at 104, and then Bayless for splitting his pair of free throws.
vanjulio
Sixth Man
And1: 60

Post#24 » by vanjulio » Wed Jan 6, 2010 2:40 pm

I see also the refs gave Denver the win against GSW.

It can go either way. It's worse when the ref bias feels consistent throughout a game and they have to fight back to win against both a stronger opponent and the refs calling everything against them. Usually this is the Grizzlies plight.
==========================
Memphis Grizzlies Never Die

Return to Memphis Grizzlies