Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - MadNess vs durantbird*

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,178

Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - MadNess vs durantbird* 

Post#1 » by durantbird » Sat Mar 2, 2024 1:25 pm

Here is a quick list of what you need in your writeup.

1. Specific years for each player on your team
2. Rotations and minutes for each player
3. Reasoning as to why your team will win and/or why people should vote for you.

Do not vote in this thread until both managers have submitted their writeups.

If writeups aren't posted within 24 hours, we will vote solely based on the players they have drafted (and any rotations they have posted on their roster page).

**First to 3 votes advances**

MadNess wrote:
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Re: Multi Franchise States Draft - R1 - MadNess vs durantbird 

Post#2 » by durantbird » Sat Mar 2, 2024 5:17 pm

PG: James Harden 18' - 20.1
SG: Eddie Jones 01' - 13.8
SF: James Posey 06' - 5.9
PF: Rashard Lewis 10' - 11.2
C: Tim Duncan 03' - 17.2

Bench: Hedo Turkoglu 06' - 11.2
Bench: Andrew Bogut 16' - 4.0
Bench: Shaun Livingston 17' - 4.2

Rotation:
PG: James Harden 39 / Shaun Livingston 9
SG: Eddie Jones 38 / James Posey 6 / Shaun Livingston 4
SF: James Posey 24 / Hedo Turkoglu 24
PF: Rashard Lewis 36 / Tim Duncan 7 / Hedo Turkoglu 5
C: Tim Duncan 32 / Andrew Bogut 16

87.6/88

Vs

PG: Tony Parker (36) | Andre Iguodala (12)
SG: Manu Ginobili (36) | Andre Iguodala (12)
SF: Bruce Bowen (30) | Lamar Odom (18)
PF: Carmelo Anthony (36) | Lamar Odom (12)
Cc: Shaquille O’Neal (40) | Dikembe Mutombo (8)

Matchup:
- Defensive assignments: Jones vs Manu, Harden vs Parker, Posey vs Melo, Lewis vs Bowen, Duncan vs Shaq.
- We match up well here. Duncan is a good answer for Shaq who will also keep him occupied on the other end, we've also got Jones and Posey to throw at Manu and Carmelo, and while Harden on Parker isn't ideal, Parker will also see some different looks from EJ, Posey and Livingston. On the other end, Rashard and EJ might create some trouble for Melo and Manu.
- I really like our fit with 2 of the best 3 players - two reigning MVPs with very good pieces around them. Jones, Rashard and Hedo provide superb 3 to 5 options, with Posey, Bogut, Livingston being very good 6 to 8 as well.
- We have the better defense with Duncan and Bogut as anchors, and Jones-Posey as wing defenders. Shaq is fine in that season but he's no Duncan defensively, also Carmelo presents more defensive challenges than Rashard, who is all in all a pretty solid defender.
- We've also got some very good secondary playmaking. With Harden leading the way, we got some nice secondary playmaking from Livingston, Hedo, Duncan and Bogut, and we got nice spacing to utilize it.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,693

Post#3 » by MadNESS » Sat Mar 2, 2024 9:43 pm

NessDiesel

PG: Tony Parker (36) | Andre Iguodala (12)
SG: Manu Ginobili (36) | Andre Iguodala (12)
SF: Bruce Bowen (30) | Lamar Odom (18)
PF: Carmelo Anthony (36) | Lamar Odom (12)
Cc: Shaquille O’Neal (40) | Dikembe Mutombo (8)

Total: 87.8 | 88.0

99’-00’ Shaquille O’Neal - 21.1 FGA
04’-05’ Manu Ginobili - 10.5 FGA
02’-03’ Bruce Bowen - 5.8 FGA
14’-15’ Andre Iguodala - 6.4 FGA
09’-10’ Lamar Odom - 9.0 FGA
13’-14’ Tony Parker - 13.4 FGA
04’-05’ Dikembe Mutombo - 3.0 FGA
11’-12’ Carmelo Anthony - 18.6 FGA

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Write up:
Good luck DB
We will play straight up defense against DB.
Parker can and will slow down Harden. Parker was an elite defender almost his entire career. Manu is a good defender for Eddie Jones. Bowen will lock up Posey. Melo will keep Shard from shooting 3’s and Shaq will defend Duncan.

Our team defense is elite. Everyone knows Melo played defense when it mattered. We built our team like the elite Spurs teams everyone know about, but instead of Duncan we have Shaq, and instead of Rasho or old Robinson or a guy like that, we have PRIME Melo. We will run that whip play the spurs ran - Google it if you don’t know. Now picture unstoppable Shaq and unstoppable Melo running that with Parker, Manu and Bowen. Jesus.

Melo’s mid range game and the ability to create his own shot make him a good pair with Shaq. Shaq dominates inside with Melo, Parker, Manu and Bowen on the perimeter.

We have the deepest bench in the league with FMVP Iggy, Lamar Odom, and Deke playing 8 minutes.

We have winners, we have depth, we have great defense and great balance. Once again, I feel like I drafted the best team in this draft. Let’s see what the judges think.

Vote Ness!
LAKESHOW
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,830

Post#4 » by Fadeaway_J » Sat Mar 2, 2024 11:46 pm

To be honest, I think it's rather odd to start Bowen and then waste him on Posey while asking Parker to guard Harden instead. Parker was never anything close to an elite defender even against regular PGs, he's definitely not slowing down an MVP-level offensive guard who is much bigger and stronger. I thought this would be a clear matchup advantage for Ness as Harden trying to stay in front of Parker seems like a nightmare, but instead durantbird comes out ahead in the exchange. Nevertheless, having two All-NBA guards around Shaq is a good place to start, and while I'm generally quite low on Melo, I could see him succeeding in an "Olympic Melo" sort of role where he's spacing the floor at PF and not being allowed to pound the air out of the ball. I prefer Ness's bench as well.

Vote: MadNESS
flaco
Veteran
And1: 874

Post#5 » by flaco » Sun Mar 3, 2024 11:46 am

I think db has a sizeable advantage in terms of fit. Harden-Timmy spamming the spread PnR are unguardable. EJ and Rashard Lewis provide even more firepower at the wing positions. Shaq is obviously a monster, but Timmy is a truly elite postup defender. I'd trust him to do a decent enough job. On the other hand, Shaq would be exposed trying to defend in space. Personally, I think Parker is massively overrated. He was a slasher who relied on floaters (not finishing through contact equals low FTr) and never developed a reliable 3pt shot. At the very least, he's a questionable fit alongside Shaq cause he isn't a floor spacer. I'm pretty low on Melo as well tbh. His iso-heavy style is inefficient in the modern era. To make matters worse, he realied heavily on the long 2 which is considered hands down the least efficient shot. There's a reason these 2 guys almost never get selected in our games.

Vote: durantbird
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,581

Post#6 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Mar 3, 2024 5:31 pm

While I appreciate someone taking Melo, I don't love the fit for him on either end here beside Shaq's ok pnr defense and on a team that had enough creation, plus it's not his best version. durant's team is less talented but I think Duncan-Harden with shooters can work. Vote durantbird.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,215

Post#7 » by Laimbeer » Sun Mar 3, 2024 6:14 pm

Ness has more depth offensively. Shaq and Melo with that Spurs backcourt is a handful.

Vote - Ness
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,830

Post#8 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:23 pm

uberhikari wrote:

lilroddyb wrote:

Snakebites wrote:

Larry_Russell wrote:
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,010

Post#9 » by Snakebites » Sun Mar 3, 2024 10:37 pm

Both strong teams. I think Parker on Harden is a mismatch and I think db's overall offense flows better.

Vote DB
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by durantbird » Mon Mar 4, 2024 5:42 am

durantbird advances

Return to Trades and Transactions Games