Multi Franchise States Draft - Discussion

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

durantbird
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,178

Re: Multi Franchise States Draft - Discussion 

Post#21 » by durantbird » Sun Feb 25, 2024 2:54 pm

I was really debating with myself between Duncan and another guy. Yesterday I left Fade a list with some other guy in front of him.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,693

Post#22 » by MadNESS » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:28 pm

Snakebites wrote:It’s kind of impressive how little the NY teams are bringing to this table.

Up
LAKESHOW
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by durantbird » Sun Feb 25, 2024 4:38 pm

durantbird wrote:I was really debating with myself between Duncan and another guy. Yesterday I left Fade a list with some other guy in front of him.

Shaq was the guy. Time will tell if I made the right decision. At least he didn't fall any further.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,037

Re: Multi Franchise States Draft - Signups 

Post#24 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:04 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:If we wait until Sunday that would give us 10. Should we reduce the time frame?

Up

In terms of first round talent I thought Lebron, Kawhi, KD, Steph, Shaq, TD formed a relatively clear top 6, so I wasn’t super thrilled with the 7 spot. I do love Dirk though. First option chops and a positive floor spacer at 16.2 FGA. He was my bread and butter back when I routinely got late-but-not-end picks back in the day.

I also have the second AND third round pool going pretty flat right around my pick so it’ll suffice to say I’m hoping to be surprised. This spot doesn’t look all that great unless I’m missing somebody.
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by MadNESS » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:30 pm

There is a clear top 7, but for whatever reason, there is a group of haters (regulars) for this particular player, even though he is top 3 all time. So he doesn't get drafted. :D
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#26 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:31 pm

MadNESS wrote:There is a clear top 7, but for whatever reason, there is a group of haters (regulars) for this particular player, even though he is top 3 all time. So he doesn't get drafted. :D

I don’t hate him.

But he’s very expensive and not as easy to build around.

And…he’s not top 3. Or close.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,833

Post#27 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:10 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:.

Up
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,582

Post#28 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Feb 25, 2024 7:47 pm

Fadeaway_J wrote:
Dr Positivity wrote:.

Up

Up
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Fadeaway_J » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 pm

MadNESS wrote:There is a clear top 7, but for whatever reason, there is a group of haters (regulars) for this particular player, even though he is top 3 all time. So he doesn't get drafted. :D

Up
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#30 » by MadNESS » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:54 pm

durantbird wrote:I was really debating with myself between Duncan and another guy. Yesterday I left Fade a list with some other guy in front of him.

Up
LAKESHOW
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#31 » by Snakebites » Sun Feb 25, 2024 10:04 pm

Yep. I passed on Harden despite (IMO) him being a pretty good fit with Dirk.

Which probably wasn't the best move- every pool is different and I'm not sure Harden would do as poorly in this pool as he did in the last game. But whatever. The negative taste in my mouth was strong.
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by durantbird » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:04 am

Uber has my options
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#33 » by MadNESS » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:21 am

Should be the easiest pick in the world for Snake
LAKESHOW
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#34 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:56 am

MadNESS wrote:Should be the easiest pick in the world for Snake

Up
MadNESS
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#35 » by MadNESS » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:28 am

Up
LAKESHOW
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#36 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:32 am

uberhikari wrote:.

Durantbird is up
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#37 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:34 am

This is thinning out already. I may have been too conservative with Battier, but a lot of the remaining stars will require me to save FGAs in order to afford them.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#38 » by Snakebites » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:27 am

Fadeaway_J wrote:This is thinning out already. I may have been too conservative with Battier, but a lot of the remaining stars will require me to save FGAs in order to afford them.

Yeah, this pool is not nearly as deep as originally supposed.

Too late to second guess trimming the timeline down though. And maybe we'll all do with a bit of a challenge.

I was already less than thrilled with my options in the third round. I think Jalen Brunson should be due some burn in these games though. A 24 PPG scorer on strong efficiency and should be an excellent fit with Dirk/Klay as a pretty deadly offensive trio.

There's a certain other point guard who in a vacuum was a perfect fit with Klay and Dirk, but taking the older version of him at point guard didn't give me an obvious way of fleshing out my offense without compromising my defense (you really can't put a no defense player in the front court with Dirk, neither at the 3 or the 5).

Which is probably why I should have taken Harden. But I didn't wanna. I was hoping Dallas Steve Nash would fall a little further than he did. Or I was hoping for DRob (which was probably foolish).
durantbird
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by durantbird » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:43 am

Snakebites wrote:
Fadeaway_J wrote:This is thinning out already. I may have been too conservative with Battier, but a lot of the remaining stars will require me to save FGAs in order to afford them.

Too late to second guess trimming the timeline down though. And maybe we'll all do with a bit of a challenge.

I was already less than thrilled with my options in the third round. I think Jalen Brunson should be due some burn in these games though. A 24 PPG scorer on strong efficiency and should be an excellent fit with Dirk/Klay as a pretty deadly offensive trio.

There's a certain other point guard who in a vacuum was a perfect fit with Klay and Dirk, but taking the older version of him at point guard didn't give me an obvious way of fleshing out my offense without compromising my defense (you really can't put a no defense player in the front court with Dirk, neither at the 3 or the 5).

Which is probably why I should have taken Harden. But I didn't wanna. I was hoping Dallas Steve Nash would fall a little further than he did. Or I was hoping for DRob (which was probably foolish).

I wasn't about to trim the timeline until Fade suggested. I thought the pool was good enough for 10 players, this is why I posted it this way, but I figured you guys wanted more challenge.
Fadeaway_J
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#40 » by Fadeaway_J » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:09 am

durantbird wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

I wasn't about to trim the timeline until Fade suggested. I thought the pool was good enough for 10 players, this is why I posted it this way, but I figured you guys wanted more challenge.

I wasn't complaining, just making an observation.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games