TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - CellarDoor is the winner!

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Re: TRADE TOURNAMENT by eitanr - The Finals -dash4 v. CellarDoor 

Post#181 » by CellarDoor » Mon Sep 29, 2008 4:23 pm

What am I waiting on? I already know the outcome. Take your time man, I'm not going anywhere :)
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,007

Post#182 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 1, 2008 3:38 am

contracts at start of 2008-2009

ellis 6yr 66mil / williams 3rd yr rookie scale
sjax 2 yr 14.5mil / azubuike 3yr 9 mil / bellineli 2nd yr rookie scale
magz 5 yr 50 mil / randolph 1st yr rookie scale
harrington 2 yr 19mil / wright 2nd yr rookie scale
biedrins 6 yr 54mil / turiaf 4 yr 17mil

+ a bunch of rookie/minimum/unguaranteed stuff

68 million

the warriors have what should be a future pg/sf/pg/c with ellis/randolph/wright/biedrins
trade:

golden state sends: stephen jackson, al harrington, cj watson

why? these guys are not part of the future. get rid of them, develop a new environment. get a better lotto pick. al harrington and stephen jackson have both showed displeasure with their contract and/or playing time

new york sends: stephon marbury, future 1st rnd pick

why? they don't lose any 2010 capspace. they get better right away, knowing they owe a 1st round pick two utah unprotected in 2009-2010.

contracts at start of 2009-2010

ellis 5yr 55mil / williams 4th yr rookie scale
top 7 rookie pick / bellineli 3rd yr rookie scale / azubuike 3yr 9 mil /
magz 4 yr 40 mil / randolph 2nd yr rookie scale
wright 3rd yr rookie scale
biedrins 4 yr 45mil / turiaf 3 yr 13mil

max contract space

sign boozer 5 yr,82 mil (elton brand contract). jump the 2010 offseason when most star players will most likely be completely maxed out by their current team. going to be tough to steal one.

sign small, one-two yr deals for fill roster.

trade:

gsw out: marco bellineli 1.5 mil

why? with a top prospect rookie at sg and solid role player in azubuike, bellineli is expendable. smith by this time has recovered from acl tear.

phil: jason smith 1.4 mil

why? they'll quickly realize they need more shooting, and marco provides that. brand/evans make smith expendable.

contracts at start of 2010-2011

ellis / williams QO or 3yr deal / GSW 1st round pick
emerging star / azubuike
randolph / magz
boozer / wright / turiaf
biedrins / Smith / MLE

this season the warriors are just going to develop their young star players, including moving randolph to the starting lineup for the 1st time. at the end of the season, they will have their knicks first rounder and their own first rounder.

2011 playoff contender:

ellis/williams/gsw 2010 first rounder
2009 top lotto pick / 2011 gsw 1st round pick
randolph/magz/
boozer/wright/turiaf
biedrins/smith/mle

*2012 knicks 1st round pick
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by CellarDoor » Wed Oct 1, 2008 12:18 pm

Edited for DCash's ego...again
:P
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#184 » by dockingsched » Wed Oct 1, 2008 2:17 pm

damn. i had him in the harrington/sjax package but never found a trade i liked. thanks.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
LeQuitterNotMVP
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#185 » by LeQuitterNotMVP » Wed Oct 1, 2008 7:21 pm

Gotta give this one to cellardoor.

Basically he gives the Warriors good value for Jackson and Maggette. Dcash - I don't think the Warriors would trade Jackson and Harrington for cap space and pick they won't see for a while. And on the same note, I don't think the Knicks are looking to trade any picks.

I really didn't look that much at the trades in the 2009-2010 season; those are pretty hard to predict, but it looks like cellardoor's accomplishes a little more for the Warriors. Now in terms of the FA signings, dash's is obviously way more realistic, but that's not nearly enough to give him the win.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#186 » by CellarDoor » Wed Oct 1, 2008 7:30 pm

LBJ4MVP23 wrote:Gotta give this one to cellardoor.

Basically he gives the Warriors good value for Jackson and Maggette. Dcash - I don't think the Warriors would trade Jackson and Harrington for cap space and pick they won't see for a while. And on the same note, I don't think the Knicks are looking to trade any picks.

I really didn't look that much at the trades in the 2009-2010 season; those are pretty hard to predict, but it looks like cellardoor's accomplishes a little more for the Warriors. Now in terms of the FA signings, dash's is obviously way more realistic, but that's not nearly enough to give him the win.

Thanks. In my defense, I did give best case and worst case scenarios to help account for the fact that we can't forecast the future.
eitanr
General Manager
And1: 300

Post#187 » by eitanr » Fri Oct 3, 2008 5:41 pm

Cellar Door,

I liked your approach. You traded away unnecessary vets for players with potential, picks, that could actually fit in well with Nelli's style. You also gave GSW cap relief and thought it may be perceieved as somewhat unrealistic he may be someone that could sign elsewhere.

In the end GSW become very competitive in 3 years. They have an atheltic team, plenty of youth, and a nice style that fits in well with their coach.

Great Job!

dash,

I can't see the Knicks willing to unload a future pick, nor do I believe the Warriors get anywhere near fair value in that deal with NY.

I also don't like Boozer in Golden State. Carlos is a guy who would fit well somewhere where they are a post player away from contending. The Warriors need someone who can do more for the franchise and perhaps be an athletic fit in the style they run.

Dealing Marco for Smith just adds to the unfavorable deals for GSW as well. In the end I don't see the Warriors in much better shape than they are now.

Vote goes to Cellar Door.

Congrats Cellar Door you have won the tourney!!!!!
Read the best NBA Articles on the Web right here, delivering innovative insights and a unique perspectives on all the happenings of the league.

http://fullcourtanalytics.blogspot.com/
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by CellarDoor » Fri Oct 3, 2008 6:01 pm

Do I get a stuffed bear or something? Of a piece of DCash's heart maybe?! Kidding, kidding.

Thanks Eitanr, it was a fun first tourney. I appreciate you putting it on and thanks to all of my competition.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#189 » by dockingsched » Sat Oct 4, 2008 8:51 pm

congrats!

eitanr def. did a great job.
VintaGe36
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 88

Post#190 » by VintaGe36 » Sun Oct 5, 2008 10:58 pm

^Dcash, new mod of the tradeboard?

Return to Trades and Transactions Games