TWIST DRAFT - VOTING THREAD (100+ Posters please vote)

Moderators: Snakebites, MadNESS, Fadeaway_J

bullscubsbears
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: TWIST DRAFT - VOTING THREAD (100+ Posters please vote) 

Post#21 » by bullscubsbears » Sat Oct 4, 2008 8:58 am

Well voting for East I would rank like this:

1st: Boston Celtics
2nd: Cleveland Cavaliers
3rd: Detroit Pistons
4th: Orlando Magic
5th: Toronto Raptors

This of course could change if some other team joins the east.
calderon13
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#22 » by calderon13 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 2:21 am

BUMP
randomhero423
Head Coach
And1: 1

Post#23 » by randomhero423 » Mon Oct 6, 2008 3:12 am

denver nuggets
My High School Basketball Articles:
www.nyhoops.com

My Sports Blog
myrandomsportsblog.blogspot.com
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore

Post#24 » by Jud's Buechlers » Tue Oct 7, 2008 1:06 pm

Ok, there are 6 East teams and 8 West teams. How bout we split them up record wise from last year. 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th, 9th, 11th, 13th will be the "East" and 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th will be the "West". I don't have time to re-post the teams, but do people think this is a good idea? Then we can start our voting.
ws26
Bench Warmer
And1: 2

Post#25 » by ws26 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 5:24 pm

I'm down, I don't have time lately to organize the bracket, but I'll vote.
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#26 » by MJallday59 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 5:30 pm

I'll take care of it today! Let's get this done folks!!!
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore

Post#27 » by Jud's Buechlers » Tue Oct 7, 2008 6:49 pm

Great! Then maybe we can set it up so 4 teams in the East make the playoffs and 4 in the West? I don't know... however you guys want to do this. We just need to get it done haha.
calderon13
Pro Prospect
And1: 99

Post#28 » by calderon13 » Tue Oct 7, 2008 8:30 pm

I apologize for my activity these days...busy with midterms but if someone can do that bracket then I dont mind. Otherwise i will just ask the GMs from GM-A-Team competition to vote.
deNIEd
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#29 » by deNIEd » Wed Oct 8, 2008 7:39 am

We could just say I won
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 972

Post#30 » by CellarDoor » Wed Oct 8, 2008 1:03 pm

Division 1:
Boston
Los Angeles
San Antonio
Phoenix
Orlando
Denver
Washington

Division 2:
Detroit
New Orleans
Houston
Utah
Dallas
(Should be Golden State)
Cleveland
Toronto
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
ws26
Bench Warmer

Post#31 » by ws26 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 8:41 pm

As the GM of the Orlando Magic, I have to vote on Division 2, or the West. I tried to stick with the criteria on the other page.

1. Cleveland Caviliers- Too much pure talent and not bad chemistry on this squad.
2. Houston Rockets- I like the combo of level-headed players with hot heads and its frontcourt.
3. Detroit Pistons- Can't deny this teams scoring ability, despite no defense and not enough balls.
4. NO Hornets- This team has too many players with bad backgrounds: Boozer, VC, Marbury, Reddick
5. Toronto Raptors- No go-to performer, just a bunch of nice guys.
6. Dallas Mavericks- This team is too unbalanced, all scoring Gs and no scoring Fs or C.
Jud's Buechlers
Sophomore

Post#32 » by Jud's Buechlers » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:19 pm

ws26 wrote:As the GM of the Orlando Magic, I have to vote on Division 2, or the West. I tried to stick with the criteria on the other page.

3. Detroit Pistons- Can't deny this teams scoring ability, despite no defense and not enough balls.

No defense!? Billups, Artest, and Chandler?!... and to a lesser extent Westbrook and Noah.

On another note... thanks for voting! I'll try to get my votes in tonight.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by CellarDoor » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:35 pm

Division 2:
1a. Cleveland. Getting handed LBJ and Dwade never hurts...
1b. Detroit. Fantastic balance, solid D, good depth
The next three I feel are all pretty equal with their strengths and flaws...
3. NOH. Boozer is West on steriods on offense. Shaq will have a bigger effect that some think.
4. Toronto Raptors. Really balanced, concerned about the D and the shooting.
5. Dallas Mavericks. Wade can carry a team to be sure, but there's just too many volume scorers there.
6. Houston Rockets. Odom at SF and a Kidd/Roy backcourt isn't a good start. Overpowered by the teams in the league.
I can't even find Bryant's roster, so I reserve the right to change this when adding him.
Division 1 sans my team:
1. Boston. Nice team, not much to say.
2. Los Angeles. Basically the current team with shooters at the 3 and 1, but no D there.
3. Orlando. That will bve a damn exciting team if nothing else. Imagine fast-breaks with Rose.
4. Phoenix. Amare's out of position and Cassell isn't good.
5. Denver. I could at least find an entire roster for them on the main thread.
6. Washington. No roster.
Again, I reserve the right to change this if I am presented a full Washington roster.
tsherkin wrote:You can run away if you like, but I'm not done with this nonsense, I'm going rip apart everything you've said so everyone else here knows that you're completely lacking in basic basketball knowledge...
MJallday59
Veteran
And1: 116

Post#34 » by MJallday59 » Wed Oct 8, 2008 9:54 pm

Cleveland Cavaliers here....

1. Boston - Defense, Defense, Defense Opposing Point Guards could easily tire playing against Harris, Rondo

2.San Antonio - Duncan, Martin, Iverson, Hinrich and Okur???? Really nice inside out combo

3.Los Angeles - Big man depth is the only reason why LA is behind Boston. I love combo of Calderon and Bryant

4.Orlando - If this were a competition for the future, yeah Orlando would have this one...Although if this were an actual team,Fisher-Richardson-Gay Horford-Dwight could easily make the semis

5. Phoenix - Sam Cassell should never ever start ever again....Be that as it may....I love the Amare Brand combo....Defensive Liability in the post???

6. Denver - N/A

7. Washington N/A
-MK-
Pro Prospect
And1: 143

Post#35 » by -MK- » Thu Oct 9, 2008 8:48 am

Div 1

1. Boston Celtics - Quite similar to the team that most recently won it all, but with better depth and improvements at PG & C. Superb defense.

2. LA Lakers - Very good shooting team. A tad concerned about defense at F & PG, though. And depth.

3. San Antonio Spurs - Loads of talent, but there's only one ball... You do know that, right?

4. Orlando Magic - Exciting team, but seems to be built more for the future than a win now situation. But better depth and balance give a slight edge over the Suns.

5. Phoenix Suns - Nice combo with Brand & Amare, but Amare playing a bit out of position IMO... Cassell as starting PG? o.0 Also not the best depth...

6./7. Denver/Washington - N/A
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by CellarDoor » Thu Oct 9, 2008 1:39 pm

-MK- wrote:Div 1

1. Boston Celtics - Quite similar to the team that most recently won it all, but with better depth and improvements at PG & C. Superb defense.

2. LA Lakers - Very good shooting team. A tad concerned about defense at F & PG, though. And depth.

3. San Antonio Spurs - Loads of talent, but there's only one ball... You do know that, right?

4. Orlando Magic - Exciting team, but seems to be built more for the future than a win now situation. But better depth and balance give a slight edge over the Suns.

5. Phoenix Suns - Nice combo with Brand & Amare, but Amare playing a bit out of position IMO... Cassell as starting PG? o.0 Also not the best depth...

6./7. Denver/Washington - N/A

And who other than iverson do you think needs the ball to be effective? It's sure as hell no Kirk, or Okur, or KMart, and Duncan's pretty well the ultimate team player. If you think there's chemistry issues there then you're insane.
ws26
Bench Warmer

Post#37 » by ws26 » Thu Oct 9, 2008 5:01 pm

I would tend to agree with MK, you are starting Kevin Martin and Iverson, both undersized 2s. And all your guards are scoring Gs (Martin, AI, Foye, McCants, Williams) except for Kirk, who you aren't starting. PLus, Okur works around the perimeter.
bullscubsbears
Freshman

Post#38 » by bullscubsbears » Thu Oct 9, 2008 6:44 pm

Hey just because Cassell is starting does not mean he is getting a majority of the minutes. Clearly the better guy is coming of the bench and will play more minutes but one thing i didn't get across is that I can play JJ at the 1 and put Mike Miller at the 2.
bullscubsbears
Freshman

Post#39 » by bullscubsbears » Thu Oct 9, 2008 7:33 pm

1. Cleveland – LBJ, Dirk, Rip, Camby, RJeff, Oden, Deng…. nice
2. Detroit – Good Leadership and good depth. Nicely put together
3. Houston Rockets – Your starting five is nice but depth isn’t and who is the go-to guy? Roy? I’m not sure yet if he’s quite at the point where he is a consistent closer for a championship team.
4. N.O. Hornets – Chris Paul gives this team a chance of meshing Chemistry wise. Depth is not good especially frontcourt, which is terrible. It’s a pretty weird mix of guys but like I said Chris Paul gives it a chance.
5. Toronto Raptors – Backcourt is pretty bad, Parker can’t do it all and your big men aren’t good enough to improve it. There needs to be some shooters around Bosh.
6. Dallas Mavericks – Just not enough talent compared to everyone else. Baron Davis and Wade try to do the same things on the floor. I don’t see how they compliment eachother.
CellarDoor
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by CellarDoor » Thu Oct 9, 2008 10:28 pm

ws26 wrote:I would tend to agree with MK, you are starting Kevin Martin and Iverson, both undersized 2s. And all your guards are scoring Gs (Martin, AI, Foye, McCants, Williams) except for Kirk, who you aren't starting. PLus, Okur works around the perimeter.

KMart is undersized at SG? The same dude that's 6'7? And Parker isn't much more of a PG than Iverson nowadays imo.

Return to Trades and Transactions Games