I not sure about that one. Its hard to tear my heart away from the old type
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,314

Re: Winnipeg NHL Team Name? 

Post#22 » by Parataxis » Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:01 am

YogiStewart wrote:Someone found this tidbit:

http://cargocollective.com/davidson#155 ... nipeg-Jets

This company claims they were contacted by True North. I hate their logo, though.

That's fairly awful (although it works on the ice). I do like their shouldercrest and third jersey logo however.

http://payload.cargocollective.com/1/0/ ... rand_6.png
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,221

Post#23 » by C Court » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:49 am

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote: I seriously have my doubts that this team will be named the Winnipeg Jets. There's also another guy on the Thrashers board on hfboards.com, who sounds pretty confident that TNSE will be sticking with the Manitoba Moose name.

Anything can happen reagrding the name, but I wouldn't put much stock in what a guy on the Thrashers board says.

I personally know the players at True North and have solid contacts in Winnipeg. From what I've been told, the Moose is perceived as a name associated with a minor league team and it has been withdrawn from consideration weeks ago.

Chipman liked Polar Bears, but Boston said no because they own the NHL rights to a 'bear' image/logo. David Thomson likes the Jets name and he owns 50% of True North.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
CeltsfanSinceBirth
RealGM
And1: 34,840

Post#24 » by CeltsfanSinceBirth » Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Centre Court wrote:
CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote: I seriously have my doubts that this team will be named the Winnipeg Jets. There's also another guy on the Thrashers board on hfboards.com, who sounds pretty confident that TNSE will be sticking with the Manitoba Moose name.

Anything can happen reagrding the name, but I wouldn't put much stock in what a guy on the Thrashers board says.

I personally know the players at True North and have solid contacts in Winnipeg. From what I've been told, the Moose is perceived as a name associated with a minor league team and it has been withdrawn from consideration weeks ago.

Chipman liked Polar Bears, but Boston said no because they own the NHL rights to a 'bear' image/logo. David Thomson likes the Jets name and he owns 50% of True North.

Lets hope you're right. The guy who runs the winnipegjetsowner (or whatever it's called) is also reporting that the team will, indeed, be the "JETS"! He's claiming his sources are the same ones who told him that Winnipeg was getting a hockey team back (FWIW, he also reported it before the Globe and Mail did).

I can live with them being called the Manitoba Jets I suppose. So long as we can chant "GO JETS GO!", I'm fine.
chazeemodo
Junior
And1: 52

Post#25 » by chazeemodo » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:13 pm

www.yourwinnipegjets.com

I hope this is the case!
C Court
RealGM

Post#26 » by C Court » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:54 pm

CeltsfanSinceBirth wrote: Lets hope you're right. The guy who runs the winnipegjetsowner (or whatever it's called) is also reporting that the team will, indeed, be the "JETS"! He's claiming his sources are the same ones who told him that Winnipeg was getting a hockey team back (FWIW, he also reported it before the Globe and Mail did).

I can live with them being called the Manitoba Jets I suppose. So long as we can chant "GO JETS GO!", I'm fine.

Everyone in True North is being very tight lipped right now. But they are dropping some subtle hints which points to the Jets as being the team name. We'll know soon enough.
Parataxis
General Manager
And1: 5,314

Post#27 » by Parataxis » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:05 pm

It's official! (According the The Star, CBC, and the CP). Winnipeg Jets it is. Name to be announced during the 7th pick in the draft today. No logo release yet though.
C Court
RealGM

Post#28 » by C Court » Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:52 pm

Yup. They've been leaning towards the Winnipeg Jets for a few weeks now. It was NEVER going to be the Moose, so that guy on the Thrashers board clearly didn't have a clue.
C Court
RealGM

Post#29 » by C Court » Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:59 am

Parataxis wrote:It's official! (According the The Star, CBC, and the CP). Winnipeg Jets it is. Name to be announced during the 7th pick in the draft today. No logo release yet though.

New logo and new team colors on the way. Rumor is that black will be the main color on the home jersey.

Return to Winnipeg Jets