Game Thread CINCO-DOS: 76ers v. Wizards

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,789

Re: Game Thread CINCO-DOS: 76ers v. Wizards 

Post#21 » by penbeast0 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:55 am

Didn't see this one, just looking at box score. Still no Butler sighting. Shamet had easily the best +/-, Poole the second best fwiw. Tyus scored well and did his normal great job on A/T. I really hope we resign him.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
MOSH
Ballboy
And1: 29

Post#22 » by MOSH » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:11 am

IMO,Tuys is overrated.
He can't play D. He's a good backup point guard, but a stater? I don't think so
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,160

Post#23 » by dckingsfan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:25 pm

The 12 TOs against 11 Assists from Deni, Kuz and Bilal were the killer, IMO. A good part of the reason that they had 100 shots and we had 86.

Not dismissing their games at all but some of those TOs led to some really easy baskets.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,590

Post#24 » by nate33 » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:36 pm

MOSH wrote:IMO,Tuys is overrated.
He can't play D. He's a good backup point guard, but a stater? I don't think so

I don't think Tyus is overrated.

Nobody is out there arguing that Tyus is the ideal starting PG. He is obviously undersized and that impacts his defense. But that said, there are 7-10 teams in worse shape at PG than us, so that makes him a starter in this league. He may well be a below-average starter, but that doesn't mean he is only a backup.

Starters worse than Tyus:
Dinwiddie
Schroeder
Scoot Henderson
Keyonte George
Fultz
Tre Jones
Marcus Smart

Starters roughly equal to Tyus:
Rozier
Conley
VanVleet
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#25 » by tontoz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:36 pm

dckingsfan wrote:The 12 TOs against 11 Assists from Deni, Kuz and Bilal were the killer, IMO. A good part of the reason that they had 100 shots and we had 86.

Not dismissing their games at all but some of those TOs led to some really easy baskets.

I think turnovers are a necessary evil with young guys. Just have to live with it.

Deni is doing a lot more with the ball now and it will take some time for him to do it and take care of the ball. Bilal has some bad ones but it has to be expected somewhat from a teenager.

Turnovers are much harder to accept from vets. One of my favorite players in the league is Steph but his careless turnovers drive me nuts at times. He just throws the ball up for grabs way too often.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,972

Post#26 » by tontoz » Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:38 pm

If we resign Tyus I would be ok with it. He can be a bridge pg for us and might command a first round pick in a trade if he is under contract.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,160

Post#27 » by dckingsfan » Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:46 pm

tontoz wrote:
dckingsfan wrote:The 12 TOs against 11 Assists from Deni, Kuz and Bilal were the killer, IMO. A good part of the reason that they had 100 shots and we had 86.

I think turnovers are a necessary evil with young guys. Just have to live with it.

Deni is doing a lot more with the ball now and it will take some time for him to do it and take care of the ball. Bilal has some bad ones but it has to be expected somewhat from a teenager.

Turnovers are much harder to accept from vets. One of my favorite players in the league is Steph but his careless turnovers drive me nuts at times. He just throws the ball up for grabs way too often.

Yep. I guess it should give us hope. That part of Deni and Bilal's game will improve. Kuz could choose for it to improve as well - if he is willing and has a coach that can lead him to the well (if you will).

Return to Washington Wizards