Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,883

Re: The Washington Commanders Thread 

Post#801 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:14 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=TULI_APP_yUdkEe6_R0A2w&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man
And1: 604

Post#802 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:38 pm

I think most of the UDFA signed could be very good ST players or were special teams standouts in college.

Pollard a smaller DT is quick, agile & aggressive. Good to have a different approach and skill set to change things up. If nothing else it’s good in practice for the OL to have to block someone like him. But I think D Quinn may actually find a role for him here based on what he did in Dallas.

Owens, S It wouldn’t surprise me if he gets converted to LB. Let’s him do what he does best since he hits like a LB anyway.

Rosemy-Jacksaint, WR very good hands. I don’t think he had a drop at Georgia. Will go over the middle. Fun fact he had 6 fingers and toes at birth. Extra fingers were removed. Adopted by his HS coach Jacksaint after his father disappeared and he needed a parent to sign something for college.

I’ll be watching these 3 and the OT, Nwaogwugwu.
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#803 » by Wizardspride » Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=7b4myueUOOiE2bNsFpTgRQ&s=19
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#804 » by gambitx777 » Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:36 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
Not great news for the other 3 QBs in the room. Daniels is here to stay. But Sam. If he's Jayden's buddy. The other 3 ,QBs are on 1 year deals and can all get cut easy.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#805 » by BearlyBallin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:49 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
Not great news for the other 3 QBs in the room. Daniels is here to stay. But Sam. If he's Jayden's buddy. The other 3 ,QBs are on 1 year deals and can all get cut easy.

Jake Fromm is gone I think and Driskel could start his QB coaching career here after cuts. :lol:
Tsze-Kung asked, "Is there one word which may serve as a rule of practice for all one's life?"

The Master said, "Is not Reciprocity such a word? What you do not want done to yourself, do not do to others."
~ Confucius about 500 BC
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#806 » by doclinkin » Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:08 pm

I've checked out on the Commies since the last few years of the Snyder reign, but with new ownership I might be interested. Anyway that means this is my totally knee jerk reflex response, mostly uniformed:

Skinny quick QB who doesn't know how to slide, suspect offensive line to which they added only one pick and one UDFA invite. Not saying we've seen this movie before, but for a team whose Superbowl legacy is credited to their front line dominance, they never seem to learn that lesson. If you want a guy to develop at QB, you need to give him protection so he doesn't learn jittery feet and bad habits. There will always be a revolving door at QB until they build a solid core of big guys up front. Did they upgrade with free agent? I wasn't paying attention. If no then 11th year senior QB Sam Hartman better tape up every game, he's going to see action after they run through everyone else.

Wrong? Right? Educate me.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#807 » by Wizardspride » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:46 am

doclinkin wrote:I've checked out on the Commies since the last few years of the Snyder reign, but with new ownership I might be interested. Anyway that means this is my totally knee jerk reflex response, mostly uniformed:

Skinny quick QB who doesn't know how to slide, suspect offensive line to which they added only one pick and one UDFA invite. Not saying we've seen this movie before, but for a team whose Superbowl legacy is credited to their front line dominance, they never seem to learn that lesson. If you want a guy to develop at QB, you need to give him protection so he doesn't learn jittery feet and bad habits. They'll always be with a revolving door at QB until they build a solid core of big guys up front. Did they upgrade with free agent? I wasn't paying attention. If no then 11th year senior QB Sam Hartman better tape up every game, he's going to see action after they run through everyone else.

They upgraded the interior of the line during free agency but the tackles are suspect......particularly the right tackle imo.

I suspect they are waiting to see if a tackle is released by another team.
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#808 » by Wizardspride » Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:56 am

Read on Twitter
?t=CFJfT2xXWR_aUCjjFE2AeA&s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#809 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:10 am

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=CFJfT2xXWR_aUCjjFE2AeA&s=19

He’s said to be a big trash talker. I think he ran better than expected at his pro day. 4.39 40 yd dash and a 37.5 inch vertical, that’s good for a 6’1” 200 lb Cover CB. Bowl scouts felt he could start by the end of his rookie year. Hope this is true.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Wizardspride
RealGM

Post#810 » by Wizardspride » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:28 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=UyiNqlu8O7BOuYXnRR668Q&s=19
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#811 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:45 pm

Read on Twitter

UDFA signing
Commanders got him after other nfl teams showed interest
Converting to TE

~ Confucius about 500 BC
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#812 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:49 pm

Read on Twitter

Official Announcement from the team

~ Confucius about 500 BC
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 370

Post#813 » by Silvie Lysandra » Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:51 pm

doclinkin wrote:I've checked out on the Commies since the last few years of the Snyder reign, but with new ownership I might be interested. Anyway that means this is my totally knee jerk reflex response, mostly uniformed:

Skinny quick QB who doesn't know how to slide, suspect offensive line to which they added only one pick and one UDFA invite. Not saying we've seen this movie before, but for a team whose Superbowl legacy is credited to their front line dominance, they never seem to learn that lesson. If you want a guy to develop at QB, you need to give him protection so he doesn't learn jittery feet and bad habits. There will always be a revolving door at QB until they build a solid core of big guys up front. Did they upgrade with free agent? I wasn't paying attention. If no then 11th year senior QB Sam Hartman better tape up every game, he's going to see action after they run through everyone else.

Offensive line was imo wrongfully maligned for Sam Howell's struggles (and tends to get ripped every time a QB struggles because many fans don't understand that QB sacks and pocket presence are largely a product of the QB, not of the OL. Howell, Campbell and Ramsey failed because they were fringe QB prospects that struggled to read defenses and get the ball out in rhythm, and thus got sacked, and the fans blamed the OLs for the fact that we never properly invested in the position until RGIII/Cousins (and the fans hated Cousins despite him being the best Redskins/Commanders QB since Theismann at his peak, and Cousins career-wise is quite a bit ahead of JT3)

tl;dr - people who talk about the OL letting down a young QB are generally not only wrong, but they have the problem in reverse.
BearlyBallin
Sixth Man

Post#814 » by BearlyBallin » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:00 pm

Silvie Lysandra wrote:

Offensive line was imo wrongfully maligned for Sam Howell's struggles (and tends to get ripped every time a QB struggles because many fans don't understand that QB sacks and pocket presence are largely a product of the QB, not of the OL. Howell, Campbell and Ramsey failed because they were fringe QB prospects that struggled to read defenses and get the ball out in rhythm, and thus got sacked, and the fans blamed the OLs for the fact that we never properly invested in the position until RGIII/Cousins (and the fans hated Cousins despite him being the best Redskins/Commanders QB since Theismann at his peak, and Cousins career-wise is quite a bit ahead of JT3)

tl;dr - people who talk about the OL letting down a young QB are generally not only wrong, but they have the problem in reverse.

OK but I still hope we sign a FA OT.
I have too many images of Andrew Wylie whiffing his block in my head.

~ Confucius about 500 BC
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,203

Post#815 » by AFM » Mon Apr 29, 2024 7:17 pm

Hartmann is mad handsome. Don't sleep on these pretty boys. Look at Tom Brady
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 107

Post#816 » by W. Unseld » Mon Apr 29, 2024 8:51 pm

Too many positive draft report cards, reminds me of the Sweat draft (though Sweat was obviously good).
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

Post#817 » by badinage » Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:49 pm

BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

UDFA signing
Converting to TE

Colson Yankoff? Seriously? That’s like taking a toasted salt bagel and topping it with Waldorf Salad.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,400

Post#818 » by doclinkin » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:15 am

badinage wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
UDFA signing
Converting to TE

Colson Yankoff?

Yankoff sounds like a far more aggressive version of a handoff. No wonder they want to convert him to a pass catching position. Sounds like it'd hurt.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#819 » by gambitx777 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:20 am

badinage wrote:
BearlyBallin wrote:
Read on Twitter

UDFA signing
Converting to TE

Colson Yankoff? Seriously? That’s like taking a toasted salt bagel and topping it with Waldorf Salad.
Yeah he didn't have a good college career so not sure how he got picked up vs some of the more notible edge UDFA.

TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,924

Post#820 » by TGW » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:17 am

No you're not wrong. I said quite litrally this on the main Commanders site, and made a bunch of people BUTTHURT.

They're not going to be able to keep him upright with this line, which means a lot of RPO, which means your 200 lbs quarterback that struggles to slide is going to get lit up.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.

Return to Washington Wizards