ImageImageImageImageImage

Old Man Injuries, Bio-hacks & Remedies

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

Benjammin
Lead Assistant
And1: 385

Re: Old Man Injuries, Bio-hacks & Remedies 

Post#121 » by Benjammin » Thu May 9, 2024 10:40 pm

With the tiredness it could be Rheumatoid arthritis, which is an autoimmune disease and can cause severe fatigue. I have that but after getting on meds I'm much better. The good thing about RH is there is a blood test that pretty definitively tells you whether you have it or not.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#122 » by bsilver » Fri May 10, 2024 11:37 am

pancakes3 wrote:No diagnoses or remedies here, just commiseration. My right shoulder/elbow/forearm has basically been in a constant state of soreness/inflammation since I took up golf a few months ago. I've iced, i've rested, i bought a massage gun, nothing helps.

Have you seen an orthopedist? I had some similar symptoms a few years ago, although it wasn't related to any specific activity. Turned put it was a pinched nerve in my neck. The same nerve go all the way to your hand.
The orthopedist says there was nothing he could do other than surgery, and I was no where near that point.
Other options are a chiropractor, acupuncture, and massage therapy.
My problem went away in about a year, but it could come back because the underlying problem of stenosis in my spine is still there.
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#123 » by W. Unseld » Mon May 13, 2024 3:26 pm

pancakes3 wrote:No diagnoses or remedies here, just commiseration. My right shoulder/elbow/forearm has basically been in a constant state of soreness/inflammation since I took up golf a few months ago. I've iced, i've rested, i bought a massage gun, nothing helps.

I strongly recommend trying acupuncture. Unlike PT you'll know by the 2nd session if it will do anything for you. It's no where near as painful as it looks and far less painful than dry needling.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,259

Post#124 » by AFM » Mon May 13, 2024 6:12 pm

Serious question here, have you tried smoking weed??
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,651

Post#125 » by pancakes3 » Mon May 13, 2024 8:57 pm

weed puts me to sleep, and it's pain management, i'd like to get to the cause if possible. ibuprofen helps alleviate it too.
Bullets -> Wizards
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#126 » by Dat2U » Tue May 14, 2024 12:59 am

AFM wrote:Serious question here, have you tried smoking weed??

Weed works for everything.
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#127 » by Dat2U » Tue May 14, 2024 1:03 am

My personal biohack: Wear wool or linen fabrics vs polyester, rayon, silk, etc. At least to me the difference is palpable. Organic cotton is okay as well.
AFM
General Manager

Post#128 » by AFM » Tue May 14, 2024 2:13 am

Dat2U wrote:

True, I thought fireball was more your thing though :lol:
Dat2U
RealGM

Post#129 » by Dat2U » Tue May 14, 2024 2:27 am

AFM wrote:
Dat2U wrote:

True, I thought fireball was more your thing though :lol:

I don't often drink, but when I do, I prefer the cinnamon graham cracker of alcohols!
AFM
General Manager

Post#130 » by AFM » Tue May 14, 2024 2:42 am

I don't often drink, but when I do, I accost the CEO of Monumental Entertainment
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,651

Post#131 » by pancakes3 » Tue May 14, 2024 6:27 pm

fireball is a bottom tier gimmick liquor though. gimme firefly, goldschlager, jaeger, hypnotiq...
Bullets -> Wizards
dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,162

Post#132 » by dckingsfan » Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 pm

W. Unseld wrote:Ok, got another one, I know no one is a doc (except maybe doc) but my doc sucks so here goes: About 3-4 months ago I went from needing no days to recover from pickleball and one day to recover from tennis to 3-4 days to recover from either, and even then not fully recovering as well. Any theories? I've ruled out lyme's disease, basically ruled out gout, trying to think of what else it could be, it's part tiredness but serious joint/back pain. Sudden onset of arthritis?

Sounds a bit like long Covid. Have you been exposed recently?

It could also be septic or bacterial arthritis. But if you went to your doc and he did a blood count check on your red and white blood cells, it would have shown signs of inflammation and infection.

One more thing, Lyme's disease can have a false positive and not show up until after several tests.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 112

Post#133 » by W. Unseld » Tue May 14, 2024 8:23 pm

Dat2U wrote:My personal biohack: Wear wool or linen fabrics vs polyester, rayon, silk, etc. At least to me the difference is palpable. Organic cotton is okay as well.

I've heard this before, might have to try it, this wasn't the source i heard it from but interesting:

https://www.zonebylydia.com/blogs/inthezone/the-frequency-of-clothing-what-fabrics-support-your-health#:~:text=Frequencies%20Beyond%20Fabrics-,Dr.,frequencies%2C%20potentially%20draining%20our%20energy.

Also there is always CBD if you don't want to do the pot, to me it only works for a few hours ortho pain but it does seem to help stomach inflammation

Return to Washington Wizards