And1: 2

Post#123 » by kblack » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 am

Very solid win...even with Haywood the Great on the bench! :noway:
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,601

Post#124 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 am

Wizards 22-24 from the line. Atlanta was 12-22. Ballgame.
gowiz999
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#125 » by gowiz999 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:12 am

GREAT WIN WIZ!!! Definitely one of the top wins of the year.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#126 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 am

How do you pick a player of the game for this one.

So many people helped but DS/AD are co MVP in my book
VAWiZKID
Sophomore

Post#127 » by VAWiZKID » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:13 am

"I make buckets son"

-Opec
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#128 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:16 am

Anyone have the 411 on Haywood? Was he hurt? Even Eddie can't bury him that deeply, can he?
In Rizzo we trust
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#129 » by Rafael122 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:21 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Anyone have the 411 on Haywood? Was he hurt? Even Eddie can't bury him that deeply, can he?

I can't wait to read the complaints about Haywood's lack of PT this game. Haywood played like rancid ass tonight, and Blatche was playing very well. There was no reason Brenda should have been in the game tonight.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,151

Post#130 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:22 am

lsbf, I think the Wizards should trade Haywood.

I'm tired of this.

Make a deal with Seattle, get Kurt Thomas and a PG and send Haywood some place else so I don't keep trying to understand why EJ buries the guy. Just get Pecherov in game shape and trade Haywood already.

I'm happy with the win, but nothing will convince me it wouldn't have been easier if Haywood had gotten his game going at the same time as Blatche in the third.

While Blatche was playing his ass off in the third, so were the Hawks, who outscored the Wizards 35-23. Washington won tonight because DeShawn took over defensively down the stretch, while AD, Caron, and Antawn all played well offensively and Blatche was solid down the stretch.

Brendan playing like ass merits 11 mins of play? BS. That creates tension in the lockerroom when a guy who's 21 and has played like crap the past 15 games gets to play down the stretch. EJ doesn't have the balls to pull Jamison or Butler or Arenas down the stretch but he buries Haywood with the quickness.

People who just don't get it or who don't like Haywood are oh too quick to criticize me for saying Haywood should play 30 minutes, but to be honest I just said what I believe. You just don't get it. Honestly, IF BTH HAD JUST PLAYED 12 MINUTES TONIGHT, (coming in for defense down the stretch) I WOULD HAVE BEEN PLEASED WITH THE FACT EJ DIDN"T RETURN TO FORM.

I'm sick of talking about BTH/EJ.

Trade Haywood.
Bye bye Beal.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#131 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:22 am

Not a day to complain about Haywood guys.

EJ pulled him early in the 1st quarter because he picked up two quick fouls. Blatche came in and played well so EJ rode Blatche for the remainder of the half. Nothing wrong there.

Haywood came in in the third and was still invisible. He did nothing except get that opportunistic offensive board that fell right to him as he was running to get back on D. EJ again went to Blatche early and Blatche again played well. Blatche was a little gassed near the end, but most coaches just stick with the same 5 players during OT games. You just go with the guys who have a feel for the game.

I can't see anything EJ did wrong with the rotations.

Haywood ended up with 2 points, 2 boards, 1 block, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 10 minutes. It just wasn't his night. No biggie. He'll be fresh tomorrow and hopefully he'll redeem himself.
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#132 » by hands11 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:24 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Anyone have the 411 on Haywood? Was he hurt? Even Eddie can't bury him that deeply, can he?

I think ATL was just to quick and AB was doing well so he road him. It was so tight the whole game I don't think he found an opportunity to get the big guy lathered up again after he sat with 2 fouls in the first.

I just re-upped my annual EJ sucks dues so consider the source. I wouldn't even bash EJ on that one. EJ did a good job this game.

They seemed like they had more scoring talent, were more athletic and we were holding on by a thread, but we won and we did it with DEFENSE.

DS with 2 big blocks.

It will be real nice when we have more scoring options such as NY and the bigs get in sync so we can play them AB/OP, OP/BH. BH, AB

Its going to take some time to get that working though.
80sballboy
RealGM
And1: 5,662

Post#133 » by 80sballboy » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:30 am

Good one and great game by Stevenson. We forget sometimes how important he is defensively, because of his erratic offense. This was a must win because with this OT game, I don't we have a shot against Boston.

Jamison plays 49 minutes, Butler plays 46, Daniels 48 and Stevenson with 40. Other than Blatche and Mason, the bench hardly played.

I don't think Haywood played because Atlanta went small all night.
RealGM

Post#134 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 am

I'm not complaining about Haywood as much as I'm getting pissed that just saying you want Haywood in the game gets this crap started.

Today was a peculiar, atypical game when the Wizards perimeter defenders played like their lives were on the line if they lost. DeShawn, AD, Caron, Antawn--all played their butts off.

I'm mentioning a subtle thing: DON"T PISS OFF HAYWOOD WHEN HE CAN CONTRIBUTE.

That is all I'm saying. Radically changing a guy's minutes, not using him at all defensively when ATL is getting points in the paint, and then luckily having DeShawn save sure dunks is FOOLS GOLD.

I invite anybody who's buzz I'm killing to put me on ignore BTW.

I know what I'm talking about. Not backing down. I'm HAPPY they won, but sticking to my point.
Bye bye Beal.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#135 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:35 am

Yay Zards! Pulled off another road win! YAYYYYYYYYYYYY!

And Pecherov is now officially NO LONGER TWO WEEKS AWAY! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#136 » by nate33 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:37 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:I'm mentioning a subtle thing: DON"T PISS OFF HAYWOOD WHEN HE CAN CONTRIBUTE.

That is all I'm saying.

I really don't think Haywood was pissed off tonight. He's a grownup. He could see that Blatche was playing fine and he knew he didn't have a good game.

Haywood seemed to be enthusiastically cheering his teammates every time the camera panned over to the bench. I don't think he had a problem with EJ's rotation decisions at all.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#137 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:38 am

LET'S CELEBRATE GUYS! CMON, JOIN HANDS!!!!

havah nagilah, havah nagilah, havah nagilah
venis'mecha!!!!!!!!!!!
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#138 » by dandridge 10 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:40 am

I think Haywood deserves more minutes, but not in this game. Atlanta was trying to make this a track meet and Blatche rather than Haywood fit that game much better. I have no problem with E.J.'s rotations tonight.

I actually still can't believe we won the game. I was gettin' pretty pissed in the 3rd quarter when the Hawks kept beating us down the court, but the Wiz pulled it together in the 4th. Stevensen and Blatche were the difference in the game with their defense and hustle.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,827

Post#139 » by Rafael122 » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:42 am

It has nothing to do with Atlanta playing small, it's the fact that Haywood did absolutely nothing tonight. OPEC made more contributions in the small minutes he played than Haywood did.

Blatche had 5 blocks. 5! And he had 8 boards to go along with what...13 points? You don't sit a guy like that unless its to take a 30 second breather or because of injury. You play the people who are playing well.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
RealGM

Post#140 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:45 am

dandridge 10 wrote:I think Haywood deserves more minutes, but not in this game. Atlanta was trying to make this a track meet and Blatche rather than Haywood fit that game much better. I have no problem with E.J.'s rotations tonight.

I actually still can't believe we won the game. I was gettin' pretty pissed in the 3rd quarter when the Hawks kept beating us down the court, but the Wiz pulled it together in the 4th. Stevensen and Blatche were the difference in the game with their defense and hustle.

Blatche was in the game in the third, dandridge. I think Haywood's faster than Andray.

I won't argue that Andray was just a better fit tonight, but I just wonder how bad the third would have been with Brendan in there WITH Andray.

In the first half they scored just 33 points. I missed ATLs first 14 points of the third (kids), but the last 6 mins of the third it was a track meet and layup drill with Andray in the game. (I don't know how bad Brendan played to start the third, but I believe he DNP)
Bye bye Beal.

Return to Washington Wizards