LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Re: LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman 

Post#1381 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 2:52 am

sfam wrote:
Hoopalotta wrote:I'm seriously depressed about this, the worst of all possible outcomes. Even Blatche might be too old to be on a contending Wizards team after this.

Voltron has been formed at our very doorstep. :cry:

I bet they all have opt-outs after 3 years or so. Honestly, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them disband after 3 years or so. Maybe that's LeBron's redemption plan - go back to Cleveland in later years to try to win a championship after the team clears out all their bad contracts.

You mean all the bad contracts he insisted they sign/acquire? Like he insisted they fire the GM for building an insufficient supporting cast while doing his bidding? Like he insisted they fire the coach? And hire a hand-picked replacement (NBA experience, etc.)? Only to leave Byron Scott at the altar after he (Scott) gave up on the chance at his dream job, the Lakers...

He's a punk, plain and simple. Just glad the rest of the country gets to see it too. And everyone will be rooting against the cHeat for the next 5 years. Well, everyone but the frontrunners, that is. At least LeBron will feel at home with his new fans.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant
And1: 3

Post#1382 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 9, 2010 2:59 am

Ok, despite my decided depression over this whole thing, I liked this one....

KevinDing Joint statement released from Tom Izzo and Brian Shaw: "Hey, Byron ... Sucka!"
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 35

Post#1383 » by Spence » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:05 am

I'm not depressed about this at all. The future is an undiscovered country, as Shakespeare had it. Who the hell knows what is going to happen over the next few seasons? Surely the Heat will win a lot of games, but winning championships isn't easy and we'll see how things mesh in South Beach and whether or not everyone stays healthy.

I look forward to seeing how the Wizards and other teams match up against the Heat. At least Miami will be able to fill their gym most nights now.
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#1384 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:05 am

This just reaffirms my belief that the Wizards need to go ALL IN to get Carmelo Anthony in the 2011 offseason. Get that 6-8th seed, show that you are a promising young team that needs a little extra push.

PG - Wall/Hinrich
SG - Arenas/Hinrich
SF - Carmelo/ Thorton?
PF - Blatche/Booker or Seraphan
C - Perkins?/ McGee

...is a Championship contender. But will the Wizards have room with Hinrich's contract on the books to get Melo? What about room to get Perkins while retaining Thorton and McGee? Who knows with the new CBA on the horizon. It makes the Hinrich trade look a lot worse in my mind.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#1385 » by willbcocks » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:08 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:
20MexicanosIn1Van wrote:Man, I was so excited for the upcoming season with John Wall show casing his stuff and to see how this team will grow into hopefully a championship contender. It just feels kind of pointless now with the Heat having 2 of the top 5 players in the game and a top 3 PF in the game.

Basically how I feel. If Melo and Paul go to NYC next season somehow, I'm done with the NBA. The league has already insulted my intelligence enough.

Melo and Paul ain't going to NY next year. NY won't have anywhere near the cap space to sign them, and won:t have trade assets to create that space. And the new CBA is coming.
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,716

Post#1386 » by montestewart » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:10 am

Spence wrote:I'm not depressed about this at all. The future is an undiscovered country, as Shakespeare had it. Who the hell knows what is going to happen over the next few seasons? Surely the Heat will win a lot of games, but winning championships isn't easy and we'll see how things mesh in South Beach and whether or not everyone stays healthy.

I look forward to seeing how the Wizards and other teams match up against the Heat. At least Miami will be able to fill their gym most nights now.

Co-sign, if I may. For no clear reason, I'm suddenly more excited about the Wizards future.

I'm still allowed to rant about what a d**k LeBJ is, aren't I?
ErikChowbay023
Junior

Post#1387 » by ErikChowbay023 » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:11 am

NBA players today arent real competitors. They rather be like corporations in America.All join together and kill off the competition. It would have been better if LeBron, Wade, Bosh were to compete against each other to win a championship.. If they win a championship..its not as sweet...

Jordan,Bird,Magic, Barkley, Olajuwon etc etc... would never do that.. Players these days have no killer instinct.. They are all to nice to each other..
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant

Post#1388 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:11 am

Dang, you guys remember TheOUTLAW from the Cavs board?

This is his avatar right now:

If he's turned against 23/6, I guess you can figure out how the rest of the Cleveland fans feel about him.
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#1389 » by willbcocks » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:13 am

I also don't see why this should change our strategy. We are rebuilding. It is the perfect time to be rebuilding. Let us rebuild. REBUILD!
Ed Wood
Sixth Man
And1: 265

Post#1390 » by Ed Wood » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:18 am

Severn Hoos wrote:Dang, you guys remember TheOUTLAW from the Cavs board?

If he's turned against 23/6, I guess you can figure out how the rest of the Cleveland fans feel about him.

He should have kept his moderator status so he could create a Lebron James account and then ban it.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

Post#1391 » by Tyrone Messby » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:21 am

DAMON JONES=The 4th horseman. You know it's going to happen.
Ji
Banned User
And1: 4

Post#1392 » by Ji » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:22 am

in about a week, ill probably never visit the Cavs Real GM board again?
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#1393 » by P'Oed » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:24 am

Severn Hoos wrote:Dang, you guys remember TheOUTLAW from the Cavs board?

Unacceptable avatar behavior. He's been warned.
P'Oed
Rookie

Post#1394 » by P'Oed » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:27 am

hey....we've had our lowest of lows too. This year hasn't exactly been the best for us either. I don't feel badly for anyone. Just makes me feel good to know that we were pretty much the first group of fans that saw through that whole douchey facade.
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1395 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:28 am

I'm generally pretty optimistic, but I don't see how anyone can see this as being anything other than a total disaster.

Sure, something could go wrong for them, but we're hoping for cheap outs based on peripheral issues. Those guys are just going to crush on the court for five years or so unless someone blows their ACL. As a general rule, when you're considering injuries as a possible trump card, its not a good sign. Sorry, but this is horrible news.

As to "really" rebuilding, yes, I'm leaning towards bottoming out completely now as we can't kid ourselves about the long term impact here. Almost any other result would have been acceptable, but this is just too much. 2 top five players and a top 3 PF on one team? Wade is simply a sick closer as well, being just about the best in the world.
DallasShalDune
Bench Warmer
And1: 1

Post#1396 » by DallasShalDune » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:28 am

I'm not afraid of this team. Even if they dominate for the next 10 years, it'll be partially cool to see such a dominant team, while simultaneously depressing.

The other option, if they do not dominate, is for them to epically and hilariously fail.

In reality, I'm cool with either scenarios, regardless of my hate of LeBron.
cdouglas
Veteran

Post#1397 » by cdouglas » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:29 am

HEY CLEVELAND!!! :wave: :rocking:
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant

Post#1398 » by Severn Hoos » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:31 am

WOW - Did you see the open letter from the Cavs' owner? Looks like there's another Gilbert I can feel good rooting for...

Dan Gilbert wrote:Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

I thought this was a hoax at first, but it looks to be genuine.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

That's some real and very raw emotion right there. I can't wait to see the first cHeat game in Cleveland!
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,502

Post#1399 » by mhd » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:31 am

I'd rather have OKC than Miami right now. Russell Westbrook is 21, and unguardable. Durant is better than Lebron and Wade. Harden is a better role player than anything Miami can muster. Ibaka is a BETTER FIT than Bosh is. Ibaka does all the dirty work. Bosh has never been accused of doing the dirty work. Aldrich is going to be another good one. Jeff Green is the ultimate glue guy.

Plus, OKC can trade Kristic and Collison for upgrades if need be (as well as Mo Peete).
Hoopalotta
Lead Assistant

Post#1400 » by Hoopalotta » Fri Jul 9, 2010 3:35 am

Severn Hoos wrote:WOW - Did you see the open letter from the Cavs' owner? Looks like there's another Gilbert I can feel good rooting for...

Yeah, I was just about to post that thing, it's definitely real as it's right on the Cavaliers webpage:

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbe ... 00708.html

I can sympathize with the position and actually much prefer it to some bland corp-shlock like I would have expected.

Yup, great villainy. It fits well that the HEAT have amongst the best 'bad guy' jersey's in the NBA.

Edit --> Oh, this is nice, from Windhorst on said letter;

PDcavsinsider Trust me from as who's dealt with Gilbert, I can only imagine what the first draft looked like. This was probably PR team's compromise.

Return to Washington Wizards