Re: GT Double Five: Wizards @ Nuggets 

Post#22 » by nir2610 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:51 am

4 TO in 1:30 min lol
smoothSeph
Pro Prospect
And1: 529

Post#23 » by smoothSeph » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:54 am

One of the worst games I've ever watched. How does a team already so bad come out of all star break lethargic?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Post#24 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:55 am

I mean this was a loss going in but it's also a schedule loss too. Tough getting Denver for your first game back after the All-Star break, especially since they struggled going into the break so you knew they'd be looking for blood.

I mean Jokic in 28 minutes was nearly perfect from the field with 1 missed free throw for 17 points (8-8 fg), 19 rebounds, and 13 assists.
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:00 am

We still going to roll with all of Poole, Bilal, Kispert (a combined 9-32) down the stretch over Deni? Again not his best game, but why is he always the odd man out?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,597

Post#26 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:17 am

Welp, so much for the Denissance. 5 points on 2/11 shooting.

Why can't we have nice things?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,597

Post#27 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:21 am

I think it was a mistake to start Bilal. He is a self-check on offense at this point. He makes offense so much harder for everyone else because his man packs the paint. Also, it makes sense to stagger him and Deni since you always want one of those guys on the floor to defend the opposition's best wing.

I appreciate that they didn't start Poole, but I just don't understand why they won't start Kispert. He is easily the best fit as the 5th starter.
Pistol King
Junior
And1: 459

Post#28 » by Pistol King » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:25 am

You could tell he was off from the first minute on the court. His body language was extremely passive.

I hoped we have passed the days when he is having such games.

I do wonder what was the difference between the way he got prepared (by himself and by the coaching stuff) mentally to this game compared to the previews ones.
DusterBuster
RealGM
And1: 19,051

Post#29 » by DusterBuster » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:41 am

Legit curious non-troll question. From Wiz fans perspective, is Poole really as bad as all the weekly low-light clips that get posted on Twitter?
Devilzsidewalk wrote:DB is like the ultimate Wolves troll
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#30 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Feb 23, 2024 4:58 am

DusterBuster wrote:Legit curious non-troll question. From Wiz fans perspective, is Poole really as bad as all the weekly low-light clips that get posted on Twitter?

Very possibly worse. I’ve never seen an NBA player try less.
In Rizzo we trust
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#31 » by 9 and 20 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:31 am

Poole's general trash play is occasionally highlighted by the spectacular trash play which makes the highlight clips. He's way worse than what those clips show.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:21 pm

nate33 wrote:Welp, so much for the Denissance. 5 points on 2/11 shooting.

Why can't we have nice things?

I just watched his plays for the game, obviously a piss poor night from the field, but I'm not worried.

Aside from two of his shots getting blocked, he got to where he wanted, just missed a ton of bunnies most notably a point blank finger roll and then that dunk late in the game. Obviously you don't like the missed bunnies from him, but maybe a combination of in-game rust and maybe going a little too hard in practice during the break. Also had a half court heave.

He has two phantom misses that the box score counted. One I think was a tip, but then they called an over the back loose ball, so not sure how they went about marking that down. The other, miss, I couldn't place it in what I watched.

With that said, he can do better, I think he will.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,566

Post#33 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 5:44 pm

nate33 wrote:I think it was a mistake to start Bilal. He is a self-check on offense at this point. He makes offense so much harder for everyone else because his man packs the paint. Also, it makes sense to stagger him and Deni since you always want one of those guys on the floor to defend the opposition's best wing.

I appreciate that they didn't start Poole, but I just don't understand why they won't start Kispert. He is easily the best fit as the 5th starter.

The FO is messing-up the kids development by throwing him out-there to flounder around on offense when he comes to the table with no offensive bag, what’s the rush?
CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Fri Feb 23, 2024 6:19 pm

closg00 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I think it was a mistake to start Bilal. He is a self-check on offense at this point. He makes offense so much harder for everyone else because his man packs the paint. Also, it makes sense to stagger him and Deni since you always want one of those guys on the floor to defend the opposition's best wing.

The FO is messing-up the kids development by throwing him out-there to flounder around on offense when he comes to the table with no offensive bag, what’s the rush?

Agreed. As big of a fan of putting defenders out there, Bilal just isn't ready to start. I also think they are force feeding him too many minutes get him to play a focused, game-planned 22-24 minutes a game then up it as he start showing some strides.

Kispert should indeed get the nod.
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,790

Post#35 » by penbeast0 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 8:30 pm

I understand it. WIth Deni having been scoring, Kuz coming back, and Bagley also being generally offensively focused, you didn't need another scorer like Kispert who needs touches so you put in Coulibaly for defense and bring in Poole and Kispert when Kuz and Deni rest.

Didn't work obviously but it makes sense.
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.

Return to Washington Wizards