ImageImageImageImageImage

Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

Twinkie defense
RealGM
And1: 1,094

Re: Jump into the Poole Party: The Official Jordan Poole Thread 

Post#201 » by Twinkie defense » Fri Nov 3, 2023 11:39 pm

VaDe255 wrote:This is going to look like a really silly trade for GSW. They paid to give the Wizards a young all star level talent scorer.

Warriors fan here. Glad you like Jordan Poole. Probably best for him to get a change of scenery. For most Warriors fans I think we're really happy how the team has been playing with CP3. He's really added a steady veteran hand and has shored up a glaring weak spot - the non-Curry minutes are now a strength for the team. No doubt it is a short-term rental but when you got Curry, Draymond and Klay getting past their primes it's really all about winning now. So I don't think the trade will look silly for the Warriors, but hopefully it can be a win/win for both teams.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#202 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Sat Nov 4, 2023 1:51 am

Twinkie defense wrote:
VaDe255 wrote:This is going to look like a really silly trade for GSW. They paid to give the Wizards a young all star level talent scorer.

Warriors fan here. Glad you like Jordan Poole. Probably best for him to get a change of scenery. For most Warriors fans I think we're really happy how the team has been playing with CP3. He's really added a steady veteran hand and has shored up a glaring weak spot - the non-Curry minutes are now a strength for the team. No doubt it is a short-term rental but when you got Curry, Draymond and Klay getting past their primes it's really all about winning now. So I don't think the trade will look silly for the Warriors, but hopefully it can be a win/win for both teams.

Not sure many of us are liking Poole. He hits some amazing shots ... but is a terrible basketball player. No defense, plays out of the team's rhythm, body language sucks. I really think he looks drunk out there.
In Rizzo we trust
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,740

Post#203 » by gambitx777 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:33 pm

I think the Poole hate is a bit like the kuz hate last year a bit warranted but definitely overblown.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,970

Post#204 » by TGW » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:58 am

gambitx777 wrote:I think the Poole hate is a bit like the kuz hate last year a bit warranted but definitely overblown.

It's not overblown. He has sucked for the better part of 2023.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#205 » by dobrojim » Mon Nov 6, 2023 1:39 pm

We are (almost) the worst team in the league. Many here feel that achievement
is a high (the top?) priority for this season. Poole has been among the worst players in
the league so he is helping with that priority. sarcasm on - so I don't understand
why this is a problem - sarcasm off.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
montestewart
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 7,712

Post#206 » by montestewart » Mon Nov 6, 2023 4:46 pm

dobrojim wrote:We are (almost) the worst team in the league. Many here feel that achievement
is a high (the top?) priority for this season. Poole has been among the worst players in
the league so he is helping with that priority. sarcasm on - so I don't understand

If you look at the predictions for the season, it doesn’t seem like anyone expected all that much from Poole.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,364

Post#207 » by Kanyewest » Tue Nov 7, 2023 5:04 am

montestewart wrote:
dobrojim wrote:We are (almost) the worst team in the league. Many here feel that achievement

If you look at the predictions for the season, it doesn’t seem like anyone expected all that much from Poole.

There were just a couple of days when a couple people were going crazy after the Knicks preseason game. Most people didn't buy into the hype here though just because we're Wizards fans who know how to keep our expectations low.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,601

Post#208 » by nate33 » Tue Nov 7, 2023 1:28 pm

montestewart wrote:

I expected a few more "ups" in an a very up and down season. I figured he'd have had a game like the Knicks preseason game by now where he scored 40 and won us the game. I fully expected several bad games too.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,956

Post#209 » by payitforward » Tue Nov 7, 2023 2:09 pm

Again, he's only played @170 minutes. Don't want to draw any conclusions about his play.

A few signs of humility from him would be helpful. "I know people are counting on me; I've got to get better." Something like that.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#210 » by gambitx777 » Wed Nov 8, 2023 11:26 am

I thinkg JP has a chance to have a good season I think he needed to settle in. Like the first couple weeks at college when you drink too much and **** to many unattractive sorority girls named Ashley and Courtney.

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,566

Post#211 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 9, 2023 7:53 pm

This is an AM Hoops video on Poole/Wiseman, dunno why it is age restricted :crazy:
willbcocks
Analyst
And1: 143

Post#212 » by willbcocks » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:31 am

Poole is terrible, even worse than expected. And I hated the trade and had low expectations in the first place.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#213 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 9:53 am

willbcocks wrote:Poole is terrible, even worse than expected. And I hated the trade and had low expectations in the first place.
We have to remember it's the best we could do with Beal **** us .

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#214 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
willbcocks wrote:Poole is terrible, even worse than expected. And I hated the trade and had low expectations in the first place.

What did Beal do wrong?

He tried to get paid as much money as he could. It's not his fault that our stupid management agreed to such a monstrous contract with a no trade clause. I don't blame Beal at all and wish him well.
Hidden Eye
Pro Prospect
And1: 370

Post#215 » by Hidden Eye » Fri Nov 10, 2023 1:51 pm

gambitx777 wrote:

Can't expect much this early on, it's obvious he's not ready to carry all the heavy weight. He came from GS who covered his weaknesses now to starting and expecting big results. Kuz got here and didn't play like he is now. It will take time for him to adjust. I'd like to see his assist go up.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,013

Post#216 » by DCZards » Fri Nov 10, 2023 2:24 pm

Hidden Eye wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

Can't expect much this early on, it's obvious he's not ready to carry all the heavy weight. He came from GS who covered his weaknesses now to starting and expecting big results. Kuz got here and didn't play like he is now. It will take time for him to adjust. I'd like to see his assist go up.

This is sorta where I am with Poole. He’s in a bit over his head at this point…and he’s going to be the last one to realize it. It's good that Unseld Jr has cutback on Poole’s minutes in a couple of games and stuck with backups who were playing better.

Selfish play simply can’t be tolerated.

I did see some better decision making by Jordan that last game…leading to a couple of hockey assists.

I don’t have much hope for significant improvement on D….but he has to at least make an effort to defend.
gambitx777
General Manager

Post#217 » by gambitx777 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:21 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:

What did Beal do wrong?

He tried to get paid as much money as he could. It's not his fault that our stupid management agreed to such a monstrous contract with a no trade clause. I don't blame Beal at all and wish him well.
I hope beal gets poison Ivy on his ball sack.

Naw I hate that line he wanted to get his money. He had his money. Yes the team gave it to him. In good faith. He flat out committed collision. His agent And his guys forced his way to the suns for absolutely nothing and **** the team that gave him everything. That makes him a piece of dog **** in my Opinion. It wasn't about money he had that. It wasn't about winning that teams a mess. It was about his selfish ego. **** That guy.

nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#218 » by nate33 » Fri Nov 10, 2023 4:30 pm

gambitx777 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:We have to remember it's the best we could do with Beal **** us .

What did Beal do wrong?

Naw I hate that line he wanted to get his money. He had his money. Yes the team gave it to him. In good faith. He flat out committed collision. His agent And his guys forced his way to the suns for absolutely nothing and **** the team that gave him everything. That makes him a piece of dog **** in my Opinion. It wasn't about money he had that. It wasn't about winning that teams a mess. It was about his selfish ego. **** That guy.

We weren't going to get much for him no matter if he forced himself to Phoenix or not. Nobody wanted to pay a non-All-Star $50M a year to miss 25 games a season. We were fortunate to get what we got.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,013

Post#219 » by DCZards » Fri Nov 10, 2023 5:01 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:
nate33 wrote:What did Beal do wrong?

We weren't going to get much for him no matter if he forced himself to Phoenix or not. Nobody wanted to pay a non-All-Star $50M a year to miss 25 games a season. We were fortunate to get what we got.

….and, since the Zards new FO pretty much told Beal that it was time for him to move on, they get some of the blame--or credit--for what we got for BB. It's not just on Beal.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,975

Post#220 » by tontoz » Fri Nov 10, 2023 6:31 pm

Gambitx it is a little early to be drinking :lol: please put the bottle down, step outside and get some air.

The ONLY reason Beal got traded is because Tommy got fired. If Tommy doesn't get fired there is no question that Beal would still be here.

I am not a huge Beal fan but i fail to see anything he did wrong in regards to his contract and trade.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards