ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part IV

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

JAR69
Senior
And1: 226

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#41 » by JAR69 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:19 pm

I don't know anything about the injury, surgery, or likelihood of full recovery. It is probably very high. But if I were Beal and his agent, I would be very tempted to take the guaranteed $180 million that presumably is still on the table right now.
"It takes talent, strategy and millions of dollars to compete in the N.B.A. But regret is the league’s greatest currency." - Howard Beck
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,208

Post#42 » by Dat2U » Tue Feb 8, 2022 10:31 pm

JAR69 wrote:I don't know anything about the injury, surgery, or likelihood of full recovery. It is probably very high. But if I were Beal and his agent, I would be very tempted to take the guaranteed $180 million that presumably is still on the table right now.

Why would he when the Wizards want to give him every penny he can get and already promised it?

Then he can ask out a year later when were still irrelevant.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,573

Post#43 » by closg00 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:09 pm

The Wizards are fools, Beal is in an incredibly weakened position now and in no position to demand Super Max money, this is the perfect opportunity to move-on from Beal.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 865

Post#44 » by 9 and 20 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:19 pm

Beal saw what Tommy and the Terd were putting out on the court and once he knew Sabonis was going somewhere else, Beal said, 'yeah, I'm good,' and decided to go ahead with the surgery.

Whether he leaves for nothing (or basically nothing) in the offseason or he signs for a quarter billion dollars - either ending is hilariously bad given all the other options that were available at one point.

This Terd of a franchise never ceases to amaze.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#45 » by FAH1223 » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:22 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
SUPERBALLMAN
Assistant Coach
And1: 934

Post#46 » by SUPERBALLMAN » Tue Feb 8, 2022 11:58 pm

Dat2U wrote:
JAR69 wrote:I don't know anything about the injury, surgery, or likelihood of full recovery. It is probably very high. But if I were Beal and his agent, I would be very tempted to take the guaranteed $180 million that presumably is still on the table right now.

Why would he when the Wizards want to give him every penny he can get and already promised it?

Then he can ask out a year later when were still irrelevant.

The irony is Beal hurt his wrist because he didn't run up court on offense with the rest of his team, staying back to pout.

Then he was left all alone on that end to defend a fast break after a steal, and his poor effort got him run into.

And Mark it down, Wizards are gonna make him the highest paid player in the history of the league this offseason.
"I love it when a plan comes together" - Colonel John "Hannibal" Smith
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 480

Post#47 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 9, 2022 12:59 am

This "decision" by Beal looks all too similar to college athletes shutting it down for the season before entering the draft or entering the transfer portal. I saw it first hand with LSU's two starting DB's shutting it down this season midway through. I personally think he's a coward and I hope we trade him. We CANNOT extend him.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 7,004

Post#48 » by FAH1223 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:10 am

Reiter on CBS and Woj on ESPN talk about how Beal is highly valued.

Don’t think a team pursuing cares about him on the 4 year $180M max
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:22 am

The more I think about it, the more this decision pisses me off. He's such a loser and has done nothing to help this franchise.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,968

Post#50 » by Frichuela » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:26 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#51 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:28 am

Let him walk. This is the most Wizards thing ever. :lol:
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,968

Post#52 » by Frichuela » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:30 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:The more I think about it, the more this decision pisses me off. He's such a loser and has done nothing to help this franchise.

100%. Just read the comments on Twitter, this fan base has soared on Beal and want him gone. And rightfully so!
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,682

Post#53 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:32 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:This "decision" by Beal looks all too similar to college athletes shutting it down for the season before entering the draft or entering the transfer portal. I saw it first hand with LSU's two starting DB's shutting it down this season midway through. I personally think he's a coward and I hope we trade him. We CANNOT extend him.

GTFO with that BS. Or at least go say it to his face.

Beal may have flaws, but calling him a coward because he got injured has to be one of the worst takes I've seen on this board. You can want the team to trade him without making up reasons to disparage the man.
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#54 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:35 am

nate33 wrote:
Tyrone Messby wrote:This "decision" by Beal looks all too similar to college athletes shutting it down for the season before entering the draft or entering the transfer portal. I saw it first hand with LSU's two starting DB's shutting it down this season midway through. I personally think he's a coward and I hope we trade him. We CANNOT extend him.

Beal may have flaws, but calling him a coward because he got injured has to be one of the worst takes I've seen on this board. You can want the team to trade him without making up reasons to disparage the man.

Kamiah, is that you?

Beal doesn't even know who you are. Why are you sticking up for this clown? He's holding our franchise hostage with his constant back and forth. How can you not see through this? He doesn't want to be associated with this joke of a season and would rather shy away into the shadows until the summer.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,033

Post#55 » by DCZards » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:41 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:The more I think about it, the more this decision pisses me off. He's such a loser and has done nothing to help this franchise.

The guy is injured and you're "pissed off" and calling him a loser and coward for opting for surgery. I'm sure Beal can't wait to be cut and operated on.

Please go back under your rock.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,682

Post#56 » by nate33 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:45 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:
nate33 wrote:

Kamiah, is that you?

Beal doesn't even know who you are. Why are you sticking up for this clown? He's holding our franchise hostage with his constant back and forth. How can you not see through this? He doesn't want to be associated with this joke of a season and would rather shy away into the shadows until the summer.

I'm sticking up for a guy who has busted his butt every offseason to get better and better. The guy was still making steady improvement in his 8th and 9th season. Alas, it looks like he has finally plateaued and declined a bit. It happens with age and wear-and-tear. But I don't think it's due to lack of hard work.

Like I said, Beal has flaws. I think he has been "the man" on this team for too long and has been spoiled by management kissing his ass too much, which has allowed him to get lazy on D and waste too much time arguing with refs. That's on him. But I'm not going to get mad at him for trying to make as much money as he can. And I'm certainly not going to bash him for getting hurt. Do you really expect him to play through a bad wrist injury on a hopeless team when he is an impending free agent? What player would do that?
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:58 am

I probably went a bit overboard with the coward comment I'll admit and can certainly understand him protecting himself, but I'm just extremely frustrated with all parties involved here. Our front office should've moved him a lot earlier and now we're going to be stuck with the worst case scenario with this guy. It hasn't helped that he is like a teenager when it comes to going back and forth on his desire to be here with the media. I'm just tired of it all and we all knew it was going to come down to some terrible scenario like this. The sooner we move on from him and Shep, the better. This franchise is truly cursed.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 865

Post#58 » by 9 and 20 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 1:59 am

nate33 wrote:
Tyrone Messby wrote:
nate33 wrote:GTFO with that BS. Or at least go say it to his face.

Kamiah, is that you?

I'm sticking up for a guy who has busted his butt every offseason to get better and better. The guy was still making steady improvement in his 8th and 9th season. Alas, it looks like he has finally plateaued and declined a bit. It happens with age and wear-and-tear. But I don't think it's due to lack of hard work.

Like I said, Beal has flaws. I think he has been "the man" on this team for too long and has been spoiled by management kissing his ass too much, which has allowed him to get lazy on D and waste too much time arguing with refs. That's on him. But I'm not going to get mad at him for trying to make as much money as he can. And I'm certainly not going to bash him for getting hurt. Do you really expect him to play through a bad wrist injury on a hopeless team when he is an impending free agent? What player would do that?

This makes sense to me. If there's anyone to be mad at, it's the Zards. Same-ish thing happened not too long ago with Bertans. Also looking out for his own long term financial well being, as anyone would do, he sat out a good chunk of the year and stayed out of the COVID bubble completely a couple of years ago, right before he was a free agent. Then, he signed the paper Uncle Terd was waving in front of his face. Ever since, Bert has been smearing poo all over the floor of the Captial Verizon MCI One Center. Can't be mad at Bert for looking out for Bert.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,990

Post#59 » by payitforward » Wed Feb 9, 2022 2:14 am

Tyrone Messby wrote:I probably went a bit overboard with the coward comment I'll admit and can certainly understand him protecting himself, but I'm just extremely frustrated with all parties involved here. Our front office should've moved him a lot earlier and now we're going to be stuck with the worst case scenario with this guy. It hasn't helped that he is like a teenager when it comes to going back and forth on his desire to be here with the media. I'm just tired of it all and we all knew it was going to come down to some terrible scenario like this. The sooner we move on from him and Shep, the better. This franchise is truly cursed.

Anyone can go overboard & write something mean-spirited. Few will check in, cop to it, & take it back -- you are to be commended for doing it! Good man!

As to "extremely frustrated," "tired of it" & "truly cursed," such is the fate of the Wizards fan, alas!! :)
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#60 » by trast66 » Wed Feb 9, 2022 2:15 am

I’m sure if we were in contention would have tried to come back later in season. Beal has led the L in total minutes, he’s been an iron horse since early career stress injury in his right fibula.

I think he’s played his last game for us, just a question of what we get for him.

Return to Washington Wizards