ImageImageImageImageImage

Corey Kispert, Wizards Sniper.

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Re: Corey Kispert, Wizards Sniper. 

Post#81 » by queridiculo » Wed Aug 11, 2021 3:18 pm

AFM wrote:He's dethroned Kelly Oubre as the sexiest Wizards player ever IMO.

I don't know, every time I see him I just want to slap the headband off his head.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,995

Post#82 » by FAH1223 » Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:40 pm

Can't take much away from the first game except he knows how to be in the right spots on offense, his shooting form is great, I liked his hustle on some defensive possessions early, and I wish the Wizards didn't always have a lack of playmaking PGs at Summer League.
9 and 20
Rookie
And1: 863

Post#83 » by 9 and 20 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 11:49 am

A bunch of guys in the Kispert mold have signed for tons of money as free agents. Duncan Robinson just got a truckload from Miami. If Kispert provides that kind of production at the salary of a #15 pick, I'll be happy. He looked not great in that first game, though.
Can't say I do. Who else gonna shoot?
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,995

Post#84 » by FAH1223 » Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:25 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,956

Post#85 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 28, 2021 3:26 pm

Kispert has played 27 minutes. Hasn't looked terrible at all.

He's had a couple of steals & made all of his 2-point attempts & FTAs.

Hasn't even made a 3 yet -- but, he's blocked a shot, had a couple of steals to offset a couple of TOs, & recorded 3 assists.

His total off/on in 27 minutes is +19 (for you who think that measures anything...).

Be nice if we ran some plays to get him 3 pt attempts. Just a few.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,426

Post#86 » by NatP4 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:23 pm

Leads the team in on/off differential in actual meaningful rotation minutes.

I’m not sure why we need to be playing a guy like Holiday over our NBA ready 1st round pick.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,566

Post#87 » by closg00 » Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:10 pm

NatP4 wrote:Leads the team in on/off differential in actual meaningful rotation minutes.

I’m not sure why we need to be playing a guy like Holiday over our NBA ready 1st round pick.

Holiday gave us some critical buckets last night with those money floaters. However, Corey is looking better and better on the eyeball test, I think he can better than Beal for us at times :P
Godymas
Veteran
And1: 2,392

Post#88 » by Godymas » Fri Oct 29, 2021 1:14 pm

he's been great on defense, I was shocked to see him play with such tenacity.

If he's actually a good shooter too then he's going to be a great 3 and D guy for the rotation.
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,130

Post#89 » by J-Ves » Fri Oct 29, 2021 2:26 pm

NatP4 wrote:…I’m not sure why we need to be playing a guy like Holiday over our NBA ready 1st round pick.

Because we need Holiday’s ability to initiate the offense more than whatever Kispert brings to the table. We are a little light in the playmaking guard department.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#90 » by payitforward » Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:36 am

Kispert came in with a reputation that was somewhat one-dimensional: a jump shooter, esp. a 3-point shooter.

Ok, he's only played 36 minutes, but he's looked like something completely different from that!

1. He's been an above average rebounder -- & so far he seems to have a knack for grabbing offensive boards. He's gotten 3 of them in his 36 minutes.

2. He's assisting at a nice clip. 4 in his 36 minutes.

3. He's had 2 steals & (especially noteworthy) 2 blocked shots.

4. He's made 2 of his 3 two-point attempts & all his FTAs. Plus, his FTR is .333 -- while everyone else is getting to the line less than in the past (except Montrezl).

The only thing he hasn't done is hit those 3-pointers!

Corey Kispert has looked quite good! Now we need to get him some shots. Run some stuff for him. & let's see what he can do with the ball in his hands. Give him a little bit of a chance at that.

Again... it's only 36 minutes. But, they've been good ones.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM

Post#91 » by NatP4 » Tue Nov 2, 2021 3:00 pm

They need to play this guy more. He’s NBA ready. Gets steals, blocks, and assists. Rebounds really well. Said it all year while watching college basketball: he’s a surprisingly solid defender that plays with great effort and high basketball IQ. Doesn’t turn it over or foul.

115 offensive rating 103 defensive rating. The guy is a winner.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#92 » by payitforward » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:13 am

Moving this here...
NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:
NatP4 wrote:We got a good one in Kispert. Ridiculous 120 offensive rating and 102 defensive rating. Leads the team in on/off by a lot. Been really impressed with all of the little things he does like help defense, boxing out, playmaking. He plays like a 10 year vet.

I'm not seeing it yet. I think those numbers benefit a great deal from him playing really short stints against backups while alongside starting-caliber players.

He knows how to play and where to be at both ends of the court, but I think his defense has been really bad when on the ball. He dies on screens and he gets overpowered around the rim. I'm not hating; rookies are typically really bad on defense. But I haven't seen much reason for optimism yet. I hope you are right.

I don’t see a star or anything, but I think his athletic ability is really underrated. He has the frame of someone like a Pat Caunaghton(no clue how to spell) from the Bucks where I think he can be solid defensively and be a good rebounder.

I think we need to drop the “just a shooter” label from Kispert. He’s an athlete and really smart all around player. He’s playing actual meaningful minutes and posting rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals, while limiting his turnovers and fouls.

Too few minutes, really, to say anything meaningful. Mostly it's nice to see that he doesn't look lost. Or overwhelmed.

Be nice to see him get more shots -- especially if he makes them!
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,489

Post#93 » by mhd » Tue Nov 9, 2021 1:28 am

payitforward wrote:Moving this here...
NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I'm not seeing it yet. I think those numbers benefit a great deal from him playing really short stints against backups while alongside starting-caliber players.

He knows how to play and where to be at both ends of the court, but I think his defense has been really bad when on the ball. He dies on screens and he gets overpowered around the rim. I'm not hating; rookies are typically really bad on defense. But I haven't seen much reason for optimism yet. I hope you are right.

I don’t see a star or anything, but I think his athletic ability is really underrated. He has the frame of someone like a Pat Caunaghton(no clue how to spell) from the Bucks where I think he can be solid defensively and be a good rebounder.

I think we need to drop the “just a shooter” label from Kispert. He’s an athlete and really smart all around player. He’s playing actual meaningful minutes and posting rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals, while limiting his turnovers and fouls.

Too few minutes, really, to say anything meaningful. Mostly it's nice to see that he doesn't look lost. Or overwhelmed.

Be nice to see him get more shots -- especially if he makes them!

He's been unlucky on a couple of 3s (in and out). I like his awareness, but he obviously has to improve on defense. He's a much niftier passer than I thought.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,158

Post#94 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Tue Nov 9, 2021 10:37 am

NatP4 wrote:They need to play this guy more. He’s NBA ready. Gets steals, blocks, and assists. Rebounds really well. Said it all year while watching college basketball: he’s a surprisingly solid defender that plays with great effort and high basketball IQ. Doesn’t turn it over or foul.

115 offensive rating 103 defensive rating. The guy is a winner.

We are only roughly 10% into the season. I like the minutes WU Jr is giving Kispert. KCP is a veteran he can emulate. Deni is being given valuable minutes.

Kispert is succeeding without any pressure in the best way IMO. There's no rush at all. Kispert is going to be ready when his time comes.

Sent from my SM-A526U using RealGM mobile app
Bye bye Beal.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,013

Post#95 » by DCZards » Tue Nov 9, 2021 5:32 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
We are only roughly 10% into the season. I like the minutes WU Jr is giving Kispert. KCP is a veteran he can emulate. Deni is being given valuable minutes.

Kispert is succeeding without any pressure in the best way IMO. There's no rush at all. Kispert is going to be ready when his time comes.

Yes, Kispert's minutes are about right. I give Wes credit for even getting the rook into the regular rotation.
NatP4
RealGM

Post#96 » by NatP4 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:46 pm

Kispert’s last 5 games (in which he played all meaningful rotation minutes) per36:

12.9 points 6.2 rebounds 1.5 assists 1.5 turnovers 57.1% TS and a 14.9 net rating.

This is a great pick by Tommy. Loved what I saw again last night. Much more than just a spot up shooter. Hit a tough deep contested 3, hit a mid range jumpshot off the dribble, makes some great cuts and finishes around the basket. Plays really solid defense without fouling. Also noticing that there are no nerves during crunch time, he stays completely poised and under control.
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,975

Post#97 » by tontoz » Thu Nov 11, 2021 6:52 pm

NatP4 wrote:Kispert’s last 5 games (in which he played all meaningful rotation minutes) per36:

(A) 12.9 points 6.2 rebounds 1.5 assists 1.5 turnovers 57.1% TS and a 14.9 net rating.

(B) This is a great pick by Tommy.

Those are good numbers for a rookie but the sample size is so small i just can't get from A to B.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD
NatP4
RealGM

Post#98 » by NatP4 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:02 pm

It’s time for another Trey Murphy check-in. Guy has already played 234 minutes and is producing less points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Kispert. Also shooting a terrible 30% from the field and 33% from 3. -15.7 net rating.

During summer league, people were convinced that Tommy made the wrong pick.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#99 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:38 pm

NatP4 wrote:It’s time for another Trey Murphy check-in. Guy has already played 234 minutes and is producing less points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Kispert. Also shooting a terrible 30% from the field and 33% from 3. -15.7 net rating.

Murphy's a more graceful athlete, but in college - he tended to play without a lot of urgency. Murphy's got a little higher ceiling, but Kispert's got a higher floor - like Connaughton. Connaughton was an awful defender in his early years and has gradually become a solid defender. C'nuttin wrong with that.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,601

Post#100 » by nate33 » Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:
NatP4 wrote:It’s time for another Trey Murphy check-in. Guy has already played 234 minutes and is producing less points, rebounds, assists, steals, and blocks than Kispert. Also shooting a terrible 30% from the field and 33% from 3. -15.7 net rating.

Murphy's a more graceful athlete, but in college - he tended to play without a lot of urgency. Murphy's got a little higher ceiling, but Kispert's got a higher floor - like Connaughton. Connaughton was an awful defender in his early years and has gradually become a solid defender. C'nuttin wrong with that.

Let's not forget that Kispert in 16 months older than Murphy and played one more year of college ball.

Return to Washington Wizards