ImageImageImageImageImage

Bradley Beal - Part IV

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

CntOutSmrtCrazy
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,159

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#801 » by CntOutSmrtCrazy » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:18 pm

Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up from the dream and that Sheppard is still our GM and Beal is dancing on the sideline with a back injury...
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,959

Post#802 » by Frichuela » Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:26 pm

CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up from the dream and that Sheppard is still our GM and Beal is dancing on the sideline with a back injury...

:lol:

FYI-the general board has also a thread on Beal's injury news...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2326996&start=20
CobraCommander
RealGM
And1: 14,314

Post#803 » by CobraCommander » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:02 pm

Frichuela wrote:
CntOutSmrtCrazy wrote:Sometimes I think I'm going to wake up from the dream and that Sheppard is still our GM and Beal is dancing on the sideline with a back injury...

:lol:

FYI-the general board has also a thread on Beal's injury news...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2326996&start=20

I came back home to say Bye to Beals Bad Back and worse contract. Lol
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#804 » by gambitx777 » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:27 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I mean I hope he misses the season we have an unprotected pick swap this year that was supposed to mean nothing lol .

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app

Man, I forgot about those swaps.

Phoenix has no depth and 3 of their top 4 guys (Durant, Beal, Nurkic) are extremely injury prone. Hell, even Booker isn't the most durable guy in the world.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but they do happen. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they just miss the playoffs altogether.
I'm not wishing a new injury lol just that if he's gonna miss time lol I hope it gets us a good pick

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,437

Post#805 » by doclinkin » Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:37 pm

nate33 wrote:
gambitx777 wrote:I mean I hope he misses the season we have an unprotected pick swap this year that was supposed to mean nothing lol .

Man, I forgot about those swaps.

Phoenix has no depth and 3 of their top 4 guys (Durant, Beal, Nurkic) are extremely injury prone. Hell, even Booker isn't the most durable guy in the world.

I wouldn't wish injuries on anyone, but they do happen. It's not out of the realm of possibility that they just miss the playoffs altogether.

What I've been saying since the trade. KD has a rebuilt achilles. Booker plays full speed all the time, with an athletic game that is subject to a drop off if he is dinged up. He starts the year listed as Questionable with a toe injury. Nurkic is on the bench so often he should change his last name to IR. Any two of those players out for a significant time and they risk being steamrolled in the West. And they can't play the load management do-si-do because they start 3 recent all-stars. They will play til they drop.

Even if they barely miss the playoffs, a pick swap means we essentially get all their ping pong balls, since you don't decide to swap until after the lotto. It just adds their combos to your pool, bumping your odds a notch. Some years you will take every possible extra combo you can get. This year is, eh, okay, cool if it happens, but I like the potential of the future year lotto swaps.
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,938

Post#806 » by payitforward » Wed Oct 25, 2023 1:20 am

Phoenix has gotten worse not better this off season. Their best player last year -- by far -- was Chris Paul. Now, this year they have a full season of Kevin Durant, which should make up for that loss.

But no Mikal Bridges, no Cam Johnson. Nurkic isn't as good as Ayton, & if anything their role players overall are downgraded from last year. Brad won't help as much as they think he will, not nearly as much.

They won 45 games last year. I doubt they'll get there again this year.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#807 » by Kanyewest » Wed Oct 25, 2023 5:04 am

payitforward wrote:Phoenix has gotten worse not better this off season. Their best player last year -- by far -- was Chris Paul. Now, this year they have a full season of Kevin Durant, which should make up for that loss.

But no Mikal Bridges, no Cam Johnson. Nurkic isn't as good as Ayton, & if anything their role players overall are downgraded from last year. Brad won't help as much as they think he will, not nearly as much.

I disagree but we will see how the season plays out. By the way, the Suns beat the Warriors without Beal. Nurkic at least for tonight looked the part with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Josh Okogie was excellent and forced Curry into foul trouble.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,576

Post#808 » by nate33 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:22 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
payitforward wrote:Phoenix has gotten worse not better this off season. Their best player last year -- by far -- was Chris Paul. Now, this year they have a full season of Kevin Durant, which should make up for that loss.

I disagree but we will see how the season plays out. By the way, the Suns beat the Warriors without Beal. Nurkic at least for tonight looked the part with 14 points and 14 rebounds. Josh Okogie was excellent and forced Curry into foul trouble.

The Warriors were without Draymond though.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,007

Post#809 » by DCZards » Wed Oct 25, 2023 12:47 pm

nate33 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:

The Warriors were without Draymond though.

…and the Suns were without Beal.

Ayton may be better than Nurkic but Jusuf is probably a better fit for the Suns. It will help that he’s a better passer out of the post than Ayton.

And the pickup of Gordon, Allen, Watanabe, Goodwin and Little will help with the depth issues caused by the loss of Bridges, Johnson and Cam Payne.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#810 » by payitforward » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:21 pm

The main point of difference on the Suns -- which the last few posts haven't mentioned -- is the loss of Chris Paul, still one of the best players in the league (just compare his numbers to other PGs). His play alone was worth a whole bunch of wins.
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,576

Post#811 » by nate33 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 6:24 pm

payitforward wrote:The main point of difference on the Suns -- which the last few posts haven't mentioned -- is the loss of Chris Paul, still one of the best players in the league (just compare his numbers to other PGs). His play alone was worth a whole bunch of wins.

Although not last night, lol.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,007

Post#812 » by DCZards » Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:37 pm

payitforward wrote:The main point of difference on the Suns -- which the last few posts haven't mentioned -- is the loss of Chris Paul, still one of the best players in the league (just compare his numbers to other PGs). His play alone was worth a whole bunch of wins.

CP may have been “worth a whole bunch of wins” when he was in his prime but that’s not true in 2023.

Yeah, CP is worth some wins…but Durant and Booker (and maybe even BB) are worth more.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#813 » by Kanyewest » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:06 pm

DCZards wrote:

CP may have been “worth a whole bunch of wins” when he was in his prime but that’s not true in 2023.

Yeah, CP is worth some wins…but Durant and Booker (and maybe even BB) are worth more.

On the surface, it looks like Beal was worth more wins for the Wizards than Chris Paul was for the Suns when both were healthy this last season. The Wizards had a 24-26 record with Beal which was on pace for 39 wins over a full 82 game season season. Without Beal, the Wizards had a 11-21 record which would have been 28 wins. The Suns would have been on pace for 46 wins with Chris Paul - but the Suns would have been on pace for 43 wins in the season without Cp3. Although maybe there are other factors in play such as games with/without Booker/Durant. Both missed similar amount of games last season.

Chris Paul may also be on the decline as he's 38 years old. Of course, maybe Paul plays better as the season progresses.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#814 » by gambitx777 » Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:39 pm

I don't think any one doubts the suns when healthy. Brad is the 3ed- 4th best player now on a good team where he belongs. But if more than one piece goes down they don't have the depth to survive.

payitforward
RealGM

Post#815 » by payitforward » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:25 am

Kanyewest wrote:
DCZards wrote:

Yeah, CP is worth some wins…but Durant and Booker if aybe even BB) are worth more.

Chris Paul may also be on the decline as he's 38 years old. Of course, maybe Paul plays better as the season progresses.

Kanye -- For sure he's on the decline! At 38? But his decline is from being one of the best players in the entire history of the game! :)

Zards -- if by "'23" you mean this season, we won't know what CP3 has left until we see how he plays. But last year he was absolutely terrific, pure & simple. Among pure PGs, Haliburton, Steph & Dame were better -- but that's about it.

Anyway... we'll get to see how good Phoenix is. Whether I'm right or wrong. I've had plenty of opportunity to be both of those things in the past! :)
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#816 » by Frichuela » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:35 am

And so it continues…

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=GWeuz7j_sc5cBYZzdD92Tw
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,231

Post#817 » by AFM » Sat Oct 28, 2023 12:49 am

Back pain is nothing to scoff at. I injured myself lifting 4 years ago and I randomly have flareups that pretty much prevent me from doing anything for that week. So I hope he gets better. Also I'm really looking forward to seeing him play on a different team.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,322

Post#818 » by DirtyDez » Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:02 am

Is he damaged goods? Be honest…
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant

Post#819 » by Frichuela » Sat Oct 28, 2023 1:42 pm

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,437

Post#820 » by doclinkin » Sat Oct 28, 2023 2:36 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Is he damaged goods? Be honest…

No backsies!

Anyway fair trade since Landry Shamet hasn't played for us either.
And really neither has CP3
:clown:

Return to Washington Wizards