queridiculo
RealGM
And1: 9,074

Re: Bradley Beal - Part IV 

Post#2 » by queridiculo » Wed Feb 2, 2022 11:39 pm

FAH1223 wrote:Getting ahead of Nate.

Continued from HERE: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=1423165&start=1980

Our last thread for Beal in DC :clap:

I mean, does it irk anybody else when journo's get basic facts wrong?

Avdija was drafted last season, Beal is not a free agent, he has a player option and that's just in the opening sequence.
dlts20
RealGM
And1: 6,194

Post#3 » by dlts20 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 11:03 am

Trade Spencer, keep gaff and Beal. Idk wtf is wrong with Beal but I do think that as a player, he is closer to last year than he is this season
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#4 » by JWizmentality » Thu Feb 3, 2022 1:36 pm

dlts20 wrote:Trade Spencer, keep gaff and Beal. Idk wtf is wrong with Beal but I do think that as a player, he is closer to last year than he is this season

Still not worth that money. Or maybe last year was an anomaly and this is his true form. Has never been a great shooter, historically dreadful in the clutch, extremely turnover prone, and for the life of me I've never seen a player expend as much energy as he does dancing around only to get off a horrific shot or turn the ball over. He works way too hard to be mediocre. And that is frightening. No thank you.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,980

Post#5 » by FAH1223 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:27 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
dlts20 wrote:Trade Spencer, keep gaff and Beal. Idk wtf is wrong with Beal but I do think that as a player, he is closer to last year than he is this season

Still not worth that money. Or maybe last year was an anomaly and this is his true form. Has never been a great shooter, historically dreadful in the clutch, extremely turnover prone, and for the life of me I've never seen a player expend as much energy as he does dancing around only to get off a horrific shot or turn the ball over. He works way too hard to be mediocre. And that is frightening. No thank you.

Re-sign Beal

Then trade him like Clippers did in 2017-18 after giving Griffin the max.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,229

Post#6 » by AFM » Thu Feb 3, 2022 2:39 pm

Nate please retitle as “The Final Bradley Beal Thread”
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,236

Post#7 » by MikeTheKid » Thu Feb 3, 2022 4:08 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Re-sign Beal

THIS, just like we talked about on Kevin's Twitter Space last night unless someone blows us away with a trade in the next week!
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#8 » by JWizmentality » Thu Feb 3, 2022 5:30 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Re-sign Beal

Assuming a team wants to be saddled with that contract.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,573

Post#9 » by nate33 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 6:37 pm

AFM wrote:Nate please retitle as “The Final Bradley Beal Thread”

If we end up resigning him to a max contract, I suspect the "Amazingly Sucky Beal Thread" will get a lot more action than this one. Meeting the expectations of a supermax contract is extremely difficult.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#10 » by FAH1223 » Thu Feb 3, 2022 8:11 pm

JWizmentality wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:

Re-sign Beal

There'll be takers!
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#11 » by JWizmentality » Thu Feb 3, 2022 9:21 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
JWizmentality wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Re-sign Beal

There'll be takers!

Those poor fools.
Frichuela
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,958

Post#12 » by Frichuela » Fri Feb 4, 2022 12:43 am

As expected Beal ain’t no all star this year. Pls trade his sorry ass out of town..

Read on Twitter
?s=21
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,573

Post#13 » by nate33 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 12:52 am

Frichuela wrote:As expected Beal ain’t no all star this year. Pls trade his sorry ass out of town..

Read on Twitter
?s=21

I don't agree with the criticism of him being a "sorry ass". He is still a quality player. But nevertheless, one has to wonder why on Earth we should be paying a non-All-Star the 6th highest salary in the league, and have the contract last 5 full years. It makes absolutely no sense.
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#14 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 1:06 am

Frichuela wrote:As expected Beal ain’t no all star this year. Pls trade his sorry ass out of town..

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Middleton is surprising. He’s missed time with COVID and injuries.

I was expecting one of the Hornets (Ball or Bridges) to get that spot.

As for Brad, he had no chance being an All Star with his sucky his first 15-20 games were.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#15 » by WallToWall » Fri Feb 4, 2022 1:19 am

He should not get max $, much less super max $. But, who know what Teddy is thinking. Will Beal take less than max $ to stay with the Wizards? I hope he does, but when other teams offer much more, he will most likely bolt. I do hope he doesn’t sign for 4yrs $182.5M deal that is currently on the table, because that will really hinder our chances of even building a championship team. It’s a loose-loose from a team perspective.If he signs for much less than that, we may stand a better chance to build a championship team.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#16 » by miller31time » Fri Feb 4, 2022 2:19 am

Does Terd have the cajones to SUPERMAX a non-All-Star?
dlts20
RealGM

Post#17 » by dlts20 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 2:33 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

That has to be the most humbling/humiliating thing ever. Once you reach brads level, especially what he did last year, you aren't supposed to fall off like this, especially when you are in your prime. I'm still upset that he's not addressing it more and the local media isn't on his asz. Again, we hold the president of the United States foot to the fire in this city but no one bombard him with questions on his lackluster play, especially when he keeps speaking of giving the franchise every chance like he's lebron or KD... Smh

If he's not traded then he better ball out this season. Spencer sucks but we should still be better. If your franchise player is playing like trash then you can't judge anything fairly. We have a lot of new guys and guys who have played with lebron. I know that they are looking at Brad like he's trash in comparison and I bet that Kuz and trez think that they are better than him. That's a sad fall for Brad
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#18 » by FAH1223 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 2:44 am

WallToWall wrote:He should not get max $, much less super max $. But, who know what Teddy is thinking. Will Beal take less than max $ to stay with the Wizards? I hope he does, but when other teams offer much more, he will most likely bolt. I do hope he doesn’t sign for 4yrs $182.5M deal that is currently on the table, because that will really hinder our chances of even building a championship team. It’s a loose-loose from a team perspective.If he signs for much less than that, we may stand a better chance to build a championship team.

If you got rid of the Bertans and Dinwiddie albatross contracts, the Wizards could create a max slot in 2023 rather easily even WITH Beal making $45M.
dlts20
RealGM

Post#19 » by dlts20 » Fri Feb 4, 2022 3:31 am

JWizmentality wrote:

Lmao. I was literally just thinking about this a day or two ago. Brad is starting to take a lot of difficult shots now. It didn't seem that way before but he's getting his Kobe on now. That's another reason why his percentages are tanking.

Everything you said was spot on and I hate to be that guy but honestly we aren't anywhere close to getting a top 5 pick anytime soon and we haven't been a FA destination, especially without a Beal. If we can get off of Spencer while adding Grant or sabonis, I could see Brad and the Wiz being good down the stretch but like you said, it still may not be supermax worthy
zero2hero
Senior
And1: 487

Post#20 » by zero2hero » Fri Feb 4, 2022 3:37 am

If somehow we convince Brad to just take the regular max instead of super, is it a W?

Return to Washington Wizards