dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,367

Re: Political Roundtable Part XXXII 

Post#1601 » by dobrojim » Mon May 6, 2024 4:07 pm

Wizardspride wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=Dh5TAwoGb6aOvAUgsJIYaQ&s=19

The party of law and order has becomes the party of scofflaws, grifters and criminals.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1602 » by dobrojim » Tue May 7, 2024 2:21 pm

monologue on campus protest

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,216

Post#1603 » by Zonkerbl » Tue May 7, 2024 10:52 pm

I gotta say, what a disgusting, smarmy sleazeball Trump is. Just a gross, pathetic, amoral piece of garbage.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1604 » by dobrojim » Wed May 8, 2024 2:21 pm

It's remarkable how powerfully tribalism influences us currently when not that long ago
claims were made that character matters. Now all it appears to take is scare talk on immigration
for character to become passe.

dckingsfan
RealGM
And1: 16,134

Post#1605 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 8, 2024 3:42 pm

dobrojim wrote:Apparently there is no level of criminality or corruption that would lead Popper to conclude he shouldn't continue to vote GOP. He hates Biden and democrats but hasn't really explained why they pose the kind of existential threat that would cause someone to ignore rampant criminality probably using the false analogy of both sidesism.

This is it. Programmed to hate Ds and programmed by the Russians to "both sidesism" because he can't articulate what he doesn't have - and there you have it.

Instead, he relies on disinformation and non-critical thinking to come up with his stance.

The one that is fascinating is where he states that Biden not Trump is the threat to Democracy. And one of his false arguments therein is that the debt (caused by none other than Bush/Trump) is laid at the feet of Biden. Fascinating non-logic. His voting for Bush/Trump is the reason for the debt.
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1606 » by dckingsfan » Wed May 8, 2024 3:45 pm

dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1607 » by dobrojim » Wed May 8, 2024 6:13 pm

Speaking of programmed by the Rooskies, we have a significant faction of the House GOP
that has fully bought into Russian aggi-prop. That would be bad enough but there is probably
a super majority of the remainder who can't bring themselves to call the colleagues out
for being Russian stooges.

Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1608 » by Zonkerbl » Wed May 8, 2024 6:20 pm

does anyone remember way back when, when I got yelled at for calling Nate a patsy? I'd love to have those days back.
dobrojim
RealGM

Post#1609 » by dobrojim » Wed May 8, 2024 6:23 pm

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2024/05/08/biden-immigration-border-crossings-decline/

Psst. Have you heard? Illegal border crossings are down. Way down.

From the last four months of 2023 to the first four months of 2024, illegal crossings at the U.S. southwestern border fell a whopping 40 percent, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Such crossings usually rise in the early months of a calendar year, as the weather warms, so this number might even understate the turnaround.

Two takeaways from this development: First, the standard GOP (and media) talking points about the “border crisis” are woefully out of date. Second: Anyone who cares about border security should support a presidential candidate with (ahem) good diplomatic relationships.

Some relate to President Biden’s domestic policies, such as creating more pathways for lawful entry, which reduce migrants’ incentive to brave dangerous terrain and show up at our border unannounced. The biggest factors, though, appear to be measures not from the United States directly but from our allies. Most significantly: Mexico.

Most migrants crossing illegally from Mexico into the United States are not Mexican nationals. They’re citizens of other countries, such as Guatemala and Ecuador, who transit through our southern neighbor. In early December, Mexico’s immigration agency ran out of funds to continue its migrant deportations and transfers. Not coincidentally, that is when unlawful crossings from Mexico into the United States peaked.

her conclusion

All of which is to say that voters who value secure borders should consider which presidential candidate proves better at forging and maintaining cooperative relationships with our allies. If you think that’s Trump, then boy, do I have a border bridge to sell you.

verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,367

Post#1610 » by verbal8 » Thu May 9, 2024 2:50 am

dobrojim wrote:It's remarkable how powerfully tribalism influences us currently when not that long ago
claims were made that character matters. Now all it appears to take is scare talk on immigration

There was always a level of hypocrisy in "family values" - Gingrich was having an affair while impeaching Clinton for one
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1611 » by Zonkerbl » Thu May 9, 2024 5:55 pm

verbal8 wrote:
dobrojim wrote:It's remarkable how powerfully tribalism influences us currently when not that long ago

There was always a level of hypocrisy in "family values" - Gingrich was having an affair while impeaching Clinton for one

Well, that's a bit of a red herring, Christians are always talking about hating the sin, loving the sinner. It's ok to sin if you follow the rules. What they don't like is sinning without rules. What's to keep people from giving in to their homosexual desires if there are no rules?
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1612 » by Zonkerbl » Thu May 9, 2024 6:59 pm

popper wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:
popper wrote:
Yes. Trump was a bad choice for the R's in 2020 and he'll be a bad choice this year as well. Unfortunately I'll have to vote for him again if Biden is his opponent.

So you hate America and want democracy to be destroyed and have basically been lying this entire conversation

:D No. I just have a different opinion than you do. Diversity of thought is a strength of our system. Do you agree?

For the record, believing things that are not true is not an "opinion"
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,814

Post#1613 » by Pointgod » Thu May 9, 2024 7:05 pm

dobrojim wrote:Cuellar (and his wife) appear(s) to be a flat out crook(s). I wonder how much jail time that old man will get.
I don't get why they 1. do it in the first place or 2.think they can get away with it

Well if it worked for Trump…..
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#1614 » by TGW » Thu May 9, 2024 7:19 pm

dobrojim wrote:

Chris Hayes is the only journalist on MSNBC.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
2Fluffy4U
Sophomore
And1: 93

Post#1615 » by 2Fluffy4U » Thu May 9, 2024 8:55 pm

TGW wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Once these protestors, Mr. Hayes or any other Pro Palestine American can articulate what is the goal and reason of this conflict - they have earned their right to protest. The issue is most of them are brainwashed in Qatar funded academia.

Some facts:
1. Iran, Russia, North Korea, China - all oppose the US western hegemony and wish for it be replaced.
2. The Arab/Muslim world is being taught to hate the Jews and Israel for more than half a century.
3. The dictator leaders of Arab countries need a commom enemy in order for their people to not realise how much democracies promoted progress and wellbeing.
4. Israel became an independent country in 1948.
5. Since then - serrounding Arab countries (Jordaninans, Syrians, Egyptians) opposed its existence and waiged wars against it. Israel won.
6. Realising they cant win by military force - the arabs invented a new people named Palestinians around late 1960s that appropriate the jewish narrative of Zionism - the wanting to return to a Homeland. Surprisengly the Palestinians have the same claim for Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv etc.. and the new narrative of Israel as coloniser was invented.
7. The narrative sticked and people began to identify with being colonised / opressed when in fact they are just Israeli arabs with voting rights and civil rights (I simplefied it - its more complex but Israel has Israeli Arabs while other local Jordaninas started identifying as Palestinians).
8. The same method is now being taught in US campuses - promoting identification with a false narrative of opression and colonialism - white privilege is sinful and should be attoned by diversifying and being woke.
9. All of this leads to the crumbling of societies who are being naive by projecting their own values as if opposing enemies are playing with the same set of rules - which is not true.
10. Protestors and pro palestine media in the US are considered as 'useful idiots' by people who identify as Palestinians in Gaza..
11. Lets assume Israel loses the war by not eradicating Hamas at all cost - what is next? Well - Iran and Hizballa will attack further more seeing Israel can be bullied and the US will then need to decide if they want to lose Israel or provide even more military support than now.
12. Assuming Israel is being wiped of the map (that is the declared goal of Iran/Hizballa/Hamas/Palestine) - what is next? The answer - a tilting point in which the opposition axis (Iran, Russia etc) become the global hegemony..
dckingsfan
RealGM

Post#1616 » by dckingsfan » Thu May 9, 2024 10:15 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
popper wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:So you hate America and want democracy to be destroyed and have basically been lying this entire conversation

:D No. I just have a different opinion than you do. Diversity of thought is a strength of our system. Do you agree?

For the record, believing things that are not true is not an "opinion"

Ah, from the: your entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts quote (who said that?).

And that is Popper's favorite tactic, IMO (it just doesn't work well with an educated audience).

Drop in a false fact to justify an opinion. Then when called on the factual error, deflect to "I just have a different opinion...". Followed by, "this is a good thing, right!".
2Fluffy4U
Sophomore

Post#1617 » by 2Fluffy4U » Thu May 9, 2024 11:01 pm

If any of you recall Bruce Willis immortal line in Armageddon: 'Is this the best the US governement / NASA could come up with..?"
Well this is how I feel when I realise the most advanced democracy in the world has Biden and Trump as running for office..
The fact both of them are so incompetent and yet no one demands better makes me believe the American society is headed for hard times..
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,950

Post#1618 » by TGW » Fri May 10, 2024 4:22 am

2Fluffy4U wrote:
TGW wrote:
dobrojim wrote:

Once these protestors, Mr. Hayes or any other Pro Palestine American can articulate what is the goal and reason of this conflict - they have earned their right to protest. The issue is most of them are brainwashed in Qatar funded academia.

Some facts:
1. Iran, Russia, North Korea, China - all oppose the US western hegemony and wish for it be replaced.
2. The Arab/Muslim world is being taught to hate the Jews and Israel for more than half a century.
3. The dictator leaders of Arab countries need a commom enemy in order for their people to not realise how much democracies promoted progress and wellbeing.
4. Israel became an independent country in 1948.
5. Since then - serrounding Arab countries (Jordaninans, Syrians, Egyptians) opposed its existence and waiged wars against it. Israel won.
6. Realising they cant win by military force - the arabs invented a new people named Palestinians around late 1960s that appropriate the jewish narrative of Zionism - the wanting to return to a Homeland. Surprisengly the Palestinians have the same claim for Jerusalem, Haifa, Tel Aviv etc.. and the new narrative of Israel as coloniser was invented.
7. The narrative sticked and people began to identify with being colonised / opressed when in fact they are just Israeli arabs with voting rights and civil rights (I simplefied it - its more complex but Israel has Israeli Arabs while other local Jordaninas started identifying as Palestinians).
8. The same method is now being taught in US campuses - promoting identification with a false narrative of opression and colonialism - white privilege is sinful and should be attoned by diversifying and being woke.
9. All of this leads to the crumbling of societies who are being naive by projecting their own values as if opposing enemies are playing with the same set of rules - which is not true.
10. Protestors and pro palestine media in the US are considered as 'useful idiots' by people who identify as Palestinians in Gaza..
11. Lets assume Israel loses the war by not eradicating Hamas at all cost - what is next? Well - Iran and Hizballa will attack further more seeing Israel can be bullied and the US will then need to decide if they want to lose Israel or provide even more military support than now.
12. Assuming Israel is being wiped of the map (that is the declared goal of Iran/Hizballa/Hamas/Palestine) - what is next? The answer - a tilting point in which the opposition axis (Iran, Russia etc) become the global hegemony..

This is a nice zionist view of history...too bad it doesn't pass the sniff test. "The Arab/Muslim world is being taught to hate the Jews" is such a fabricated, weak, and obtuse argument that lacks any context whatsoever especially considering Israel has great econoomic ties to several Islamic countries, including the most disgusting right wing Islamic country (Saudi Arabia).

You also conveniently left off the fact that Israel was created with the help of terrorists (the Irgun), who are the forefathers of the Lekud Party, that of which Netanyahooo is apart of. Israel wasn't created through diplomacy; it was created by thugs.

Anyway, I see where this is going. The Zionists live in a bubble where they are ALWAYS the victim. When the IDF murders women, children, and journalists, somehow it's Hamas' fault. They killed about 25,000+ people, probably more, but the Zionists, despite losing support across the world, still continue their victimization complex.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
2Fluffy4U
Sophomore

Post#1619 » by 2Fluffy4U » Fri May 10, 2024 6:14 am

Anyway, I see where this is going. The Palestinians live in a bubble where they are ALWAYS the victim. When the Hamas murders women, children, and journalists, somehow it's Israel' fault. They killed, kidnapped and raped about 1500 people, probably more, but the Palestinians, despite gaining support across the world, still continue their victimization complex.

See what I did there?
Its all narrative games. My facts will be debunked by you and yours by mine. (Who has a history based backed facts or more cognitive dissonace is a different topic)..

Ask yourself some few simple questions:
1. Should Israel exist?
2. If yes - what should be their borders.
3. Perform a google search and see if your answer to question 2 was 99% agreed by Israel but rejected by the PLO.
4. Suggest a viable solution for this conflict.
Runner300
Freshman
And1: 49

Post#1620 » by Runner300 » Fri May 10, 2024 8:46 am

Just to clarify a point: the Palestinian People idea was picked up and developed in the KGB basements
after the USSR failed to defeat Israel in the 73 war through the hands of Egypt.
Read the history of Yasser Arafat and his ties to USSR.

Return to Washington Wizards