Re: Ryan Rollins 

Post#2 » by AFM » Thu Jun 22, 2023 11:10 pm

keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#3 » by keynote » Fri Jun 23, 2023 5:35 am

I'm going to call this poor kid Ryan Hollins til the day I die
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,403

Post#4 » by NatP4 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:15 pm

These numbers are really ridiculous.

In the G-League showcase portion of the year(284 minutes):
25.7 points 5.4 rebounds 5.7 assists 3.5 turnovers 1.1 steals 60.3% TS.

scored 17+ in every game besides the 1st game of the year in which he only played 14 minutes.

Baldwin and Rollins actually led the team in ON/OFF differential in the showcase portion.

after the break in the regular season:
29.8 points 5.0 rebounds 4.5 assists 4.1 turnovers 1.6 steals 64% TS. ON/OFF for both of those guys fell off a cliff, but the team changed drastically around the deadline, the main change being James Wiseman being shipped out.

Still, thats like 500 G-league minutes scoring 25-30 ppg on 60+ TS% as a 20 year old. That is some serious potential. Hoping he plays in the Summer league.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#5 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 24, 2023 9:45 pm

I always listen to what players are saying in workouts and at the combine about who they think is a true baller. Ryan Rollins' name came up from a few different sources. Smooth, three level scorer, never hurried, smart passes, good reads. I was happy to hear he was part of the return from GSW.

Our GoGo squad seems to be a good atmosphere for player development. There are players who are made to succeed in the G League. I fully expect Rollins to take over that squad, and eventually get an audition with the Wiz. He needs to get confidence in his outside shot, and work on that AST:TO ratio, the league has fewer spots for undersized scoring guards, but if he can become an option at PG he will find more opportunities. He really struggled with TOs at the NBA level.

I'd bet he and PBJ play well together in Summer League. Or on the GoGo. Especially if their former teammate Trevion WIlliams is still on our G Squad. I'm intrigued, but you never know. Some players reach their level lower down. If he doesn't make it here I'd bet he has a career in Europe.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,738

Post#6 » by gambitx777 » Sat Jun 24, 2023 10:36 pm

doclinkin wrote:I always listen to what players are saying in workouts and at the combine about who they think is a true baller. Ryan Rollins' name came up from a few different sources. Smooth, three level scorer, never hurried, smart passes, good reads. I was happy to hear he was part of the return from GSW.

Our GoGo squad seems to be a good atmosphere for player development. There are players who are made to succeed in the G League. I fully expect Rollins to take over that squad, and eventually get an audition with the Wiz. He needs to get confidence in his outside shot, and work on that AST:TO ratio, the league has fewer spots for undersized scoring guards, but if he can become an option at PG he will find more opportunities. He really struggled with TOs at the NBA level.

I'd bet he and PBJ play well together in Summer League. Or on the GoGo. Especially if their former teammate Trevion WIlliams is still on our G Squad. I'm intrigued, but you never know. Some players reach their level lower down. If he doesn't make it here I'd bet he has a career in Europe.
I mean with how we have it now these dude are gonna be playing 20 a night off the bench in January lol.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
payitforward
RealGM
And1: 7,937

Post#7 » by payitforward » Wed Jun 28, 2023 7:11 pm

Hope so!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
payitforward
RealGM

Post#8 » by payitforward » Thu Jul 6, 2023 6:44 pm

From the Poole trade thread:
bicycle wrote:...The team liked (Rollins) enough that they paid cash to move up a few spots in the second round and draft him....

...he missed last summer league with a foot problem, put up numbers on the G league for a small sample of games, then missed the last bit of the season with another injury....

The report when we drafted him was they liked his offensive potential and he has a very good wingspan for his size so he's supposed to develop into a good defender....

All pretty good stuff, I'd say, for a guy being "thrown in" to a draft deal.

He only got to play 200 minutes in the G League, but absolutely! he put up excellent numbers. Take a look for yourself: https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1631157/

Highlights are 33.2 points per 40 minutes with a .64 TS%. That's absolutely stellar -- especially on such high usage (29.5%).

Obviously, we can't compare G League numbers with NBA numbers, & anyway that was only 8 games, plus who knows how much of that he can bring to the NBA, but all the same...
Spoiler:
those are Donovan Mitchell numbers!
Breaking News: In a shocking development, Wizards owner Ted Leonsis has sold the NBA franchise to a consortium of participants in a discussion board devoted to the team on realgm.com. Details to follow....
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,403

Post#9 » by NatP4 » Thu Jul 6, 2023 6:58 pm

He played about 500 minutes in the G-League.

In the showcase portion of the season, per 36 he put up 25.7 points 5.4 rebounds 5.7 assists 3.5 turnovers 1.1 steals on 60.3% TS.

https://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=dejounte-murray--ryan-rollins
payitforward
RealGM

Post#10 » by payitforward » Thu Jul 6, 2023 7:08 pm

https://stats.gleague.nba.com/player/1631157/?Season=2022-23&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&PerMode=Per40

Ahhh -- that was regular season. I'm going to look at him again for regular season & showcase combined...

His showcase numbers were very very good as well -- if not at the level of that 8-game 200 minute regular G League stretch.

Who knows how he'll work out, but this is definitely a very talented kid.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#11 » by payitforward » Sat Dec 9, 2023 2:37 am

Unbelievably, there has been no activity in this thread since early July!

Ryan Rollins has only gotten 49 minutes of playing time. Given how he's produced in those minutes, I don't understand why he doesn't see the floor.

For starters, in those 49 minutes, Rollins has scored 32 points at a TS% of .639.

Now... numbers over 49 minutes don't enable us to predict anything at all! That's obvious. But, you'd think they'd get him some more time on the court!

Hope it happens soon....
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,572

Post#12 » by nate33 » Sat Dec 9, 2023 4:01 am

payitforward wrote:Unbelievably, there has been no activity in this thread since early July!

Ryan Rollins has only gotten 49 minutes of playing time. Given how he's produced in those minutes, I don't understand why he doesn't see the floor.

For starters, in those 49 minutes, Rollins has scored 32 points at a TS% of .639.

Now... numbers over 49 minutes don't enable us to predict anything at all! That's obvious. But, you'd think they'd get him some more time on the court!

Hope it happens soon....

Basketball Reference says he is out with a knee injury and has no timetable for return.
payitforward
RealGM

Post#13 » by payitforward » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:40 pm

Thanks, nate. I should have googled first. Hope to see him back soon.
DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,006

Post#14 » by DCZards » Sat Dec 9, 2023 1:44 pm

Yeah…Rollins has been on the injured list for at least a couple of weeks. In another thread, a few weeks ago some of us were making the case that he and Butler should both get playing time to determine which one might possibly emerge as a quality backup PG.

Butler appears to be more poised and a better decision maker, but I really like Rollins’ athleticism and aggressiveness.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,980

Post#15 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:04 am

Read on Twitter
?s=46
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#16 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:38 am

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

WTAF?

Rollins has shown serious potential… and we gave up Davis Jackson to get him.
In Rizzo we trust
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#17 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 4:39 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=46

WTAF?

Rollins has shown serious potential… and we gave up Davis Jackson to get him.

Read on Twitter
Chuck Everett
RealGM
And1: 12,866

Post#18 » by Chuck Everett » Tue Jan 9, 2024 5:08 am

So essentially the Wizards got nothing for trading Chris Paul.
"Kill 'em with Grindness."
FAH1223
RealGM

Post#19 » by FAH1223 » Tue Jan 9, 2024 7:49 am

Chuck Everett wrote:So essentially the Wizards got nothing for trading Chris Paul.

They still have... Patrick Baldwin :lol:
pcbothwel
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,585

Post#20 » by pcbothwel » Tue Jan 9, 2024 1:01 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Chuck Everett wrote:So essentially the Wizards got nothing for trading Chris Paul.

They still have... Patrick Baldwin :lol:

Huh? We also got the tremendous value of Poole’s contract.

Seriously, they better hope Bilal hits and they hit a double with our 2024 pick, because right now I’m not impressed with the FO moves.
We could simply waived cp3 and been WAY better off. There were opportunities to get picks/ cap space, but they tried to get cute with Poole and completely failed on the evaluation.

Return to Washington Wizards