ImageImageImageImageImage

Most Hated Wizards of All Time

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

DCZards
RealGM
And1: 4,007

Re: Most Hated Wizards of All Time 

Post#41 » by DCZards » Mon Nov 13, 2023 3:15 pm

gambitx777 wrote:I hope Bradley Beal goes to see a movie on the last of of it's run and the power goes out before the ending and he doesn't get to see the ending on the big screen.

Beal will watch the ending in the comfort of his home. He likely has a bigger screen in his house than the one in the movie theater. :D
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,408

Post#42 » by NatP4 » Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:18 pm

I always liked Beal. I think the pathetic loser culture of the wizards just rubbed off on him slowly over time. Not his fault.
badinage
Bench Warmer
And1: 886

Post#43 » by badinage » Mon Nov 13, 2023 7:55 pm

^ Nah, that’s too easy. Too glib. He wasn’t a force, and didn’t create change. But acted as though he was, and pushed to get paid like a force.

We have to have a list for people who, though “good” in way or ways, nevertheless came to be symbolic of ineptitude/falling short/ultimately wasting our precious time with their teasing glimpses that were rarely more than that.

Beal
Juwan
Webber

Etc.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 110

Post#44 » by W. Unseld » Mon Nov 13, 2023 9:38 pm

Yeah, I didn't hate anyone, I would eventually get annoyed when they got the big contract and didn't produce but management shares the blame for that. I couldn't help but like 1/2 of our knuckleheads, it's totally the wrong mentality but if we weren't going to win at least I got to enjoy some the characters. I still crack up thinking of Nick Young trying to pull the Gilbert Arenas turn your back walk off 3 pointer only to have it rattle out.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,231

Post#45 » by AFM » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:54 am

Irrational fondness goes to my main man TYRONE NESBY
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,438

Post#46 » by doclinkin » Tue Nov 14, 2023 1:56 am

W. Unseld wrote:Yeah, I didn't hate anyone, I would eventually get annoyed when they got the big contract and didn't produce but management shares the blame for that. I couldn't help but like 1/2 of our knuckleheads, it's totally the wrong mentality but if we weren't going to win at least I got to enjoy some the characters. I still crack up thinking of Nick Young trying to pull the Gilbert Arenas turn your back walk off 3 pointer only to have it rattle out.

Likewise. I disliked MJ on this team, but that was residual hate for his pre wizards days. Plus he traded away Rip Hamilton. Otherwise there were few dislikable characters for me on the team. I truly appreciated some of our chuckleheads. I think JaVale got robbed robbed robbed in the dunk contest. Nobody will ever repeat the dunks he did. Three balls in one basket. Two baskets at the same time. Insane. Some years the shenanigans are all that kept the team interesting. There was talent and wasted potential, but at least that gave you hope that at some point Bulletproof Dray Blatche would mature and suddenly harness that insane talent. Or Swaggy P might defend, or JaVale might stop spacing out mid game. There was upside and therefore the possibility of hope. Better than teams full of no-talent good guys who are just incapable of wins and try hard, go on late season win streaks when sensible teams have shut it down, all to earn us the last spot outside the playoffs.
MikeTheKid
Head Coach
And1: 4,236

Post#47 » by MikeTheKid » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:08 am

This ain't even hard:
Crittenton because like everyone else said MURDER...
Jan Vesely because Jan
EG because he created much of this new milennium mess!!!

Can we add most hated Wizards posters on RealGM as well cause #1 is easy for me:
Millieie11 cause it had to be Ernie's kids defending him to the max and he's disappeared since Ernie got the boot!!!
trast66
Rookie
And1: 614

Post#48 » by trast66 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 3:27 am

Jordan Poole in only 10 games is shooting up the most hated charts.
gambitx777
General Manager
And1: 1,739

Post#49 » by gambitx777 » Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:12 am

I hope Brad's lawn care guy cuts his grass a bit to low and trims the wrong plants too low, pisses his wife off and he has to listen to it for the next 3-5 business days.

Sent from my SM-G991U1 using RealGM mobile app
leswizards
Pro Prospect
And1: 212

Post#50 » by leswizards » Tue Nov 14, 2023 8:08 pm

I hated Gil after gun gate because I was on espn board at the time, and trolls spent years bashing him, and he basically proved them right with his immaturity. Don’t really hate him or any other players (with the exception of the murderer).

I do hate 2 gms and a coach. (Nash, eg, and Eddie Jordan)
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,216

Post#51 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:17 pm

NatP4 wrote:I always liked Beal. I think the pathetic loser culture of the wizards just rubbed off on him slowly over time. Not his fault.

I disagree. Beal had the opportunity to show leadership (last season? season before that? can't remember) by calling a player's only meeting to say "hey let's stop whining about contracts and focus on playing better defense, winning is how we will all earn the cash we want" and instead he was the FIRST GAT DAYUM PLAYER the next day to whine about his contract. No. Absolutely not. This was a decision 100% under his control that he COMPLETELY effed up.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Zonkerbl
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,216

Post#52 » by Zonkerbl » Tue Nov 14, 2023 9:19 pm

leswizards wrote:I hated Gil after gun gate because I was on espn board at the time, and trolls spent years bashing him, and he basically proved them right with his immaturity. Don’t really hate him or any other players (with the exception of the murderer).

I do hate 2 gms and a coach. (Nash, eg, and Eddie Jordan)

I feel sorry for Gil because arthuritis. I have arthritis in my knees too and it's no joke.

But boy was that guy a world class ahole and he kinda got what was comin to him.
I've been taught all my life to value service to the weak and powerless.
Halcyon
Veteran
And1: 479

Post#53 » by Halcyon » Wed Nov 15, 2023 6:54 am

I think Crittenton is in a tier by himself. Aside from that

1) Andray Blatche: Selfish and lazy
2) Spencer Dinwiddie: He talks a lot for being a mediocre role player.
3) Jerome Robinson: He was actually the worst player I can remember that was a vet. Cannot believe he was the 13th pick
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,643

Post#54 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:17 pm

Zonkerbl wrote:
NatP4 wrote:I always liked Beal. I think the pathetic loser culture of the wizards just rubbed off on him slowly over time. Not his fault.

I disagree. Beal had the opportunity to show leadership (last season? season before that? can't remember) by calling a player's only meeting to say "hey let's stop whining about contracts and focus on playing better defense, winning is how we will all earn the cash we want" and instead he was the FIRST GAT DAYUM PLAYER the next day to whine about his contract. No. Absolutely not. This was a decision 100% under his control that he COMPLETELY effed up.

i agree. westbrook was able to effect more culture change in his one season than Beal has during his entire time with the wizards
Bullets -> Wizards
NatP4
RealGM
And1: 5,408

Post#55 » by NatP4 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:03 pm

nate33 wrote:Here's a few guys who I was irrationally fond of - far beyond their impact on the court:

Brendan Haywood
Mitchell Butler
Tomas Satoransky
Ish Smith
Garrison Matthews
Nene
Muresan

I go Otto Porter, Satoransky, Johnny Davis(you will convert sooner or later).

Conversely, feel like I was one of the biggest John Wall haters in the fan base. Always felt like he wasted a ton of talent and never cared much about winning or making winning plays. Was more about self than team and totally quit playing defense about 3-4 years into his career.

People scapegoated Randy Wittman, Gortat, and Otto Porter for the failures of that core when really it was a historically bad GM and a fraud superstar in Wall IMO.
bsilver
Pro Prospect
And1: 467

Post#56 » by bsilver » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:09 pm

Bradley Beal
Markief Morris
Christian Laettner (wasn't he here for a while?)

Irrational Fondness List
Andray Blatche
Kevin Seraphin
Josh Howard
Etan Thomas
Ledell Eackles
John "Hot Plate" Williams
Jason Smith
Kris Humphries
James Singleton
There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics — quote popularized by Mark Twain.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#57 » by Kanyewest » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:47 pm

pancakes3 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:

i agree. westbrook was able to effect more culture change in his one season than Beal has during his entire time with the wizards

Westbrook played better the last 2 months of the season than Beal, but Westbrook was below average the first two months of the season and was trash in the playoffs. Wizards were also better without Westbrook 4-3 and the Wizards were much worse without Beal (2-10). Granted it may have been a product of roster construction in that the Wizards had 2 other capable point guars in Neto and ISh Smith (although Garrison Matthews had a good season).
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,578

Post#58 » by nate33 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:50 pm

NatP4 wrote:
nate33 wrote:Here's a few guys who I was irrationally fond of - far beyond their impact on the court:

Brendan Haywood
Mitchell Butler
Tomas Satoransky
Ish Smith
Garrison Matthews
Nene
Muresan

I go Otto Porter, Satoransky, Johnny Davis(you will convert sooner or later).

Conversely, feel like I was one of the biggest John Wall haters in the fan base. Always felt like he wasted a ton of talent and never cared much about winning or making winning plays. Was more about self than team and totally quit playing defense about 3-4 years into his career.

People scapegoated Randy Wittman, Gortat, and Otto Porter for the failures of that core when really it was a historically bad GM and a fraud superstar in Wall IMO.

I agree about Wall. Highly overrated. He should have been a lot better but just didn't understand the distinction between a flashy play and a winning play. I also assign Wall the primary blame for the issue of overconfidence his teams always had. They routinely lost to bad teams because they weren't prepared enough and didn't take things seriously, even though they had superior talent.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,643

Post#59 » by pancakes3 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:56 pm

Kanyewest wrote:
pancakes3 wrote:
Zonkerbl wrote:

Westbrook played better the last 2 months of the season than Beal, but Westbrook was below average the first two months of the season and was trash in the playoffs. Wizards were also better without Westbrook 4-3 and the Wizards were much worse without Beal (2-10). Granted it may have been a product of roster construction in that the Wizards had 2 other capable point guars in Neto and ISh Smith (although Garrison Matthews had a good season).

I was strictly talking about culture change because the discussion was re: Beal's leadership. The energy in the arena was palpably different with Russ than without - haven't felt that energy since prime Gil. I'm not a fan of WB's style of play but you can't knock his hustle and his drive.

If WB's passion and Beal's talent somehow merged, you'd get a heck of a player. Prime Dame, probably.
Bullets -> Wizards
tontoz
RealGM
And1: 3,964

Post#60 » by tontoz » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:03 pm

I definitely didn't like Kief. I enjoyed it when Jokic punked him after one of his typical cheap shots.
"bulky agile perimeter bone crunch pick setting draymond green" WizD

Return to Washington Wizards