ImageImageImageImageImage

Landry Shamet is a Pro

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Re: Landry Shamet is a Pro 

Post#21 » by closg00 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:29 am

nate33 wrote:I don't think they'll pay him to come back, but it does speak to the strong culture they're trying to build here.

Aren't we on-the-hook for two more seasons? I appreciate his kind words, but I was unimpressed with his play and wished he was off-the-books.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,448

Post#22 » by mhd » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:39 am

closg00 wrote:
nate33 wrote:I don't think they'll pay him to come back, but it does speak to the strong culture they're trying to build here.

Aren't we on-the-hook for two more seasons? I appreciate his kind words, but I was unimpressed with his play and wished he was off-the-books.

His contract is pretty unique. We can waive him and his deal is non-guaranteed for the next two seasons by June 29 so he doesn't count on the books. If not (and we keep him), then we can do the same think next summer and his last year is non-guaranteed.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,540

Post#23 » by closg00 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 11:50 am

mhd wrote:
closg00 wrote:

His contract is pretty unique. We can waive him and his deal is non-guaranteed for the next two seasons by June 29 so he doesn't count on the books. If not (and we keep him), then we can do the same think next summer and his last year is non-guaranteed.

Oops, hadn't had my coffee and totally forgot, I can see why he would want to stick around as the vet on the bench. Thank you for your service Landry.

Return to Washington Wizards