ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part III)

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,148

Re: Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part III) 

Post#1101 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:45 pm

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/g ... nsah-bonsu

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Pop ... Bonsu-304/

I had no idea Pops was tearing it up that well in the D-League. Much as I like Richard Hendrix, Pops is #1 in scoring and efficiency per 48. Pops also blocks a lot of shots. He's dominated all 8 games he's played since coming over from Europe and is obviously a top notch athlete who's raised his skill level while abroad.

Even when he was with the Mavs it was clear Pops had NBA talent and was just stuck in a numbers game IIRC behind Brandon Bass.

I think Pops is better than Bass and will really help the Spurs if he goes there.
Bye bye Beal.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1102 » by fishercob » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:34 pm

He signed with the Spurs. Maybe he does help them win a title. Sorry you were offended by my flipness closg, i was joking around.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#1103 » by Dat2U » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:50 pm

I've watched Pops play in the Vegas Summer League the last two years. He's always impressed me with his effort, tenacity & athleticism. I never understood why he hadn't made it in the NBA thus far. He's also a real nice guy. Didn't hesitate to give autographs or take pictures with the fans. I overhead either a scout or a team representative offering advice to him one time and he responded to every suggestion with yes sir and was as polite as one could be.

He might not ever lead a team to a championship but he's a guy I'd love to have on a bench as that 12th thru 15th man. He's a real character guy and I still think he's got a decent upside if a team would really give him the chance.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#1104 » by Dat2U » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:53 pm

Oh, just to add, the Spurs know what their doing. He's a good fit for them and will easily fit into their locker room and into their team chemistry. I love the idea that he'll get to bang with Duncan every practice. That should do a world of good for him.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#1105 » by closg00 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:11 pm

fishercob wrote:He signed with the Spurs. Maybe he does help them win a title. Sorry you were offended by my flipness closg, i was joking around.

No-worries Fish, but yungal07 on the other hand :D

yungal07 wrote:And you're a chump who thinks another chump (Pops) is worth a contract. He's not even worth a one-day contract, let alone a 10 day one. :D

Yungal07, you gotta do your research before you open your mouth, otherwise you just make a complete a_ss out of yourself. :wink:

What I wouldn't give to have the Wiz organization tirelessly out-there looking for talent in all places. Keeping an eye on talented players that can be stolen like Mason or stashed away like Tiago Splitter. Evevn giving players from the D-League 10-day contracts just as a WTF. Portland & The Spurs are tops man.
RealGM

Post#1106 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:30 pm

In addition to Splitter, the Spurs also retain the draft rights to former Terp James Gist.

Like Pops, Gist is a high-riser. Gist is also a good defender who can score from midrange and in. I expect Gist to be on the Spurs roster some day.
Bye bye Beal.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1107 » by closg00 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:39 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:In addition to Splitter, the Spurs also retain the draft rights to former Terp James Gist.

Like Pops, Gist is a high-riser. Gist is also a good defender who can score from midrange and in. I expect Gist to be on the Spurs roster some day.

CCJ always one-step ahead :) Yep, the Spurs and their fans are keeping any eye on Gist as-well. The Spurs had the luxury of having Pops land in their laps while Gist is under-contract overseas.
It will be very interesting to see how the Spurs will use a player like Pops during a 10-day.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1108 » by yungal07 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:47 pm

closg00 wrote:
fishercob wrote:He signed with the Spurs. Maybe he does help them win a title. Sorry you were offended by my flipness closg, i was joking around.

yungal07 wrote:And you're a chump who thinks another chump (Pops) is worth a contract. He's not even worth a one-day contract, let alone a 10 day one. :D

Yungal07, you gotta do your research before you open your mouth, otherwise you just make a complete a_ss out of yourself. :wink:

What I wouldn't give to have the Wiz organization tirelessly out-there looking for talent in all places. Keeping an eye on talented players that can be stolen like Mason or stashed away like Tiago Splitter. Evevn giving players from the D-League 10-day contracts just as a WTF. Portland & The Spurs are tops man.

Oh please. You think because EG didn't waste a roster spot on a scrub (and yes Pops is a scrub) that he's not out there looking for talent? Guess what...Ernie probably had Pops' agent in his ear since the guy left school, and even then he still didn't give a flying crap about the guy.

And don't go there with Mason -- you were crying for literally 3 straight months about how the Wiz didn't sign Aaron Miles, and how Mason didn't cut it as a backup guard.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1109 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:53 am

yungal07 wrote:
closg00 wrote:

Oh please. You think because EG didn't waste a roster spot on a scrub (and yes Pops is a scrub) that he's not out there looking for talent? Guess what...Ernie probably had Pops' agent in his ear since the guy left school, and even then he still didn't give a flying crap about the guy.

And don't go there with Mason -- you were crying for literally 3 straight months about how the Wiz didn't sign Aaron Miles, and how Mason didn't cut it as a backup guard.

:o After your humiliation, I'm surprised you came back to this topic. Let it go.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#1110 » by yungal07 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:50 am

closg00 wrote: :o After your humiliation, I'm surprised you came back to this topic. Let it go.

LOL you're a dork. You're about to make it on my prestigious ignore list. One less whiner on the board for me.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#1111 » by go'stags » Thu Feb 26, 2009 5:52 am

I probably shouldnt step in, but I honestly dont care.

Closg00, dont take this the wrong way, but you offer nothing to this board. All you do is complain.. that is to say, you offer nothing. No analysis, nothing. The only posts you seem to make are "Oh noes! the {insert random team} signed {insert random player}! i wish we had signed him!" or something negative. You only point out "problems", with no solution offered. You spin literally evrything in a completley negative manner, even a win over the lebrons. Posters like you, but IMO mainly you, are the reason the board is going down and why we have lost a lot of key members like Kev, Jro, etc.

This has been building up with me for a long time, i had to let it out.
LyricalRico wrote:
Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
closg00
RealGM

Post#1112 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:04 pm

go'stags wrote:I probably shouldnt step in, but I honestly dont care.

Closg00, dont take this the wrong way, but you offer nothing to this board. All you do is complain.. that is to say, you offer nothing. No analysis, nothing. The only posts you seem to make are "Oh noes! the {insert random team} signed {insert random player}! i wish we had signed him!" or something negative. You only point out "problems", with no solution offered. You spin literally evrything in a completley negative manner, even a win over the lebrons. Posters like you, but IMO [u]mainly you, are the reason the board is going down[/u] and why we have lost a lot of key members like Kev, Jro, etc.

Don't despair, therapy is available for people like you. It's sad that you never had the courage to participate in any of the discussions that led up to you lashing out. Funny because what preceded on this thread, was me responding to "something negative" someone else posted in response to my post about Pops. I turned-out to be right on-the-facts. One poster was man-enough to admit they were wrong and the other : :roll:

Anyway, I hope you feel better now :wave:
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,445

Post#1113 » by doclinkin » Thu Feb 26, 2009 4:19 pm

Closg00, dont take this the wrong way, but you offer nothing to this board. All you do is complain.. that is to say, you offer nothing. No analysis, nothing. The only posts you seem to make are "Oh noes! the {insert random team} signed {insert random player}! i wish we had signed him!" or something negative. You only point out "problems", with no solution offered. You spin literally evrything in a completley negative manner, even a win over the lebrons. Posters like you, but IMO mainly you, are the reason the board is going down and why we have lost a lot of key members like Kev, Jro, etc.

Eh. The board isn't going down. We're just in a momentary lull. Sure we lost some quality posters to attrition, mainly I suspect due to real life: people making babies etc. But what really affected the quality of debate was the internecine bloodletting of the Eddie wars. There was a high level of irrationality and overly redundant repetitive repetition of the same old opinions informed or uninformed over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum with little room for conversation or point-counterpoint. It got personal and tiresome, and bled into absolutely every thread. At least now finally it's costrained to a single toxic wastedump of a thread.

Plus we lost an interesting and fun common enemy in SD20 who was able to stir debate and happy to be the object of vitriol. Never underestimate the usefulness of a good villain.

Then this year, we have lost a ton of games, it's far less exciting to be a fan of a team on a losing jag. Far more fingerpointing and raw nerves. Stable and sane people find better things to do with their time. Still, calling eachother out and fingerpointing tends to dumb down the conversation, unless you can be smart witty sarcastic funny and add content. And even then it's better to beat on Cavs fans instead of each other. No big deal, we all want the team to win (okay except this year-- or ji every year since the lotto is always the answer) we just differ on the methodology, no biggie.

No way were we adding Pops, but hey, he's a good prospect. It would be nice to develop the long-range foresight and good habits of a team like the Spurs, make sure to keep a roster spot and cap room free for a pick-up at position of need, or a plum free agent at just the right time.

As for the boards, I'm saying, debate is good, I like WzNasty for instance-- what's the point of ignoring someone who is always willing to battle for their point even when they're wrongheaded. Persistence is admirable. If you think you're smarter or better, then fine, introduce a better or smarter point. Or hey, be a smarter brand of smartass, either way. But c-los ain't the problem, he's alright, he's a Wiz fan, we're all stricken with the same virulent strain. Championship is the only cure.
go'stags
Sixth Man
And1: 29

Post#1114 » by go'stags » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:30 pm

All I ask for analysis, not just the same re-hashing of "We should have signed this D-leaguer!, EG Sucks!". I understand there is talent in the D-league to be found, but when people continually cry over the loss of the Aaron Miles of the league, it ges old.
LyricalRico wrote:

Speaking of giant penises, what's up with Bobby Simmons?.
yungal07
Banned User

Post#1115 » by yungal07 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:42 pm

I think the ugliness of this season is wearing on all of us.

Anyway, I want to extend my apologies to closeg00. Quite frankly, I've been torn all season defending some aspects of the team and not others. Choosing sides suck but in a crappy season like this, there's always a side that needs to be taken. I'm not ready to piss on everything Wizards just yet, and that's where my patience for your posts can wear thin at times.

Anyway, you are not on my ignore list...there's only one individual on it, and trust me when I say my realgm experience is much better for it. :D
closg00
RealGM

Post#1116 » by closg00 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:07 pm

yungal07 wrote:I think the ugliness of this season is wearing on all of us.

Anyway, I want to extend my apologies to closeg00. Quite frankly, I've been torn all season defending some aspects of the team and not others. Choosing sides suck but in a crappy season like this, there's always a side that needs to be taken. I'm not ready to piss on everything Wizards just yet, and that's where my patience for your posts can wear thin at times.

Anyway, you are not on my ignore list...there's only one individual on it, and trust me when I say my realgm experience is much better for it. :D

Hey! It's all-good Yung :party: all of us on here ARE Wiz fans & fans of hoops in-general. Often times are post are mis-understood, and some people perceive things as negative, when what really is being expressed is frustration that we are not playing well...and all of us have our opinions on how/where to fix things :D . I am hoping for a clean slate when we have a new coach, but I will not hesitate to disagree with moves I do not like, and to advocate for players I wish we had *Cough* Pops :)
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#1117 » by BigA » Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:25 pm

The WizBoard this year reminds me of that last scene in Platoon.

CHRIS (V.O.)

I think now, looking back, we did not fight the
enemy, we fought ourselves - and the enemy was in us
... The war is over for me now, but it will always be
there - the rest of my days. As I am sure DCZards will
be - fighting with JWizmentality for what Rhah called
possession of my soul ... There are times since I
have felt like the child born of those two fathers
... but be that as it may, those of us who did make
it have an obligation to build again, to teach to
others what we know and to try with what's left of
our lives to find a goodness and meaning to this life
RealGM

Post#1118 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:52 am

doclinkin wrote:

Eh. The board isn't going down. We're just in a momentary lull. Sure we lost some quality posters to attrition, mainly I suspect due to real life: people making babies etc. But what really affected the quality of debate was the internecine bloodletting of the Eddie wars. There was a high level of irrationality and overly redundant repetitive repetition of the same old opinions informed or uninformed over and over and over and over and over and over ad nauseum with little room for conversation or point-counterpoint. It got personal and tiresome, and bled into absolutely every thread. At least now finally it's costrained to a single toxic wastedump of a thread.

Plus we lost an interesting and fun common enemy in SD20 who was able to stir debate and happy to be the object of vitriol. Never underestimate the usefulness of a good villain.

Then this year, we have lost a ton of games, it's far less exciting to be a fan of a team on a losing jag. Far more fingerpointing and raw nerves. Stable and sane people find better things to do with their time. Still, calling eachother out and fingerpointing tends to dumb down the conversation, unless you can be smart witty sarcastic funny and add content. And even then it's better to beat on Cavs fans instead of each other. No big deal, we all want the team to win (okay except this year-- or ji every year since the lotto is always the answer) we just differ on the methodology, no biggie.

No way were we adding Pops, but hey, he's a good prospect. It would be nice to develop the long-range foresight and good habits of a team like the Spurs, make sure to keep a roster spot and cap room free for a pick-up at position of need, or a plum free agent at just the right time.

As for the boards, I'm saying, debate is good, I like WzNasty for instance-- what's the point of ignoring someone who is always willing to battle for their point even when they're wrongheaded. Persistence is admirable. If you think you're smarter or better, then fine, introduce a better or smarter point. Or hey, be a smarter brand of smartass, either way. But c-los ain't the problem, he's alright, he's a Wiz fan, we're all stricken with the same virulent strain. Championship is the only cure.

The board is fine.

The Wizards really suck this season. Most of the news has been bad.

The posters who left didn't take debate with them.

No poster is the problem.

Take a look at the Wizards record, their injuries, the cap, the coaching situation and do try and be positive.

Yeah, right.

I guess it's only natural that dissenting opinions are going to be taken the wrong way and people won't be too happy.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,820

Post#1119 » by Rafael122 » Sat Feb 28, 2009 12:31 am

Who left? As far as I know, most of us are still here?

I haven't watched a single minute of basketball until tonight, and that's only because Obama is there. I'm much more interested in the offseason and I can't wait for that.

Question for the board: will Kevin Pritchard become the next John Paxson in the sense that he'll fall in love with his young players and not trade a couple of them for a game changing power forward, i.e. Amare?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#1120 » by LyricalRico » Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:43 am

Rafael122 wrote:Question for the board: will Kevin Pritchard become the next John Paxson in the sense that he'll fall in love with his young players and not trade a couple of them for a game changing power forward, i.e. Amare?

I don't think Paxson's problem was liking players that were young. It was liking players that weren't all that good. Curry was a decent scorer who didn't do anything else but eat. Chandler is only good when playing with an elite PG. Crawford, Hinrich, and Deng are all overpaid third option players. Some of them are nice pieces to have but none of them should be cornerstones, which is what Paxson tried to make them. He was an absolute idiot for not gutting his team to get Garnett when the possibility existed.

Pritchard, on the other hand, has three studs in Roy, Aldridge, and Fernandez plus a freak of nature in Oden. He'd be wrong NOT to build around them. Maybe you think Stoudamire or Bosh would be better than Aldrdge but I don't think the margin of difference is large enough relative to what they would have to give up in the deal to make it worth their while. Other than the Miles fiasco, Pritchard has been brilliant and I fully expect that to continue.

Return to Washington Wizards