ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part III)

Moderators: montestewart, LyricalRico, nate33

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#61 » by fishercob » Tue May 13, 2008 4:36 pm

Would going after Barbosa and Diaw hurt the Knicks' chances of going after certain free agents now playing in northeast Ohio?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#62 » by LyricalRico » Tue May 13, 2008 6:05 pm

^ Regardless of what the Knicks do, they'll have to dump Randolph in order for any LeBron scenario to work. Yes, my trade would add some cap (Diaw+Barbosa for Jeffries+Rose+Balkman) but it would also give them better complimentary players to have around LeBron. Why would he come to NY if they had no chance to win?

I think they should do this deal to install D'Antoni's system faster and get better right away. Then they worry about dumping Randolph and Curry over the next year or so.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,580

Post#63 » by nate33 » Wed May 14, 2008 3:26 pm

I don't see the Suns doing that Rico. Barbosa had an off year this year; but two years ago, the guy was on the verge of becoming a star (while locked into a very good contract).

The Suns will demand more value for Barbosa than a bunch of role players. Barbosa's game is kind of similar to Crawford's anyhow. The Knicks can live without him.

Something like Diaw for Jeffries + Lee could make sense. Phoenix gets a more conventional PF to play a more conventional system plus they get an extra wing defender to take the burden off of Grant Hill. D'Antoni gets a versatile big man who could help impliment his system.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#64 » by LyricalRico » Tue May 20, 2008 2:37 pm

4-team blockbuster!

Cavs trade: Ben Wallace and 2009 first
Cavs receive: Randolph and Hassell

Knicks trade: Randolph and Curry
Knicks receive: Ford, Kapono, and Van Horn

Raptors trade: Ford and Kapono
Raptors receive: Wallace and CLE 09 first

Nets trade: Hassell and Van Horn
Nets receive: Curry

TRADE ID - N/A
(Will work once Ford's BYC expires.)

Why for New Jersey? They essentially get Curry for nothing. If they can get him in decent shape to where he can average 15 and 7 it would be a steal for them.

Curry/S.Williams
Boone/Swift
Jefferson/Gallinari(#11)
Carter/Ager
Harris/M.Williams

Why for Toronto? This gives them improved size/defense and allows them to commit to Calderon longterm. It also helps their longterm cap and gives them the option to possibly trade Bust-nani.

Wallace/Nesterovic
Bosh/Bargnani/Humphries
Moon/Graham
Parker/CDR(#17)
Calderon/FA

Why for New York? They dump their worst contracts and the two guys who are the anthesis of D'Antoni's quick, team oriented style. They take a chance on Ford and get a pure shooter. I could see them taking Kevin Love and using him as a small ball center.

Love(#5)/James
Lee/Jeffries/Rose
QRich/Chandler
Crawford/Kapono
Ford/Robinson

Why for Cleveland? They take a chance on Randolph being LeBron's second fiddle and Hassell fits their defensive style. They don't care about contracts, they just want LeBron to stay.

Ilgauskas/Verajao
Randolph/Smith
LeBron/Wally
Pavlovic/Rush/Hassell
West/Gibson

The only issue I see with this is perhaps Toronto not getting enough value but when you consider Ford's injury risk and the cap savings, I think it works for them.

Thoughts?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#65 » by nate33 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:05 pm

The Raptors definitely wouldn't do it, Rico. Wallace has one of the worst contracts in the league. The Raptors aren't trading Ford for him.

Also, I'm not sure if Cleveland would be willing to cough up their 1st rounder in the Randolph acquisition. Randolph's cotnract is so bad that I think Wallace for Randolph straight up is fair.

I like it for the Nets and Knicks.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#66 » by LyricalRico » Tue May 20, 2008 3:38 pm

nate33 wrote:The Raptors definitely wouldn't do it, Rico. Wallace has one of the worst contracts in the league. The Raptors aren't trading Ford for him.

Also, I'm not sure if Cleveland would be willing to cough up their 1st rounder in the Randolph acquisition. Randolph's cotnract is so bad that I think Wallace for Randolph straight up is fair.

I like it for the Nets and Knicks.

I think Cleveland will be willing to do anything to get LeBron to stay regardless of the cost. Randolph gives them scoring punch and he could flourish as the sidekick to a superstar (a role he's never played before). I also don't think that New York wants Ben Wallace so another team has to be involved and they'll need some kind of sweetener to take Wallace.

That's where Toronto comes in but I still haven't figured out how to make it better for Toronto. What about adding a pick swap between Toronto and NY? Toronto gets the #5 and the Knicks get the #17 and the CLE 09 first?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#67 » by nate33 » Tue May 20, 2008 3:57 pm

LyricalRico wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think Cleveland will be willing to do anything to get LeBron to stay regardless of the cost. Randolph gives them scoring punch and he could flourish as the sidekick to a superstar (a role he's never played before). I also don't think that New York wants Ben Wallace so another team has to be involved and they'll need some kind of sweetener to take Wallace.

That's where Toronto comes in but I still haven't figured out how to make it better for Toronto. What about adding a pick swap between Toronto and NY? Toronto gets the #5 and the Knicks get the #17 and the CLE 09 first?

I just don't see Toronto getting involved with this. Send Ben somewhere else. New York isn't going to trade away the #5 pick.

I think Wallace would be a pretty good fit in New York alongside Curry. I think a straght up Randolph for Wallace swap makes sense for both teams. I guess Wallace isn't the kind of player D'Antoni is looking for though.

I can't believe the Knicks hired D'Antonio. His coaching style is such a bad fit with the players they have there.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#68 » by LyricalRico » Wed May 21, 2008 9:31 pm

Melo for Redd?

Bucks trade: Redd, Simmons, and Charlie V
Nuggets trade: Melo and KMart
(Will work after Melo's BYC expires.)

Denver gets some longterm cap relief while maintaining their scoring punch.

Camby/Hunter
Nene/Villanueva
Klieza/Simmons
Redd/JRSmith
Iverson/Chalmers[#20]

Milwaukee gets a better superstar and help up front.

Bogut/Gadzuric
KMart/Yi
Melo/Mason
Gordon[#8]/Bell
M.Williams/Ivey
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,485

Post#69 » by mhd » Wed May 21, 2008 10:10 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Melo for Redd?

Bucks trade: Redd, Simmons, and Charlie V
Nuggets trade: Melo and KMart
(Will work after Melo's BYC expires.)

Denver gets some longterm cap relief while maintaining their scoring punch.

Camby/Hunter
Nene/Villanueva
Klieza/Simmons
Redd/JRSmith
Iverson/Chalmers[#20]

Milwaukee gets a better superstar and help up front.

Bogut/Gadzuric
KMart/Yi
Melo/Mason
Gordon[#8]/Bell
M.Williams/Ivey

JR Smith can be basically Redd at 10% of the price.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#70 » by LyricalRico » Thu May 22, 2008 12:07 pm

Am I the only one who isnt' enamored with JR Smith? I think he's a hot head who occasionally hits a few 3's in a row. But I don't think he'll ever be a consistent starter in the league. Am I alone on that?
TheKingOfVa360
General Manager
And1: 1,663

Post#71 » by TheKingOfVa360 » Thu May 22, 2008 3:04 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Am I the only one who isnt' enamored with JR Smith? I think he's a hot head who occasionally hits a few 3's in a row. But I don't think he'll ever be a consistent starter in the league. Am I alone on that?

Jr Smith can be a star in this league. It's a rare a guy can be such a good slasher and a good long range shooter.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,186

Post#72 » by Dat2U » Thu May 22, 2008 3:16 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Am I the only one who isnt' enamored with JR Smith? I think he's a hot head who occasionally hits a few 3's in a row. But I don't think he'll ever be a consistent starter in the league. Am I alone on that?

If your not enamored with J.R. Smith then I wonder what you think of Nick Young?
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#73 » by LyricalRico » Thu May 22, 2008 4:16 pm

Dat2U wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If your not enamored with J.R. Smith then I wonder what you think of Nick Young?

I was one of the guys proclaiming Nick to be a bust after he stunk up the Vegas Summer League. Since then he's shown himself to be otherwise. He's perfect as a scorer off the bench for the Wiz and I think he could be a solid starter by the end of his rookie contract.

Smith has many of the same talents that young has. The problem I have with Smith is character, but not just off the court. I think it also encompasses things like work ethic, decision making, defensive effort, etc.

Young seems like he could fit in with a good team. I don't think he'll be a primary option type of player, but a consistent starter who plays within the team concept. JRSmith looks like Ricky Davis to me - lots of offensive talent but who's brightest moment will be little more than being a volume scorer on a bad team.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#74 » by closg00 » Sun May 25, 2008 2:58 pm

This is a joke right? The Cavs are considering signing Robert "Tractor" Traylor??? Like the Cavs need more size and bulk. Perhaps the Cavs are assembling a football team
http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wireta ... er_league/
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#75 » by fishercob » Mon May 26, 2008 2:10 am

Joakim Noah smokes pot? I am flabbergasted.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
penbeast0
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
Senior Mod - NBA Player Comparisons
And1: 8,787

Post#76 » by penbeast0 » Mon May 26, 2008 2:14 am

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I can't believe the Knicks hired D'Antonio. His coaching style is such a bad fit with the players they have there.

Are you seriously telling me that there is a coach whose style is a GOOD fit with the players the Knicks have? Even Doug Moe would go nuts over their lack of discipline!
“Most people use statistics like a drunk man uses a lamppost; more for support than illumination,” Andrew Lang.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#77 » by LyricalRico » Mon May 26, 2008 4:57 pm

fishercob wrote:Joakim Noah smokes pot? I am flabbergasted.

:rofl:

In other Bulls news, apparently Hinrich is a hot commodity, with Denver allegedly interested. Maybe Hinrich and Gooden for KMart and Atkins? Or what about Hinrich/Nocioni/Noah for KMart/Camby/B.Jones?
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#78 » by miller31time » Mon May 26, 2008 6:51 pm

penbeast0 wrote:Even Doug Moe would go nuts over their lack of discipline!

:lol:

But really, I think they could use a hard-ass coach who won't take any crap, yet, deep down inside, is a good guy who the players enjoy playing for.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#79 » by LyricalRico » Wed May 28, 2008 3:18 pm

WireTap says that Michael Redd and the Bucks organization "are no longer on the same page" and that Cleveland might trade for him. Can you imagine if Cleveland were to trade Wally/filler for Redd and also did the Wallace for Randolph trade we've been talking about?

Ilgauskas/Verajao
Randolph/Smith
LeBron/Rush(#19)
Redd/Pavlovic
West/Gibson

Yeah...that team would beat us for a 4th year in a row.
MDStar
Senior
And1: 95

Post#80 » by MDStar » Thu May 29, 2008 6:49 pm

I just can't imagine, Redd going for just Wally and filler. He worth much more than that IMO.
Just let the young boys play! It's truly the only hope at this point.

Return to Washington Wizards