ImageImageImageImageImage

Discussing Other Teams' Moves (Part III)

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#81 » by LyricalRico » Thu May 29, 2008 7:59 pm

^ Well, that was just speculation on my part. The article didn't say anything about any specific deals being discussed. Besides, "filler" could mean a lot of things. It could mean the #19 pick or a guy like Pavlovic going to the Bucks. I'm just thinking that the numbers would dictate Wally being at the center of the deal.
Wiz99
Analyst
And1: 161

Post#82 » by Wiz99 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 12:54 pm

Anyone else wonder how it is star players like Gasol, KG, maybe even Redd (see Nate's potential trade above) or Camby (see rumors of Chicago acquiring him for Hinrich) can all be had for pennies on the dollar...

...but the Wiz don't ever seem to be in the mix?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,813

Post#83 » by Rafael122 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 3:57 pm

"Pistons eye Carmelo."

If only they had drafted him in the first place, idiots.

Wiz99 - the Wizards don't have a lot of trade assets. You're either gonna have to part with Arenas, Butler, or Jamison, one of those 3 to get a KG or Gasol or a Camby. And quite simply I'd rather not do that.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#84 » by LyricalRico » Sun Jun 8, 2008 5:02 pm

Rafael122 wrote:"Pistons eye Carmelo."

After BYCs expire:

Pistons trade: Bullups, Prince, and Sheed
Nuggets trade: Melo, Camby, and Atkins

Nene/Sheed
Sheed/Martin
Prince/Klieza
Iverson/JRSmith
Billups/Iverson

Camby/Maxiell
Dice/Johnson
Melo/#28
Hamilton/Afflalo
Stuckey/Atkins
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#85 » by Wiz99 » Sun Jun 8, 2008 9:41 pm

Rafael122 wrote:"Pistons eye Carmelo."

If only they had drafted him in the first place, idiots.

Wiz99 - the Wizards don't have a lot of trade assets. You're either gonna have to part with Arenas, Butler, or Jamison, one of those 3 to get a KG or Gasol or a Camby. And quite simply I'd rather not do that.

Well, that's where I guess we differ.

But can you at least agree it churns your stomach to watch the Lakers & Celtics, with Gasol and KG added to their transcendent player (we have Gil) plus second tier all star (Butler, who's waaaaayyyyy better than both Odom and Allen)?

That could be the Wiz with a real post player, instead of Captain Dipsey Doodle, king of the two-step-and-a-junk-shot.

Anyone who'd rather have Jamison than KG and Gasol ought to just turn on the game at 9 pm this evening and notice the jersey colors AREN'T ours.
Macker
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#86 » by Macker » Mon Jun 9, 2008 1:19 am

I just watched Gasol completely fake out Kevin Garnett on 1 play with a fake move right and a left-handed hook the other, then come down in the post again and power a jam right in KG's face. Finesse AND power.

Yah, definitely.

We're better off not having Gasol on our team.

When the history of this Finals is written, it will swing on which blockbuster trade mattered more: KG or Gasol. But there will be no argument that these two guys put their teams in contention.

Anyone around here who'd rather have Jamison, as nice a guy as he is, is just a fool.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,573

Post#87 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 12:01 pm

Wiz99 wrote:Anyone who'd rather have Jamison than KG and Gasol ought to just turn on the game at 9 pm this evening and notice the jersey colors AREN'T ours.

I think just about everybody on the board would have gladly traded Jamison for Gasol. I'd have thrown in a few picks to see that deal happen. Heck, I advocated trading Arenas for Gasol at the start of last season.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,455

Post#88 » by mhd » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:45 pm

MY IDEA AT FIXING THE KNICKS TO GET LEBRON......

Here are multiple trades the get cap space when Lebron becomes a FA. The idea is to trade all players who are under contract during the Lebron FA year (Zbo, Jefferies, Crawford, and Curry).

TRADE 1:
Knicks trade:
1) 6th pick
2) Zach Randolph
to Kings,
FOR:
1) Kenny Thomas
2) SAR
3) Francisco Garcia
4) 12th pick

WHY FOR THE KINGS?
1) They upgrade at a major need area and move up in the draft.
WHY FOR THE KNICKS?
1) The idea is the get cap sapce. SAR and Kenny Thomas expire a year sooner. They can still get a tlanted player at 12.
TRADE 2:
Knicks trade:
1) Jared Jefferies
2) Jamal Crawford
3) Malik Rose (expiring)
for:
1) Etan Thomas
2) Antonio Daniels
3) Brian Cardinal
4) #18 overall

Memphis trades:
1) Kyle Lowry
2) Brian Cardinal
for:
1) Jamal Crawford

Wizards trade:
1) Antonio Daniels
2) Etan Thomas
3) #18 overall
for:
1) Malik Rose (expiring)
2) Jared Jefferies

WHY FOR THE KNICKS?
1) Again, to get two contracts they need to move for shorter contracts.
2) Getting the 18th could be used to add a player like Batum, Buddinger, etc.

WHY FOR THE Grizz?
1) 2g is the weakest spot. They are not looking to add big money, but Crawford would fit in nicely alongside Conley and Gay.
2) They move a player they have an abundance for in Lowry and a player that doesn't play in Cardinal for a player that plays a need position.

WHY FOR THE WIZARDS?
1) They clear out of luxary tax danger with the expiring of Rose.
2) Lowry would be a clear upgrade at PG over Daniels.
TRADE 3:
Knicks trade:
1) Eddy Curry
for:
1) Antoine Walker
2) #31 overall

Minny trades:
1) Walker
2) Jaric
3) Mccants
4) #31
5) #34
for:
1) Eddy Curry
2) JJ Reddick
3) Tony Battie
4) #22 overall

Magic trade:
1) #22 overall
2) Reddick
3) Battie
for:
1) #34 overall
2) Mccants
3) Jaric

WHY FOR THE Knicks?
1) Again to get a contract that expires sooner in Walker.
2) Early 2nd rounder can be used to get talent.

WHY FOR THE Wolves?
1) They trade away Walker for a player in Curry who could be play well next to Jefferson.
2) Getting Jaric for Battie is a win as they get a contract that expires a year sooner.
3) They are rumored to be going after a 2nd 1st rounder. The 22nd could be used to get a talented player.

Why for the Magic?
1) Mccants would be a great fit as a scoring threat at the SG.
2) Jaric would add valuable depth at the 1, 2, and 3.
3) Going down from 22 to 34 is not a big jump.
4) With Mayo coming in, Mccants is expendable.

MOCK DRAFT
1) Bulls-Rose
2) Heat-Beasley
3) Minny-Mayo
4) Sonics-Bayless
5) Memphis-Love
6) Sacremento (from Knicks)-Westbrook
7) Clippers-Gordon
8) Bucks-Galinari
9) Bobcats-Lopez
10) Nets-Randolph
11) Pacers-Augustine
12) Knicks (from Kings)-Jordan
13) Portland-Alexander
14) GSW-Koufus
15) Suns-Rush
16) Philly-Arthur
17) Toronto-Greene
18) Knicks (from Wizards)-Speights
19) Cavs-Buddinger
20) Nuggets-Lawson
21) Nets-Batum
22) Minny (from Magic)-CDR
23) Utah-Hibbert
24) Sonics-Ibaka
25) Houston-Mcghee
26) Spurs-Lopez
27) Hornets-Ajnica
28) Memphis-Jason Thompson
29) Pistons-Hardin
30) Boston-Hudson
31) Knicks-Bill Walker

NEW KNICKS LINEUP:
PG: Marbury/Daniels/Robinson
SG: Garcia/Walker/Collins
SF: QRICH/Chandler/Balkman
PF: Lee/Speights/Cardinal
C: Etan Thomas/Jordan/James

Yes, this team will be the worst team in the nba next year. But they have two young bigs to grow (Speights and Jordan), a guy in Garcia who could average 20 a game, and mucho cap space for Lebron. They can also trade Marbury for some help at the deadline if need be.
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#89 » by Wiz99 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 2:55 pm

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I think just about everybody on the board would have gladly traded Jamison for Gasol. I'd have thrown in a few picks to see that deal happen. Heck, I advocated trading Arenas for Gasol at the start of last season.

I'm not so sure. There are some fans who'd ride Jamison's jock no matter what. They tend to overlap with the "We love EJ" crowd. Pretty much an "all is well, no need for change, if we'd only stay healthy we're contenders" faction on this board.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,573

Post#90 » by nate33 » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:50 pm

mhd wrote:Wizards trade:
1) Antonio Daniels
2) Etan Thomas
3) #18 overall
for:
1) Malik Rose (expiring)
2) Jared Jefferies

AD and Etan each have 2 years on their contracts. Rose has 1 year, Jeffries has 3 years. Effectively, this is a salary-neutral swap of overpaid players. Only AD is better than Jeffries and Etan is better than Rose. There is no way we should be the ones throwing in a first round pick. If anything, they should.

Also, I don't see the Knicks trading away the #6 pick just to dump Randolph. The Lebron James Scenario isn't a sure enough thing for them to make such a gamble. I can definitely see New York shopping Randolph around for shorter contracts, but they won't include picks to make it happen. They'll be better off hoping for a resurgence in Randolph's game and then trying to trade him later on. If that doesn't work, they can trade Curry who has a slightly more reasonable contract.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,455

Post#91 » by mhd » Mon Jun 9, 2008 3:53 pm

nate33 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

AD and Etan each have 2 years on their contracts. Rose has 1 year, Jeffries has 3 years. Effectively, this is a salary-neutral swap of overpaid players. Only AD is better than Jeffries and Etan is better than Rose. There is no way we should be the ones throwing in a first round pick. If anything, they should.

Also, I don't see the Knicks trading away the #6 pick just to dump Randolph. The Lebron James Scenario isn't a sure enough thing for them to make such a gamble. I can definitely see New York shopping Randolph around for shorter contracts, but they won't include picks to make it happen. They'll be better off hoping for a resurgence in Randolph's game and then trying to trade him later on. If that doesn't work, they can trade Curry who has a slightly more reasonable contract.

Ugh, forgot to say that we get Lowry in that deal.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#92 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jun 9, 2008 8:51 pm

Thoughts on this:

Portland trades: LaFrentz and Jack
Chicago trades: Kirk Hinrich
(Will work after BYC expires.)
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#93 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:06 am

If one expects Hinrich can regain his previous form now that he's out from underneath the thumb of Skiles, then this would be a steal for Portland.

In the 06-07 season Capt. Kirk averaged 16.6 ppg, 6.3 apg, and more than 1 steal per game. To get him for an undeveloped PG plus an aging stiff would be grand theft.

I'd hope the Wiz could come up with something better than that. AD and Songaila? AD's better than Jack if you want a crafty vet to mentor Rose, and Songaila is at least a serviceable PF, which is more than you can say about Raef.

But I doubt the Bulls are willing to sell Hinrich so cheap on the dollar.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#94 » by LyricalRico » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:10 am

^ The fact that Raef has an expiring doesn't help things?
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#95 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 pm

LyricalRico wrote:^ The fact that Raef has an expiring doesn't help things?

Only if you assume the Bulls are in a hurry to dump a 16 ppg 6 apg PG who was a notch below all star level a couple years ago.

I can't believe they've got their sights set so low.

Over on the Bulls board they're talking about Hinrich being the centerpiece (with a few of the baby bulls) in a swap for Brand.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#96 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:15 pm

Wiz99 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Over on the Bulls board they're talking about Hinrich being the centerpiece (with a few of the baby bulls) in a swap for Brand.

:rofl:
They've still gotta be kicking themselves for ever trading that guy. That was their "Chris Webber" trade, which is defined as a trade that results in a decade of diehard fans doing this: :banghead:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#97 » by Ruzious » Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:10 pm

Wiz99 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I'm not so sure. There are some fans who'd ride Jamison's jock no matter what. They tend to overlap with the "We love EJ" crowd. Pretty much an "all is well, no need for change, if we'd only stay healthy we're contenders" faction on this board.

It's actually my fault that we didn't trade for Gasol. I knew he was a great individual player, but I didn't realize he could blend into a team so well at both ends of the court.
Wiz99
Analyst

Post#98 » by Wiz99 » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:34 pm

Ruzious wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

It's actually my fault that we didn't trade for Gasol. I knew he was a great individual player, but I didn't realize he could blend into a team so well at both ends of the court.

Well, at least you're man enuf to own up to your mistakes. ;)
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#99 » by spaceman_E » Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:59 pm

I really hope the Blazers get Joe Alexander. SF is their biggest position of need and I think I might have a no.2 team to root for with
Blake/Jack/Sergio
Roy/
Alexander/Outlaw/Webster
Aldridge/Frye/mcroberts
Oden/Pryz/Lafrentz

That team is stacked and very young. Let them take their lumps in the playoffs a couple years, then Phil Jackson comes out of retirement and they win 3 or 4 titles.
You don't win friends with salad.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#100 » by doclinkin » Tue Jun 10, 2008 6:45 pm

spaceman_E wrote:I really hope the Blazers get Joe Alexander. SF is their biggest position of need and I think I might have a no.2 team to root for with
Blake/Jack/Sergio
Roy/ RudyFernandez
Alexander/Outlaw/Webster
Aldridge/Frye/mcroberts
Oden/Pryz/Lafrentz

That team is stacked and very young. Let them take their lumps in the playoffs a couple years, then Phil Jackson comes out of retirement and they win 3 or 4 titles.

You missed one. Rudy is going to be a solid player in the NBA, plays like Roy, though a slight drop-off in defense. But he's become a team leader on every squad he's played, even on a veteran Spanish team.

Return to Washington Wizards