ImageImageImageImageImage

Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2)

Moderators: nate33, montestewart, LyricalRico

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,271

Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2) 

Post#1 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:01 pm

Placeholder here. I may not get time to do a metabreakdown. Much analysis borrowed liberally from arch-astrologist Gary Goldschneider (Secret Language of Birthdays, et al). When we get the archives back I'll link to the full explanation. But read for enjoyment only. No point getting too wrapped up in this if it's your birthday I'm quoting about. Just food for thought. Remember millionaires don't read their horoscopes. But billionaires do.

doclinkin wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:
doclinkin wrote:BTW, still sulking at the (temporary?) death of the 'Left Field Analysis' thread (and not prepping a MetaDraft in protest, probably) but as for the metas on whether he lives up to his potential/becomes a team player or simply thinks he's better than he is: DGreene shares a birthday with underachieving megatalent Steve Francis, and next to zero other NBAers ever.

I share the same birthday as Francis and Greene so I'm going to have to stick up for them. I would say Francis did exceed expectations considering he was a junior college transfer that eventually became a 3 time all star. Of course, Francis didn't handle the Vancouver Grizzlies situation well, but he has had little off court problems if any.

Francis couldn't take Houston out of the 1st round against the Shaq/Kobe Lakers, so they traded him. But the Rockets haven't fared any better since trading him for T-Mac. While Francis is a talented piece, he just did not fit in as a starter for a young rebuilding team in Orlando. Injuries have made Francis into a marginal player. Sure he had his flaws as a player (low basketball IQ being the biggest)

And when a young Michael Jordan entered the league, nobody else born February 17 had done squat.

Funny.

OOh you're gonna sucker me into re-starting the Official Loopy Wingnut Thread and prepping a metadraft I tell ya. Okay, let's look at this as though we were 100% completely serious:

The question is how do you evaluate a player's ability to live up to their potential. Guys like the KFB and others have demonstrated that you can have the physique of a God of War and the 'noive' of the Cowardly Lion. Conversely A DWade can be the most dominant player on the floor on a team that has Shaquille O'neal. What's the metric for that?

In the predraft camp we get the physical measurements, wingspan, weight, bodyfat, the length of their uh socks, Their relative athletics in various representational hoop-jumping poodle tricks. But how do you measure what the old folks used to call moxie or spunk? What tools can you use to dissect their grit, will, determination and ball smarts. Not to mention personal character. How do you measure the 'size of the fight in the dog' so to speak.

Football uses the wunderlic test. I don't believe basketball execs give any psychological test. I suspect they do a little background checks, mostly informal, calling a guy's past coaches, talking to connections they have in various programs, finding out a little about their background and family. Then have a chat with a player for a few minutes after the workout.

But us keyboard Nostradamusses don't even get that much. At best we can work our google ninja skills and spy out interviews from college and highschool AAU ball, etc. But otherwise nada.

Now you could stick with the old tried and true method that suggests you look at a player's statistical production over their college career and ignore most everything else. That you let the facts stand for themselves, and draft every undersized big-bellied frontcourt player they got because they remind you of the guy you used to be back when you could ball with the best of 'em.

Or you could say 'facts schmackts'! And rely on the stars to tell you the Truth.

Steve Francis. Here's a guy who had a powerful talent, drafted high in the draft. A supernova in college. But he never quite fulfilled expectations. College to NBA, teams won more when he left than when he was racking up stats on them. Not a bad guy, not a locker room cancer, just --like you said-- his BBall IQ was low, or anyway his Team sense was never quite as developed as his personal talents.

So checking with the Oracle, do we get any insight on a cat who shares a birthday with Nina Simone or Anais Nin.
A quick read suggests a person who is emotionally deep, self-aware to the point of self-involvement, honest, dissatisfied, possibly depressive, complex, emotionally sensitive. Strong ego, powerful feelings, to the point where it's tough to take criticism since they tend to take it as a personal attack. In public setting they may have difficulty developing a tough skin, turning inward instead.

True? Not? How the hell do I know. I'm just saying, that's what the source says. And it's not like fellow birthdaymate NBAer (St John's teammate of Ron Artest) Erick Barkley ever had a successful career as an NBAer overcoming odds and battling fiercely despite being a fairly well-ranked PG that draft.

Compare and contrast with your MJ example, who definitely had the physical bonafides and college track record of success and shares a birthday with say the greatest football player of all time and certified badass Jim Brown. And Black Panther's founder Huey Newton. Folks who when faced with a challenge get pissed off and attack it head on even if it might get 'em killed.

As for players from Baltimore, guys like Mugsy Bougues, Sam Cassell, and Juan Dixon don't seem like bad guys to have in the locker room.

No I know-- I'm just messing with Baltimore. Though if I were continuing the riff I'd say Mugsy and Sam were from a slightly different era of B'more careful and Juan Dixon might be the exception that proves the rule considering his family history. Sounds like Donte may be a nice guy, I'd take that assesment before I'd trust my kneejerk prejudice against all things Baltimoron, just saying, seriously, Juan Dixon excepted, what good ever came outta Baltimore?
doclinkin
RealGM

Re: Metaphysical Analysis Thread-- (Loopy Wingnut thread 2) 

Post#2 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:02 pm

doclinkin wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:I think you should re-start the Meta thread. It is indeed interesting stuff to read and it's probably more useful than some thread around here like The Trade Thread. Some of the stuff which you said about February 21st actually applies to me (i.e. I'm more inward in a public setting). However broader things like not taking criticism well applies to almost everyone I know. Still, you should re-start that thread because it is entertaining.
I'm also wondering how greatness can someone can diminish from between from 1 day to another. On February 20th, Charles Barkely was born and on February 22nd Julius Erving was born (and if that wasn't good enough for you, so was George Washington).
I think it's interesting to point out that nobody from the top 10 of the 1999 draft was outstanding like in the 2003 draft.
7. Rip Hamilton- excelled as 1 of the 4 options with Detroit.
Clearly, Francis is not in the same level with the likes of Elton Brand, Rip Hamilton, or Laron Profit (who was picked in the 2nd round of the draft).
As for Donte Greene, it's unfair to compare him to Steve Francis. The biggest factor to consider is that they play different positions. One of Greene's biggest faults was said to be that he was too unselfish. Since Donte Greene is somewhere between 6'9 and 6'11, the team that drafts him doesn't have to worry about him playing the point guard position. I think if Grunfeld gets the sense that the kid is humble and willing to work on his game, he would be a solid pick.

Nah I make no real comparison with Steve Francis except to ask, did he live up to his potential? That's the only question we're trying to shed light on with the Zodiac goofery: does the player meet, exceed, or fail to reach their full potential. Do they have championship character-- regardless of their physical skillset.

A guy like Shaquille O'neal-- or Wilt Chamberlain for instance, he was going to succeed in basketball no matter what he did. There has never been that combination of pure athletic talent, grace, and size. Now is it possible if he were more motivated to succeed that he should have dominated and won more championships like his contemporary (smaller) Bill Russell? Maybe. Who can say?

Julius Erving was a physical marvel. He shares the same birthday as my sister. I know for a fact sisterdoc and George Washington would have made terrible NBAers. Probably. You've got to start with a baseline of pure talent. My sister bumps into doors, no athleticism really to speak of. And GDub is really really dead.

But a guy like Rip Hamilton is a great example. Steve Francis was 10 times the pure athlete Rip is. Rip is tall, but skinny for his position-- for any position-- can't jump all that high, if you remember from DC or UConn, his reflexes and quick-twitch muscles ain't great on defense even if he's relatively long. What he had better than most players was the situation-recognition software-- ball smarts-- to size up the moment and shoot before the defense arrived.

To maximize that, the one thing he has done is outwork everybody in his physical conditioning. He saw he would never have an advantage in strength etc but saw the success of a guy with a similar build in Reggie Miller and was smart enough to apply the same techniques. Then when he discovered he tired himself out running around screens all day he decided to dedicate himself in the offseason to becoming the best-conditioned player in the game.

But how could you have guessed he would be that kind of dedicated player before you drafted him? That he would have had success even scrawny as he is? The point is Rip Hamilton has gotten every ounce of athletic ability out of his narrow ass. He took every criticism leveled against him (and he played for notable hardass Jim Calhoun at UConn) and used it to his advantage, to improve himself. Steve Francis, when the chips were down, moped and sulked and got his feelings hurt-- ask any of the boards of teams he used to play for. Not a bad guy, just moody, got in his own way that way. Hey I have friends up in Takoma Park who knew him, maybe they'll confirm it.

BUt yeah, no, not everybody takes criticism the same way. Even on here. CCJ is famous for taking criticism with style, when it's true-- he just doesn't like it when you clown on him for no reason. JWiz just laughs at you, Dat used to fightcha to the bitter end but Lyrico is generally unfazed-- and you ever see DonkMcDonk get mad for any reason whatsoever?

Okay, if I have a spare minute I'll start the MetaThread tomorrow. I'll probably be too busy to do much Draft breakdown though.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#3 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:15 pm

Here are a few others I'd marked throughout the year:

JR Giddens: 2/14 aq Cool Quip. 6'5" senior SG New Mex.
(Rip Hamilton, Songaila, Tyus Edney) Speed of thought and mental concentration, ability to focus when in the middle of an uproar, Decidedly physical. Must control tendency to keep others on the defensive. Witty facile entertaining overagressive cutting hurtful.

[DX stats: #1 SG def boards /40 pace adjusted (#7 overall). #1 SG B+S/pf (#2 overall)].

Joe Alexander: 12/26 cap indomitable one Will not be beaten down. Challengers by nature. Rarely in a hurry.

DJ White (Senior indy) : 6'9" pf 9/1 Day of No Nonsense, Vir. (Tim hardaway, Ryan Gomes, Vinnie Johnson). Conscientious, physical, fearless. Insistent, grim, unyeilding. Usually highly competetive. Tough, Pragmatic, practical, charming. Combative, ready to back up their words with actions.. In every aspect seek a meeting of mental and physical.

Eric Gordon: 12/25 sag/cap 'Day of the Supernatural'. Seekers of 'Peak experiences' which have more to do with achievement and concrete deeds than anything else. likely to push abilities to outer edge of the envelope. go that extra mile, more emphasis on transcending limits than personal wealth or power. Achievement oriented, bold, sensationalistic, restless. PG/SG 6'3" combo scorer.

Kevin Love: 9/7 virg 'Day of the success seekers', diligent goal-oriented, determined, over competetive unforgiving. 6'8"-ish PF.

Anthony Randolph : 7/15 can 'Day of the Material inducers' impressive control of the their environment, influential dynamic inspiraional, controlling, could be they're living in their own world. 6'11" PF/SF.

Jerryd Bayless: 8/20 Leo/Virgo 'Day of the Cryptic Secret', Imaginative, empathic courageous, troubled lonely escapist. Be wary of drug addictions. 6'3" combo g.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#4 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:40 pm

Okay lets take a quick peek at a few other favorites, starting with experienced players:

Brandon Rush: (7/8 Cancer) Day of the Dark Pragmatist.
Pragmatic, protective, responsible; armored, smothering, insensitive. Heath: competitive sports recommended. More concerned with results than theories. Capable of building an organization then sticking around to run it. Powerful people, run the risk of exploiting others for gain, possibly to near sociopathy. Hard workers who give their life to one concern, specialize in making themselves indispensable. Etc. (Hakim Warrick. Two Rockafellers. Kevin Bacon...).

Roy Hibbert: (12/11 Sagittarius), Day of Intensity.
Purposeful, influential; selfinvolved and self-unaware. Basically serious individuals, intense, thoughtful, extremely well-directed towards their goals, difficult to stop. Deep mental orientation and commanding physical presence both. If neglected can suffer powerful stress, but capable of coming back from even the most drastic setbacks, not out of faith in themselves but by their own indomitable nature. Have an enormous influence on those around them. Difficult to hide their emotions even though they themselves might not be awayre of what they are feeling. Assume positions of great responsibility. But judgemental. Their seriousness gets in the way of others lightheartedness. (Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Hmmn...)

Mario Chalmers: (5/21 Taur-Gem cusp).
Day of unfailing vision. Undaunted, courageous, successful; egoistic, invulnerable, stressed. Refuse to acknowledge the limitations of their physical bodies. Far reaching vision with the tenacity to hang in there no matter what. Love a challenge, obstacles spur them on. Strong social involvement, must be in the thick of it battling on a crusade for what they think is right. Energy seemingly inexhaustible. (Jamal MacGloire, Armand Hammer, Clarence 'Bighouse' Gaines)
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#5 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:09 pm

Undersized bangers:

JJ Hickson. (9/4 Virgo) 6'9" PF 242 lbs. Day of the Builder.
Methodical, capable, constructive; inflexible, demanding, overexacting. Pragmatic to the extreme, the true measure of methods is in results. Able to build structures and take them apart, see their weaknesses. Suggest practical solutions that work. Prefer not to take the long way around, efficiency is key. Prefer to raze an unstable structure to the ground to re-build it solidly. If criminal they know how to get around the system. (Jesse James, outlaw, but various other industrialists, no baller of consequence).

Richard Hendrix. (11/15 Scorpio) 6'8" 250 lbs PF. Day of Encounter.
Measured, just, courageous,; volatile, accident prone. repeatedly face challenges, thus preparation for trouble is key. Confrontational, never back down from a challenge, stand up for themselves and those who need their protection. Will walk away from pointless confrontatiosn that threaten their dignity. Real strength is in defense, threat of retaliation is their most potent weapon. Can be patient and wait for the right moment to act. Careful, aware it can all come crashing down in an instant. Expect the worst and prepare for it. Battle with honesty and integrity vs. temptation. Health: vigorous exercise recommended to work off excess energy and aggression. (Rommell, the Desert Fox. Judge Wapner. Bobby Dandrige, Greg Anthony, Sasha Pavlovich)

Joey Dorsey. (12/16) 6'9" PF 260 lbs. Day of Soaring Imagination
Visionary, Imaginative, guided; Impractical, out-of-touch, troubled. Imaginative with a highly developed physical nature as well. Transcend limitations. Not easy to live with, emotional troubles, complex. Capable of feats of powerful energy, once directed towards a reasonable attainable goal there's no stopping them, but can be easily sidetracked by real or imagined petty trivial problems or imagined insults. (Cliff Robinson, Jeff Ruland, Beethoven, Jane Austen, PK Dick).
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,968

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:21 pm

So far I'm most impressed with DJ White, Chalmers, and Hendrix. Hickson's profile is also pretty good for what I think the Wizards need.

Rush, Dorsey, and Hibbs seem like they'll wear on teammates quite a bit.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#7 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:27 pm

Talented Bigs:

Marreese Speights (8/4 Leo) 6'10" 245 lb PF/C Day of the Guiding Light:
Clever, quick, elusive; oblivious, hot-headed, undiplomatic. Not cut out to be leaders, but they make their presence felt opinions known. Often useful to the group for a period of time in a symbolic role perfectly represent it's hopes, ideals. Restless, active, like to go their own way. Hotheaded when encountering resistance. Tent to revolt against the system, disruptive, unless overthrowing the system is what the organization is about. Adept at avoiding punishment, not getting caught. Exert influence through physical presence, masterful at sizing up their environment, respond quickly decisively. Tend to think themselves invulnerable and get into dangerous situations.

Darrell Arthur (11/10 Scorpio) 6'9 215 lb forward Day of Metamorphosis:
Creative, self-assured, attractive; particular, repetitive. Take a long time to change, but are constantly on a long slow process of change. Endlessly searching for a way to improve and create. Overly critical not easily satisfied. Lacking some social understanding. Not the highest self-confidence. (Kendrick Perkins, Craig Smith)
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#8 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:28 pm

That's all for now. I'll clean up and re-introduce the thread on the first post.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,062

Post#9 » by Dat2U » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:38 pm

doclinkin wrote:Joey Dorsey. (12/16) 6'9" PF 260 lbs. Day of Soaring Imagination
Visionary, Imaginative, guided; Impractical, out-of-touch, troubled. Imaginative with a highly developed physical nature as well. Transcend limitations. Not easy to live with, emotional troubles, complex. Capable of feats of powerful energy, once directed towards a reasonable attainable goal there's no stopping them, but can be easily sidetracked by real or imagined petty trivial problems or imagined insults. (Cliff Robinson, Jeff Ruland, Beethoven, Jane Austen, PK Dick).

Good stuff doc...

But Joey Dorsey at 6-9? Yeah, in high heels.
RealGM

Post#10 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:45 pm

Well, according to the meta Joey is imaginative, impractical, and complex.

That could spell big man in pumps, dat.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#11 » by doclinkin » Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:54 pm

Dat2U wrote:
doclinkin wrote:Joey Dorsey. (12/16) 6'9" PF 260 lbs. Day of Soaring Imagination

Good stuff doc...

But Joey Dorsey at 6-9? Yeah, in high heels.

You don't know, dude-- when's the last time you saw him with no cornrows and the fro picked out?

But, looking it up, yeah okay 6'6 and a quarter weighing 265? Damn.

OTOH he's got the same standing reach as Beasley, and a wider wingspan than most other PF's in the draft. Seems to me teh long-armed big-bodies do well in the NBA if they have any skill. Not a fan of Dorsey due to the lack of offense, but I won't kill him just on the measurables.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#12 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:19 am

JaVale McGee
7' 241 lb PF/C.
January 19, Capricorn-Aquarius Cusp
The Day of Dreams and Visions
Electric, Creative, Influential; maladjusted, unstable, self-destructive.

Powerful individuals, uncompromising manner of living, highly unique orientation to life, in touch with hidden aspects of human consciousness/emotions. Can often serve as examples to others, state opinions forcefully and through personal magnetism lead other to their point of view.

Can be extremely difficult, live difficult lives, but still function and have a dynamic impact, greatly affect their personal environment. 'As if every ounce of energy can, when necessary, be directed outward' even if in daily life they may appear fairly normal. Intense involvement in their work. Near impossible to lead a stable life, tend to burn brightly then disappear. Must learn to moderate their intensity, channel their wilder energies productively. Working towards balance helps them 'weather the white heat of their ...expressive energy". Occasionally have to make a strong division between intense imaginative inner life and stable ordinary life. Avoid getting sidetracked by negative phenomena/self-destructive tendencies.

Tend to go overboard expending extreme energy risking burnout, need to learn to cultivate discipline. Vigorous exercise recommended (perhaps not competitive), helps to structure their day, give outlet, as is more meditative physical activities (yoga etc.). Often a connection with an empathic stable individual is key to their well-being, grounding them. Keeping a balance between their practical an imaginative sides is crucial to their overall health.

(Edgar Allen Poe, Robert E. Lee, Janis Joplin, Paul Cezanne. In basketball: former Bullet Michael Adams, and top Euroleague SG Arvydas Macijauskas)

---

Interesting that Eddie is an Aquarian, Gil a Cappy. Could be that 'Compassionate Combatant' EJ keeps the kid grounded while 'Substantiation' Gil incites him to visionary recklessness ('proof in the wonders of a universal force', made manifest in ones' talent and effect).
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#13 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:32 am

RealGM

Post#14 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:45 am

doclinkin wrote:JaVale McGee
7' 241 lb PF/C.
January 19, Capricorn-Aquarius Cusp
The Day of Dreams and Visions
Electric, Creative, Influential; maladjusted, unstable, self-destructive.

Powerful individuals, uncompromising manner of living, highly unique orientation to life, in touch with hidden aspects of human consciousness/emotions. Can often serve as examples to others, state opinions forcefully and through personal magnetism lead other to their point of view.

Can be extremely difficult, live difficult lives, but still function and have a dynamic impact, greatly affect their personal environment. 'As if every ounce of energy can, when necessary, be directed outward' even if in daily life they may appear fairly normal. Intense involvement in their work. Near impossible to lead a stable life, tend to burn brightly then disappear. Must learn to moderate their intensity, channel their wilder energies productively. Working towards balance helps them 'weather the white heat of their ...expressive energy". Occasionally have to make a strong division between intense imaginative inner life and stable ordinary life. Avoid getting sidetracked by negative phenomena/self-destructive tendencies.

Tend to go overboard expending extreme energy risking burnout, need to learn to cultivate discipline. Vigorous exercise recommended (perhaps not competitive), helps to structure their day, give outlet, as is more meditative physical activities (yoga etc.). Often a connection with an empathic stable individual is key to their well-being, grounding them. Keeping a balance between their practical an imaginative sides is crucial to their overall health.

(Edgar Allen Poe, Robert E. Lee, Janis Joplin, Paul Cezanne. In basketball: former Bullet Michael Adams, and top Euroleague SG Arvydas Macijauskas)

---

Interesting that Eddie is an Aquarian, Gil a Cappy. Could be that 'Compassionate Combatant' EJ keeps the kid grounded while 'Substantiation' Gil incites him to visionary recklessness ('proof in the wonders of a universal force', made manifest in ones' talent and effect).

At least EJ and if they re-sign Antawn will be around for McGee early on. Etan and Brendan, when they're not beating the hell out of him might actually be really good mentors.

Wonder if the Wizards will put McGee's locker next to Andray or Nick?
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,069

Post#15 » by nate33 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:02 am

Haywood might be a very good mentor. He's one of the smartest guys on the team, a guy Ivan Carter says is the Wizard most likely to end up coaching one day. McGee plays the same position as Haywood and would likely be asked to do exactly the same things on defense.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,506

Post#16 » by closg00 » Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:14 am

:clap: For this thread, I'm a big believer in metaphysical stuff, the law of karma etc.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#17 » by doclinkin » Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:15 pm

nate33 wrote:Haywood might be a very good mentor. He's one of the smartest guys on the team, a guy Ivan Carter says is the Wizard most likely to end up coaching one day. McGee plays the same position as Haywood and would likely be asked to do exactly the same things on defense.

Ivan said that too? I know I've said that.

Actually the thought I had was that the addition of JaVale McGee might be most beneficial to the development of Andray Blatche. (I'll reprise his metas later). He'll no longer be the youngest kid on the team, and the threat to his job security and the presence of a cat with even fewer fundamentals may spur him to put it all together an focus on keeping his job, proving to the squad that he's the better of the two, and no more dicking around. Some reports suggest the kid is a bit of a gym rat, has little outside of basketball to keep his interest spends all his time in the gym. Dray may read this draft pick as a shot across the bow with all his minor niggling offcourt issues etc, and decide to buckle down match the kid's effort and school him. Play the veteran.

Dray's metas suggest he's one of those guys who suddenly puts it all together almost out of nowhere then dominates from then out. Birthday shared with Stormin Norman Schwartzkopf and The Big Tuna Bill Parcells.
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,330

Post#18 » by Kanyewest » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:35 am

Bump for Dee Brown.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#19 » by doclinkin » Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:14 am

Kanyewest wrote:Bump for Dee Brown.

Off the top of my head: Leo, forget the date, August something. Robert DeNiro, Sean Penn, Rudy Gay, Tyrus Thomas. Day of Explosive Power. Powerful forceful energy in their work tend to have problems if they keep their anger bottled up, but no denying their forceful personality.

I ran his metas back in the other thread. Boy it'd sure be nice to get an archive of those threads, hate to have to do all the work over and over again.
doclinkin
RealGM

Post#20 » by doclinkin » Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:21 pm

Quick thumbnails of top candidates in the meta-draft, to be edited/expanded later:

James Harden 8/26 Vir1 "Supportive Partner'
Team players, happy to work behind the scenes, occasionally as moving force behind a group. Team players, may take satisfaction in remaining anonymous, doing their work without ego or interference, even unnoticed in a supporting role, doing whatever is needed from them. 'Worth their weight in gold' to a family or business. Cooperative, self-sacrificing if sometimes passive on their own behalf. (Mo Pete. Tommy Heinsohn).

Blake Griffin 3/16 Pis3 'Realistic Inspiration'.
Willing to compromise, adapt, make the best of most situations, blessed by fortune. Will occasionally quit when all lines up against them. Pragmatic, but emotional.

Greg Monroe 6/4 Gem2 'Critical Expertise'
Verbal skills, technical skills, love to learn, happiest when mastering new skill, impressive organizational skills, workaholics, perhaps bored distracted when not learning new things. Sharp tongue, sarcastic. Competitive sports recommended to burn off aggression.

Stef Curry 3/14 Pis3. 'Relativity'
Position in a group is tremendously important to them. Gives structure and role to life. Open to many approaches, will examine and modify them all the time to see what works best. Natural tendency is to nurture and provide for others in their group. (Wes Unseld. Granmama Larry Johnson).

Patrick Patterson 3/14 (ditto Stef Curry).

Jordan Hill 7/27 Leo1 'Decision makers'
Orderly, forceful, Decisive, persistent. Procrastinating. Physically formidable, intimidating. Occasionally domineering in groups.

Earl Clark 1/17 Cap/Aq cusp 'Day of the heavyweight'
Ali & Frazier both. Cus D'amato. Dwyane Wade, Al Capone... Commanding, Dominant, dynamic, forceful. Usually solo artists. But impossible to ignore.

James Anderson: 3/25 'Dynamism'
Unstoppable energy, dynamic, leaders by virtue of talent not group skill, soloists. Occasionally quick tempered.

---

Questions about a particular candidate?

Return to Washington Wizards