ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread VI - Vistors please post trades HERE!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Official Trade Thread VI - Vistors please post trades HERE! 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:12 am

Part 6 in the popular series of the "Official Washington Wizards Trade Thread". If you've got a few hours to kill, here are the links to the previous episodes...

- Official Wizards Trade Thread
- Official Wizards Trade Thread: Part 2
- Official Wizards Trade Thread: Part 3
- Official Wizards Trade Thread: Part 4
- Official Wizards Trade Thread: Part 5

Let the trading continue!
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Re: Official Trade Thread VI - Vistors please post trades HERE! 

Post#2 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:08 am

Good times in part 5 LOL

Well let me start off by wanting to somehow do a deal with golden state to get Belinelli and Harrington, involving Blatche. Harrington expires and then we go get a PF in the draft.

Also the Larry Hughes trade scenarios i liked and would like to see Larry a wizards.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:16 am

^ IMO we don't even need to get Bellinelli. Blatche+AD for Harrington works just fine for me.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#4 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:32 am

^ I was just saying because if we could somehow give them stevenson too, and have Young start and have Belinelli come off the bench. I would like that.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

rrini
Ballboy

Post#5 » by rrini » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:50 am

Jamison for Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez (spanish pg) and filler.

I would be willing to throw in a First Round pick (lottery protected) or Blatche if necessary. Wizards get youngr, better defensively and more athletic. Portland gets veteran leadership to make a run now. Win Win.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#6 » by miller31time » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:51 am

rrini wrote:Jamison for Portland's LaMarcus Aldridge, Rudy Fernandez (spanish pg) and filler.

I would be willing to throw in a First Round pick (lottery protected) or Blatche if necessary. Wizards get youngr, better defensively and more athletic. Portland gets veteran leadership to make a run now. Win Win.

I don't know if Jamison could fetch Fernandez, let alone adding in Aldridge. He definitely couldn't get Aldridge by himself.

Heck, you can replace Antawn with Caron and the Blazers still say no.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#7 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 3:12 am

^ Portland would never do that, they are hoping Aldridge and Oden can be a great frontcourt duo of their future.

What about this trade: (would have to happen after Dec. 15, because of the FA rule)
Wizards Trade: Daniels, Stevenson, Blatche, 2nd rounder
Dallas trades: Jason Terry, Brandon Bass, Gerald Green (FA rule)

Dallas sheds Terry's contract and they get Blatche who they coveted before he signed his new deal with the wiz.
I think Bass could be that bulldog player, he is undersized but he is powerful kinda like Maxiell for detroit and he rebounds. We would be VERY YOUNG at SG but REALLY talented.

When Healthy:
Arenas/Terry/Brown
Young/Green/Dixon
Butler/McGuire (Maybe green)
Jamison/Bass/Songaila/Pecherov
McGee/Thomas

What do you think
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#8 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:04 am

Bayless is not getting any PT in Portland and I have no idea why.
Someone give me a trade that gets us him as a backup PG. BUT not trading them Jamison, Butler, McGee or Young. I know that seems tough but I wouldnt mind giving them a first for him.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,456

Post#9 » by mhd » Thu Nov 20, 2008 4:53 am

Blatche for Bayless makes sense for both teams. Frye isn't going to resign there. They'd need a backup big who can play both spots. He's signed dirt cheap and doesn't affect their cap strategy. Bayless would start right away here till Arenas gets back.
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#10 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:35 am

Somehow throw Daniels in there too, because Bayless would still get no PT. Nate McMillan has a history with Daniels and probably would like to have him as a vet PG with the young guys
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

TheChosen1
Senior

Hughes not happy with limited role (trade should follow) 

Post#11 » by TheChosen1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:20 pm

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/ ... ited_role/

They said in the Bulls postgame yesterday that Paxson is now working on the trade to Washington so expect it to happen soon.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Re: Hughes not happy with limited role (trade should follow) 

Post#12 » by FreeBalling » Thu Nov 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Why would we want a guy that gets hurt every year. ( Unless ********* They take E.T and or D.A. off our hands. :pray:)

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
jholmbe1
Senior
And1: 2

Post#13 » by jholmbe1 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:06 pm

If it gets any combination of Etan, Antonio, Darius, or Stevenson off the team I am all for it.
mhd
General Manager

Post#14 » by mhd » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:29 pm

As long as its a combination of only AD, Stevenson, Songaila, and Etan, its a great trade. Hughes is better than every one of those players.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#15 » by JWizmentality » Thu Nov 20, 2008 1:48 pm

If Hughes in coming back here, then I want Nocioni or Hinrich as well.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#16 » by MJG » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:17 pm

Songaila is a must-include. Any deal that doesn't include him is a thumbs-down from me. Shaving the extra year he has on his contract off of our books should be the main goal of a Hughes trade.

Stevenson also has the third year, but he's proven to be pretty effective when playing next to Arenas (ie, when he isn't "the man" in the backcourt). If we believe Arenas is going to come back strong, Stevenson could return back to the useful role player he was previously. I wouldn't shed any tears if we included him, but he isn't a must-trade like Songaila.

Etan and Daniels, trade either or both, who cares. Again though, that's on top of Songaila. I'd be against doing a straight Etan+Daniels for Hughes deal. It's basically an even salary swap, but we trade two mid-sized contracts for one large-sized contract. Basically, we'd be limiting flexibility in trading our expirings next season. Hughes is no longer nearly good enough of a player to offset that on talent differential alone.
mhd
General Manager

Post#17 » by mhd » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

I disgree MJG. If we taking back Hughes, then Stevenson has to go. With Young already here, there would be no minutes for DS as the 3rd shooting guard.

Etan+Stevenson for Hughes works in the Trade checker. Songaila could be traded if traded Blatche/Jamison. He also could be traded along with our expirings of AD and Hughes next year. The key to this trade is to trade one of Stevenson and Songaila. Shed that extra year off.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,559

Post#18 » by closg00 » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:22 pm

Where is Washington mentioned in this rumor?
mhd
General Manager

Post#19 » by mhd » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:29 pm

If its a strict salary dump we are looking for, Jamison+Songaila+Stevenson for Hughes+Gooden (expiring) works in the trade checker. Gooden would put empty stats as a starter, but we end up with no longterm contracts after next season save Arenas and Butler.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#20 » by MJG » Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:55 pm

mhd wrote:I disgree MJG. If we taking back Hughes, then Stevenson has to go. With Young already here, there would be no minutes for DS as the 3rd shooting guard.

Etan+Stevenson for Hughes works in the Trade checker. Songaila could be traded if traded Blatche/Jamison. He also could be traded along with our expirings of AD and Hughes next year. The key to this trade is to trade one of Stevenson and Songaila. Shed that extra year off.

I may be thinking differently here than most, as I don't really care about Hughes as a player - he isn't any good. As far as I'm concerned, this is a pure salary-cutting move.

In turn, I'd fit him in the rotation where there's room, rather than rework the rotation around him. He could start at PG until Arenas gets back, taking Daniels'/Brown's minutes. When Arenas gets back, he can fight with Dixon for the minor backup role. If he gets beat out there, well, then he'd be out of the rotation.

Maybe that's not realistic though.

Return to Washington Wizards