Re: GO CAPS!!!! 

Post#761 » by thricethefun » Wed May 11, 2016 3:22 am

Lol Caps crap the bed again. F you Tedd
J-Ves
Veteran
And1: 1,113

Post#762 » by J-Ves » Wed May 11, 2016 3:45 am

Even the elite DC teams are losers at heart. I feel bad for the big Caps fans out there, hopefully next year is the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,172

Post#763 » by AFM » Wed May 11, 2016 3:48 am

Ted crying himself to bed tonight, spooning a gyro. Bathe me in tzatziki sauce, my secretary!
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#764 » by Sluggerface » Wed May 11, 2016 4:59 am

Until the caps can become a dominant 5v5 team, they will never make it to the cup. Sadly, being saddled by Orpiks contract, I don't think it will happen in the Ovechkin era. They placed an emphasis on getting old players just for the sake of cup experience instead of actually building properly. Just look at the team that eliminated them. Chris Kunitz is the only player on that roster over the age of 33 that is making more than a mill, Caps have 3...
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#765 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed May 11, 2016 4:31 pm

Sluggerface wrote:Until the caps can become a dominant 5v5 team, they will never make it to the cup. Sadly, being saddled by Orpiks contract, I don't think it will happen in the Ovechkin era. They placed an emphasis on getting old players just for the sake of cup experience instead of actually building properly. Just look at the team that eliminated them. Chris Kunitz is the only player on that roster over the age of 33 that is making more than a mill, Caps have 3...

Sounds like a familiar formula, doesn't it?
In Rizzo we trust
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,537

Post#766 » by closg00 » Thu May 12, 2016 12:59 am

AFM wrote:Ted crying himself to bed tonight, spooning a gyro. Bathe me in tzatziki sauce, my secretary!

Ernie will be there to console him.
AFM
General Manager
And1: 6,172

Post#767 » by AFM » Thu May 12, 2016 1:17 am

closg00 wrote:
AFM wrote:Ted crying himself to bed tonight, spooning a gyro. Bathe me in tzatziki sauce, my secretary!

Ernie will be there to console him.

Ernie is to Ted as Smithers is to Mr. Burns.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#768 » by Dark Faze » Thu May 12, 2016 1:49 am

so how did they end up going against this team in the second round anyway?
thricethefun
Junior
And1: 46

Post#769 » by thricethefun » Thu May 12, 2016 2:49 am

Dark Faze wrote:so how did they end up going against this team in the second round anyway?

I want Tampa Bay to beat Pittsburgh so people can stop with the excuse that the Caps just got screwed from seedings. We just don't have what it takes.
Sluggerface
Bench Warmer
And1: 510

Post#770 » by Sluggerface » Thu May 12, 2016 4:59 am

thricethefun wrote:
Dark Faze wrote:so how did they end up going against this team in the second round anyway?

I want Tampa Bay to beat Pittsburgh so people can stop with the excuse that the Caps just got screwed from seedings. We just don't have what it takes.

Tampa Bay does not have a chance in hell against Pittsburgh. Has nothing to do with the seeding. The underlying numbers suggest this series isn't even going to be remotely close. Would not be surprised to see Pitt sweep them.
WallToWall
Veteran
And1: 937

Post#771 » by WallToWall » Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 am

Pitt made some good trades at the trade deadline and that took them from a good team to a very good team. The seeding was not indicative of how good Pitt is since after the deadline moves they made.
Dark Faze
Head Coach
And1: 2,013

Post#772 » by Dark Faze » Thu May 12, 2016 10:54 am

ugh
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#773 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu May 12, 2016 4:26 pm

The NHL's playoff system is odd. They have four divisions, and the first two rounds of playoffs are against teams in your own division. So, the Caps and Penguins were the two best teams in the East, but they met in the second round because they're in the same division. In an NBA-style seeding, the Caps and Penguins would have been at opposite ends of the bracket and they couldn't have met until the conference finals. Instead, Washington got Philly (7th most regular points in the East) and then Pittsburgh (2nd most points in the East; 4th most in the league). In an NBA-style format (the format NHL used in the past), the Caps would have gotten Detroit in round one and the Rangers in round two. Then probably Pittsburgh or Tampa in the conference finals.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,783

Post#774 » by Rafael122 » Thu May 12, 2016 4:54 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:The NHL's playoff system is odd. They have four divisions, and the first two rounds of playoffs are against teams in your own division. So, the Caps and Penguins were the two best teams in the East, but they met in the second round because they're in the same division. In an NBA-style seeding, the Caps and Penguins would have been at opposite ends of the bracket and they couldn't have met until the conference finals. Instead, Washington got Philly (7th most regular points in the East) and then Pittsburgh (2nd most points in the East; 4th most in the league). In an NBA-style format (the format NHL used in the past), the Caps would have gotten Detroit in round one and the Rangers in round two. Then probably Pittsburgh or Tampa in the conference finals.

Some Caps fans are screaming foul because of this. Basically saying, as you have said, they never should have met this early. I believe the NHL made this change a couple of seasons back.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#775 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu May 12, 2016 5:23 pm

Rafael122 wrote:
TheSecretWeapon wrote:The NHL's playoff system is odd. They have four divisions, and the first two rounds of playoffs are against teams in your own division. So, the Caps and Penguins were the two best teams in the East, but they met in the second round because they're in the same division. In an NBA-style seeding, the Caps and Penguins would have been at opposite ends of the bracket and they couldn't have met until the conference finals. Instead, Washington got Philly (7th most regular points in the East) and then Pittsburgh (2nd most points in the East; 4th most in the league). In an NBA-style format (the format NHL used in the past), the Caps would have gotten Detroit in round one and the Rangers in round two. Then probably Pittsburgh or Tampa in the conference finals.

Some Caps fans are screaming foul because of this. Basically saying, as you have said, they never should have met this early. I believe the NHL made this change a couple of seasons back.

I don't know about "foul" -- it's the system the league chose. They committed to doing it for three years, and this was year two. I can't find the voting numbers, but the system was approved by the NHL Board of Governors, which is comprised of a representative from each team. The Caps' rep is Ted Leonsis.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,783

Post#776 » by Rafael122 » Thu May 12, 2016 6:12 pm

TheSecretWeapon wrote:
Rafael122 wrote:

I don't know about "foul" -- it's the system the league chose. They committed to doing it for three years, and this was year two. I can't find the voting numbers, but the system was approved by the NHL Board of Governors, which is comprised of a representative from each team. The Caps' rep is Ted Leonsis.

Yeah Ted's probably going to reconsider that when it comes to a vote again. :lol:
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Jay81
Starter
And1: 486

Post#777 » by Jay81 » Fri May 13, 2016 5:46 pm

Ted deserves this for how he has handles the wizards...

Return to Washington Wizards