Health Tracker-Offseason Recovery

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

EastSideBucksFan
RealGM
And1: 4,490

Re: Health Tracker-OUT-CB, Dixon, GA, BH, ET, DS 

Post#321 » by EastSideBucksFan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:14 pm

miller31time wrote:
EastSideBucksFan wrote:Sorry to troll, and I'll admit this is for fantasy purposes.

But, wondering if you can offer any advice/updates on the health of Caron and Gilbert. I have Caron and have a bye this week. Next week is the first round I'll be playing in. Should I hold out hope Caron will come back? Should I drop him for Gilbert?

Thanks for any help provided.

Gilbert is coming back on Saturday, but even when he comes back, his minutes will be scaled back and his game will not be anywhere near what it will look like when he gets his groove back (meaning next season).

I'd keep Caron. There's no set date of return for him, to my knowledge, but if and when he does come back, he'll still play big minutes and put up solid numbers.

Just my $0.02, though.

Thanks guys
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,558

Post#322 » by closg00 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:19 pm

Do you guys think that Tap will do for Gilbert what he did for Caron, play him 40 minutes coming off an injury?
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#323 » by FreeBalling » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:10 am

closg00 wrote:Do you guys think that Tap will do for Gilbert what he did for Caron, play him 40 minutes coming off an injury?

Gil will tell FLUSH TAP, to sit down. I'm running this show.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#324 » by hands11 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:00 am

Four days till GA.

As for the person asking who to keep. Gil said he would only be playing home games.

As for CB. There really is no telling how much he will play.

CB is most likely resting to play when GA plays.

I wouldn't feel great about choosing either this late in the year given the situation we are in.

I don't doubt GA will have some great games when we are at home.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,572

Post#325 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:08 am

I don't like this talk about Arenas only playing home games or not playing on back-to-backs. He's either fully healthy or he's not. If he's not healthy enough to travel with the team, then I'd rather he not play.
Zerocious
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#326 » by Zerocious » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:10 am

it's probably about wind and awaiting the next morning prognosis. knwing ga he'll play anyhow..
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#327 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:19 am

nate33 wrote:I don't like this talk about Arenas only playing home games or not playing on back-to-backs. He's either fully healthy or he's not. If he's not healthy enough to travel with the team, then I'd rather he not play.

Meh. There's no way to simulate the rigors of an NBA game. And there's no reason to risk the extra stress of back to backs. Also, we really do have to keep the tank effort somewhat in mind. We've invested an entire season in losing to this point. Uplifting as it would be for Arenas and Haywood to lead to the WIz to a 7-3 (or even 5-5) finish, it could really hurt us in the long run.

I think the goal is to go the fan base hope, and I'm fine with that.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#328 » by MJG » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:11 am

nate33 wrote:I don't like this talk about Arenas only playing home games or not playing on back-to-backs. He's either fully healthy or he's not. If he's not healthy enough to travel with the team, then I'd rather he not play.

I'm okay with the back-to-backs, but I do agree on the home-only thing. I mean, is travel really that physically stressful?
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#329 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:45 am

MJG wrote:

I'm okay with the back-to-backs, but I do agree on the home-only thing. I mean, is travel really that physically stressful?

Yes, I just flew in and boy are my arms tired....da-dush dush!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#330 » by doclinkin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:52 am

What fish said. Gil wants to test himself against real competition, remind the league that he's still got it, and sell tix for next year. But the team would prefer he not a) endanger our lotto chances and b) risk injury in meaningless games.

There's still risk no matter what. Any player re-tooling their game is at risk the first few games back until they get their wind and timing. Gil can dominate in practice because he's dominating a 16-win squad. Not the same as LeBron and the big boys. But he's got to come back at some point, and I suspect he's been healthy for a while. The team would simply prefer to keep him in bubble wrap as long as necessary to allow these long months of losing to mean something, but still to show hope for the future in case we don't win that top slot.

Expect Caron to sit out a couple win-threat games to allow for the chance of loss.
toughjuice03
Sophomore

Post#331 » by toughjuice03 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:06 am

This is the best news I've heard all season. I have retired my Wizards jerseys for the season but I think I'm gonna have to dust off the gold Arenas jersey here pretty soon.
toughjuice03
Sophomore

Post#332 » by toughjuice03 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:14 am

Question for you locals that hear more than I can. Word is Gil is returning on Saturday against the Pistons but some reports say he's play the final 5 games? There 10 games left and 5 home 5 away if he's playing in only home games he'll only play in four games. I'm gonna try to get tickets when the Wiz come to town and would like to know if I should spend the money if he's not gonna be playing.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#333 » by doclinkin » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:06 am

toughjuice03 wrote:Question for you locals that hear more than I can. Word is Gil is returning on Saturday against the Pistons but some reports say he's play the final 5 games? There 10 games left and 5 home 5 away if he's playing in only home games he'll only play in four games. I'm gonna try to get tickets when the Wiz come to town and would like to know if I should spend the money if he's not gonna be playing.

He's playing in home games but would like to play in Cleveland to piss off the Cavs fans, he cites his 'special relationship' with those fans, which seems to me to consist of the Wiz getting our tail kicked, but Gil still would like some payback if possible. Maybe we hand them a key loss, maybe the Celts can catch 'em for home court. More like we get our tail kicked again (unless Brendan is back, then we have a shot). Still, the late year tough schedule gives us a heat check on the team going into next year, could clarify some things draft-wise, and make this squad an attractive proposition for coaching candidates.
toughjuice03
Sophomore

Post#334 » by toughjuice03 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:11 am

doclinkin wrote:
toughjuice03 wrote:Question for you locals that hear more than I can. Word is Gil is returning on Saturday against the Pistons but some reports say he's play the final 5 games? There 10 games left and 5 home 5 away if he's playing in only home games he'll only play in four games. I'm gonna try to get tickets when the Wiz come to town and would like to know if I should spend the money if he's not gonna be playing.

He's playing in home games but would like to play in Cleveland to piss off the Cavs fans, he cites his 'special relationship' with those fans, which seems to me to consist of the Wiz getting our tail kicked, but Gil still would like some payback if possible. Maybe we hand them a key loss, maybe the Celts can catch 'em for home court. More like we get our tail kicked again (unless Brendan is back, then we have a shot). Still, the late year tough schedule gives us a heat check on the team going into next year, could clarify some things draft-wise, and make this squad an attractive proposition for coaching candidates.

Thanks that's exactly what I wanted to know if he plans on playing Cleveland I'll be there again and as much as I dislike the Cavs I hate the C's more.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,572

Post#335 » by nate33 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:43 pm

fishercob wrote:

Meh. There's no way to simulate the rigors of an NBA game. And there's no reason to risk the extra stress of back to backs. Also, we really do have to keep the tank effort somewhat in mind. We've invested an entire season in losing to this point. Uplifting as it would be for Arenas and Haywood to lead to the WIz to a 7-3 (or even 5-5) finish, it could really hurt us in the long run.

I think the goal is to go the fan base hope, and I'm fine with that.

I don't have a problem with him limiting his minutes. I certainly understand that he's not in NBA shape and shouldn't play 40 minutes a night. But I see no reason why he shouldn't play 15-20 minutes a night and travel with the team.

I dunno, I think this idea of only playing home games is a direct challenge to the tank gods. I like our karma so far this season in that we are honestly trying to win games while simultaneously being prudently cautious with Arenas' return. Now we're gonna intentionally throw road games.
fishercob
RealGM

Post#336 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Hm. Interesting point that I hadn't thought of. (feels nauseous). I didn't know he wasn't going to *travel* to the road games. I'm not cool with that. Either you're back with the team, or you're not.
— Steve Martin
fifthstop
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#337 » by fifthstop » Wed Mar 25, 2009 5:59 pm

Safe to say that Gil won't be the only one traveling at the @CLE game. lol

We have 2 CLE games left right? Would be sweet for 3 of our 20 wins to be vs the hated Crab-Dibbliers!
Tyrone Messby
Bench Warmer
And1: 465

Post#338 » by Tyrone Messby » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:16 pm

We'll need him against Miami in hopes of preventing an 0-16 division year. NBA Record. I'm hoping we can pull off the victory tonight against the Bobcats. We'll see though. Looking forward to seeing Agent 0.
cavsfan_osiris
Starter
And1: 4

Post#339 » by cavsfan_osiris » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:47 pm

What's the purpose of Gil returning for 5 games? Just to monitor where he's at right now?
much respect to the 2011-2012 champions, Miami Heat, well deserved
fishercob
RealGM

Post#340 » by fishercob » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:06 pm

cavsfan_osiris wrote:What's the purpose of Gil returning for 5 games? Just to monitor where he's at right now?

To provide hope.
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards