Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: Gamethread: Wizards vs. Cavaliers - Sunday, Jan 4th 

Post#101 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:24 am

xJUICEx25 wrote:Hey...
Anyone know a website where i can find accurate player salaries?

This one is pretty reliable....

http://www.shamsports.com/content/pages ... /index.jsp

This one isn't very reliable but is the only other salary site I know of...

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

PS: I see you're a Ravens fan. PLEASE post on the Ravens forum of this site...

viewforum.php?f=153

RealGM just introduced NFL, MLB and NHL forums to go along with the NBA Forums and they are struggling for posters and posts.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,072

Post#102 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:25 am

So much so that I posted an NFL predictions post in the Wizards forum. The NFL forum is a ghost town.
Bye bye Beal.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#103 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:33 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:So much so that I posted an NFL predictions post in the Wizards forum. The NFL forum is a ghost town.

Yeah. They'll catch on, though. New forums don't become busy and popular automatically. It takes time (just like it took time for RealGM to become popular back at it's inception).
xJUICEx25
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#104 » by xJUICEx25 » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:37 am

[/quote]

PS: I see you're a Ravens fan. PLEASE post on the Ravens forum of this site...

viewforum.php?f=153

RealGM just introduced NFL, MLB and NHL forums to go along with the NBA Forums and they are struggling for posters and posts.[/quote]

Good looking out on the links.

I'm a basketball head...and a big ED REED fan, dude is just simply amazing, but i will be posting on the ravens board throughout the playoffs.
FREE QUICK MONEY? Really Works ENJOY!!!!!!! :)

http://www.AWSurveys.com/HomeMain.cfm?RefID=Charlib09

BY THE WAY, I MADE ABOUT $100 IN 3DAYS. LET ME KNOW WHAT U THINK
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#105 » by Manny Phresh » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:50 am

I'm loving all this Cavs/LeBron hate. Where is the love people? I know you guys dont have much to cheer about nowadays but cheer up. Why would you want LeBron to go to the Western Conference when he can stay here and play your team for the rest of his career. He loves playing against the likes of Deshawna and Brenda. I enjoy our playoff series together, Don't you guys? :)
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,361

Post#106 » by Kanyewest » Mon Jan 5, 2009 3:56 am

Manny Phresh wrote:I'm loving all this Cavs/LeBron hate. Where is the love people? I know you guys dont have much to cheer about nowadays but cheer up. Why would you want LeBron to go to the Western Conference when he can stay here and play your team for the rest of his career. He loves playing against the likes of Deshawna and Brenda. I enjoy our playoff series together, Don't you guys? :)

Funny that you referred to them as DeShawna and Brenda since both of them made LeBron cry. I guess that's why Wizard fans call him LeQueen.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#107 » by P'Oed » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:26 am

on a side note, don't go over to the Cleveland forum to try to discuss the game. You might get banned by the almighty moderators.

But hey, another good win for the best games of the year show on Comcast! Woooppeeeeee!
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#108 » by doclinkin » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:26 am

Manny Phresh wrote:I'm loving all this Cavs/LeBron hate. Where is the love people? I know you guys dont have much to cheer about nowadays but cheer up. Why would you want LeBron to go to the Western Conference when he can stay here and play your team for the rest of his career. He loves playing against the likes of Deshawna and Brenda. I enjoy our playoff series together, Don't you guys? :)

Tell you what. I'll love 'em more if they start calling the endgame the same way they called it today. The league caught a ton of flack for the finish of our Christmas Day joust, I get the feeling we'll see a little more balance in whistles. LeBron's good enough that he doesn't need the extra help.

Slo mo replay. Bonus postseason travel as well. ESPN vid.

Just think, the Cavs lost today because they didn't have their starting center and their backcourt sucked. Well the Wiz have sucked all season because they didn't have their starting center, and (most of) our back court sucks. Difference is at some point (knock wood) we get a healthy 29ppg allstar, and the same center that let us beat last year's World Champs 3 game out of four. Our bench just beat your bench. YOu haven't seen this squad healthy in the playoffs (Caron had a broken thumb the first go round, and still had, what 20 boards one game?). Just saying, don't get cocky, you have LeBron. For now. And that's it. And if they call the games tight like this? Hell you don't even have the same LeBron you think you do.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,435

Post#109 » by doclinkin » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:33 am

MJG wrote:I didn't think it was possible to like James less, but his comments about the travel call have taken him to a new low. It'd be one thing if he was wishy-washy on the subject, avoiding answering the questions. Guys do that kind of thing all the time. But of course, he couldn't do that. He plainly states that he watched the replay and there was absolutely no travel. Was he so smug and up his own ass that he actually watched the replay and couldn't see the blatantly obvious? Or was he just plain dumb, and doesn't understand what the traveling rules are? Or did he completely understand the situation and just felt like flat-out lying? All I know is that I will do my best to not underestimate how little I can like the guy going forward.

I really hope the refs and bball pundits take him at his word and watch him with a jeweler's lens. Absolutely love the fact that he claims traveling is his signature move. YOU DAMN SKIPPY it is. He's just pissed because they've always let him get away with it before. 'Crabwalk' your mom's ass, punk.

I want freezeframe stills of his whiny mug from that interview.
newslowsad
Veteran

Post#110 » by newslowsad » Mon Jan 5, 2009 4:44 am

I listened to the fourth quarter on the radio and really regret not being able to watch the queen's bff...I mean, Mike Brown get ejected. It is hilarious that we did everything imaginable to tank this game and we still managed to win.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#111 » by miller31time » Mon Jan 5, 2009 5:05 am

doclinkin wrote:
MJG wrote:I didn't think it was possible to like James less, but his comments about the travel call have taken him to a new low. It'd be one thing if he was wishy-washy on the subject, avoiding answering the questions. Guys do that kind of thing all the time. But of course, he couldn't do that. He plainly states that he watched the replay and there was absolutely no travel. Was he so smug and up his own ass that he actually watched the replay and couldn't see the blatantly obvious? Or was he just plain dumb, and doesn't understand what the traveling rules are? Or did he completely understand the situation and just felt like flat-out lying? All I know is that I will do my best to not underestimate how little I can like the guy going forward.

I really hope the refs bball pundits take him at his word and watch him with a jeweler's lens. Absolutely love the fact that he claims traveling is his signature move. YOU DAMN SKIPPY it is. He's just pissed because they've always let him get away with it before. 'Crabwalk' your mom's ass, punk.

I want freezeframe stills of his whiny mug from that interview.

AMEN. That interview truly was the essence of LeBron James.
RickRoll_inDC
Sixth Man

Post#112 » by RickRoll_inDC » Mon Jan 5, 2009 5:06 am

[qoute] I took a crab dribble and then 2 steps[/quote]

I counted 3. Crab Dribble, Lobster Dribble, any sort of crustacean dribble you want to use, I got 3 steps there....

Who came up with the name 'crab dribble'? Sports Center didn't show any of our highlights, the end comments made up for it.
19-13 on game threads
20MexicanosIn1Van
Veteran
And1: 318

Post#113 » by 20MexicanosIn1Van » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:23 am

That was my favorite three minutes that ESPN has ever aired.
crackhed
Assistant Coach
And1: 66

Post#114 » by crackhed » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:24 am

good post,
maybe after this is all over lebron can make an exercise video and feature his crabwalk. call it something like - 'crabwalking your way to millions: how to travel and look good doing it.'
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the kind of man I am"
H. Simpson
spaceman_E
Sixth Man
And1: 30

Post#115 » by spaceman_E » Mon Jan 5, 2009 6:50 am

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:LeBron has his head so high up his own ass. STFU already dude.

I hope by some miracle he moves to the Western Conference in 2010.

I have a better hope.

I hope by some miracle Cleveland is the one seed in the playoffs and the Wizards win 36 games or more to make it as the lowest-win-totalled eight seed.

Cleveland will not beat this team in the playoffs if guys like McGuire are rebounding and Blatche is making solid plays. Washington has sufficient confidence (and hate) to beat the Cavs in the playoffs now. As far as I'm concerned they won in Cleveland, too.

My miracle would be to see the Wizards get revenge in a series just like they finally got revenge on the traveling call.

I'd love for Washington to provide impetus for Lebron to leave the Cavs.

I dream big.

CCJ, that put a huge smile on my face. I'm dreaming with you man.

Random thought: Could Lebron be serious and simply not understand the travel rule? This could be another Mcnabb, "I didn't know there were ties" -esque admission. Either way, I don't see why it's a big deal but I wouldn't say that explanation is impossible.
You don't win friends with salad.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#116 » by Wizards2Lottery » Mon Jan 5, 2009 7:06 am

People on the playground know the traveling rule. LeBron knows it, he's just a **** for acting as if his crab dribble or whatever is a revelation to the basketball world.

Sucks so much that this generations best player in the game is a smug ****.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#117 » by fishercob » Mon Jan 5, 2009 12:41 pm

hands11 wrote:
Well you know I have not once stuck my big toe in that water. I think that we are fully focused on turning things around this season, not waiting for next.

One more tough game on the road against another top NBA team and then our schedule get a whole lot easier. You may be disappointed even more when we continue to rack up wins.

We have been playing well against the best teams. I still say we got some terrible refing in the looses. We could have easily went 5-1 and that was withuut CB 3 games and AB 1/2 of Boston game.

@cle - was really a win for us except refs
OK - win
@ Houstin - win
@NO - should have been a win except for the refs
@BOS - AB went down. Refs sucked in first quarter. We played a lot better then it looked
CLE - win

We went 3-3 over that stretch. Would you have predicted that ?
Most would agree we rightfully should have been 4-2.

I and some would say 5-1 because we were robbed in the NO game also.

Think about that for a sec. 4-2 or 5-1 with that schedule and one of those games AB went done and 3 were without CB. Two of those wins being against Cleveland the 3rd ranked team in the NBA and we should have been the first team to beat them at home this year.

But even as it is 3-3 for a team that lost as much as we have says a lot. They have turned the corner. This isn't your daddies 1-10 or 4-22 wizards. We are now 7-25 and on a 3-2 run.

YO GA. Get your shoes on buddy. Time to play some ball.

3-2 over the last 5 games with an way easier schedule and a new roster and line ups that are settling in and under a much better coach. That is who this team is now.

As is, I think we have a playoff team.
Add GA to this crew and you have a solid playoff team.
Add Haywood and GA and you have a team that can get out the first round. Even by going threw Boston.

Handsy, I do love your optimism, but NO!

I don't care if we're 25-7. I do not want Gil on the court until he is 100%. Not 90%. Not 99%. One. hundred. Percent.

It would be completely foolish for him to come back even the slightest bit early just because we're improving and playing well. Reality is that this season is a lost season from the standpoint of making and advancing deep into the playoffs. Yes, the Wiz are "only" 8 games out of the 8th playoff spot, but they're also still last in the conference and four games out of second last. They would have to go on an unprecedented and historic run to make it, and they're not there yet.

That doesn't mean there isnt reason for intense optimism, though. Add a healthy Gil and Brendan to this team, and we're instantly credible. EG makes a bold move or two and we could be a top 5 team.

As for tanking, EG is never going to try to throw a game. But you're going to see the kids start to get more and more minutes in the second half. You'll see Critt, Nick, Dom, Blatche and McGee for big chunks (and in crunch time) -- and that will lose some games, while also getting the kids some experience. The extra value in that is that our pick will be worth a little more. I've felt for a couple months now that Ernie is trading that pick (and/or some of our kids) anyway this summer, so I'd rather he have a sharper arrow in his proverbial quiver.

But again, none of that changes the fact that there's reason for intense optimism. If the Wiz can just get a period of sustained health, they're going to be very, very good.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,072

Post#118 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:49 pm

hands, I agree with fisher. Gil's knee needs to be 100% of whatever his best health is. No need to rush his return at all.

If they play .600 ball without him, why in the heck should he do anything but sit back and enjoy the team rallying?

Last season Wizards continuity was destroyed in March/April after Gil came back. Hopefully, the Wizards learned from that. He was still not right physically. Worse, in his mind he tried to be the same offensive dynamo he'd always been prior to the injuries. It worked out for the worse all the way around. Threw the team off, he wasn't effective, and he had to shut it down in the playoffs. I don't want a replay of that with Gil rushing back this season, hands.

What I'd like to see is him only come back when he's 100% (even if it's not til March). At that time, EASE HIM IN to what they've already got going. (10-15 mins a game for 5-6 games, even). If Mike James can get Lebron to charge over him on a defensive adjustment the last thing I want to do is have Gil coming back thinking offense. He can't be coming in trying to score 30 a game. That will hurt the Wizards.

What I want is Gil to be 100% healthy and now a student of the game. I want him to come back committed to playing defense on the perimeter like he never did before because he'll be playing for a different coach.

If he does that and if his legs are to the point he can still drop that three ball or finish at the rim ... Watch out!

At the same time, if he's not healthy I have no problem with Gil not even returning this season. They've made necessary adjustments in personnel and in the starting lineup to where they can get by and play competitively every night without him.
Bye bye Beal.
sashae
Bench Warmer
And1: 94

Post#119 » by sashae » Mon Jan 5, 2009 1:56 pm

Gil's just staying out a little longer to work on his crab dribble.
ernie grunfeld: the perpetual dumpster fire of general management
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#120 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Mon Jan 5, 2009 2:40 pm

"LeCrabdribble" from the post comments...hahah

Return to Washington Wizards