ImageImageImageImageImage

LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,391

Re: LeTravel and the Crabeliers Thread - The Crab Walk Baby 

Post#201 » by doclinkin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:20 pm

LeBron James claims that he isn't going to resort to acting in order to get more fouls called against him on the basketball court.

"It's not me," James said Friday. "There's been times when I've thought about it, but my game won't allow me to — whether you call it flopping or acting like it's something bigger than it is — do it."

Cleveland coach Mike Brown, however, is still lobbying for James to get the benefit of the doubt more often.

"I don't have a great feel yet for when they're going to call a foul and when they're not," Brown said.

"Bron's at a disadvantage," Brown added. "At the end of the day, the only thing we can do is keep playing."

James weighed in on the size disadvantage as well.

"Because of my size and my strength, the way I get hit is not seen. I'm never one to complain, but sometimes it feels blatant on me and it's not called," James said. "It's definitely challenging mentally. It can be frustrating at times."

Oh good god shut the hell up. You're the biggest flopping whining con artist in the league. The checking your lip for blood when you're hacked on the arm, rubbing your jaw when someone bumped into your leg. I want a compilation reel of all of his pissy primma donna soccer player antics. I sincerely hope the talking heads pick this one up. Start with the Wiz series --"Danny they're trying to hurt me... whaaaaah whaah whaa"

Can't stand that guy.
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#202 » by miller31time » Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:28 pm

^^^ Read about that too. My jaw just about dropped to the floor.

But in LeBron James-fashion, I immediately checked my forehead for blood.
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#203 » by FreeBalling » Mon Feb 2, 2009 2:14 am

JWizmentality wrote:
hands11 wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:Last night was LeTravels first career game winning buzzer beater :lol: :lol: :lol:

What do you mean by that. He beat us at the buzzer a couple times in the playoffs.

A buzzer beater that didn't involve crab dribbling. Probably his first game winning "Jumpshot"

This was made by the NBA for Crab Step - He is Le Crab.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EGiBXYJiTF8&feature=related
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,359

Post#204 » by Kanyewest » Thu Feb 5, 2009 2:46 am

LeBron has interesting taste in music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxsYPiFaTQY
Induveca
Head Coach
And1: 724

Post#205 » by Induveca » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:16 am

The days when Arenas/Jamison/Butler made us one of the league's most explosive offenses/teams is 2 years behind us. Seriously, this thread makes me cringe each time I see it. Many on here label this board as being the most intelligent on RealGM.....this thread is silly.

It's like the Knicks making a thread making fun of Kobe Bryant for dominating them, it's pretty foolish. I realize it's all in good fun, but after the pathetic crybaby t-shirts, the 3 times getting beaten down by the Cavs, Stevenson calling James overrated, and now this........it really belittles the "most intelligent" forum status many on this forum hold near and dear to their hearts.
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#206 » by P'Oed » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:21 am

Induveca wrote:The days when Arenas/Jamison/Butler made us one of the league's most explosive offenses/teams is 2 years behind us. Seriously, this thread makes me cringe each time I see it. Many on here label this board as being the most intelligent on RealGM.....this thread is silly.

It's like the Knicks making a thread making fun of Kobe Bryant for dominating them, it's pretty foolish. I realize it's all in good fun, but after the pathetic crybaby t-shirts, the 3 times getting beaten down by the Cavs, Stevenson calling James overrated, and now this........it really belittles the "most intelligent" forum status many on this forum hold near and dear to their hearts.

lighten up toots...can't anyone have a little fun anymore without people getting overly upset/serious about everything?
Induveca
Head Coach

Post#207 » by Induveca » Thu Feb 5, 2009 3:32 am

P'Oed wrote:
Induveca wrote:The days when Arenas/Jamison/Butler made us one of the league's most explosive offenses/teams is 2 years behind us. Seriously, this thread makes me cringe each time I see it. Many on here label this board as being the most intelligent on RealGM.....this thread is silly.

lighten up toots...can't anyone have a little fun anymore without people getting overly upset/serious about everything?

I hear you, and I would have applauded this at any point in 2005/2006/2007. But in 2008/2009 it's time to move on..........
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,032

Post#208 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Thu Feb 5, 2009 11:03 am

Induveca, my posts with Manny Phresh and other Cleveland fans have been in good fun.

Actually, after reading of Lebron's 52-point triple-double, and seeing how Mo Williams got snubbed for the All Star game; I'm not rooting against Cleveland any more. If they're the best team and they win the NBA title more power to them.

At the same time, whenever King James pouts, this is a great place to make fun of him. Better than dealing with the reality of how sad the Wizards season is right now and how uncertain the future is.
Bye bye Beal.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#209 » by FreeBalling » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:06 am

I hear you, who said it was a crab step? The leagues best player..... Come on, dont lose sight of the topic. Le Travel should man up. The Refs make him better than he is. JMO.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

FreeBalling
Starter

Post#210 » by FreeBalling » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:07 am

[quote="FreeBalling"][
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Induveca
Head Coach

Post#211 » by Induveca » Fri Feb 6, 2009 2:51 am

FreeBalling wrote:

I hear you, who said it was a crab step? The leagues best player..... Come on, dont lose sight of the topic. Le Travel should man up. The Refs make him better than he is. JMO.

Definitely travels a lot, but at the same time I just sa6 here in NYC last night and watched the man do something which has not been done in 35 years. A triple double with 50+ points. That was one of the single most impressive performances I've ever seen.

I'm just saying between the Crybaby shirts, Stevenson calling him overrated and now this thread.........I just hate to see Charles Barkley right on the topic of Wiz fans. This makes us look foolish.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#212 » by FreeBalling » Sat Feb 7, 2009 12:34 am

1st off this thread is just for fun, season sucks, I'm sure the Wizards fans wanted another rematch with the Cavs.

This thread is gold, it's just funny to hear Le-Travel say "Crab Dribble." You could see this thread coming as soon as Lebron said it. Come on the NBA put out a PSA on LeBron.

Stevenson, I agree with you 100%. He talked trash and only brought 20% to the table. He needs to shut his mouth about Lebron, until he can shut Lebron down, shut your mouth Stevenson.

I know LeBron is a great player, but I dont see him leading the NBA like MJ, Magic,Kobe, Bird.

Lebron bitches all the time for fouls, even after he takes 4 1/2 steps. That's why I call him a baby, That's the perception I'm reading.

FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Ced67
Senior
And1: 0

Post#213 » by Ced67 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:07 am

King James and Al Roker must be stopped. Mike Brown's crying about the ref's in Clevelands 97-95 loss against the Pacers. For those of you who didn't see it, here's the link with the video on the game recap page,

http://espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290210011.

Its pretty much the same exact call called both times once for Lebron on the first alley oop and then against Lebron on the second. They both looked similar to me but I guess Mike Brown saw it another way, here's his reaction. He somehow see's the foul that sent LeBron to the line as a clear foul and says that the one against LeBron as a clear no call, you tell me.

What got me the most was the fact that he said the ref stole the game from them and they deserved to win that game, but then says his team played ok. Dude, you where in a tie game against the 21-32 Pacers. The same team that broke even or outscored you in 3 or 4 quarters. Your team lost that game, not the ref's.

http://www.nba.com/media/cavaliers/postgame_090210.mp3.

I kinda see where LeBron gets his crybaby act from, its directly from his coach. I use to be a Mike Brown fan but I cannot stand the guy anymore. Here's the clip from the Wiz game a little while ago. Terrible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lYtyw2IGhk
"We kept acquiring projects. Nick is a project. JaVale is a project. Javaris is a project. Eventually when you have enough projects, you live in the 'hood." --Gilbert Arenas

john2jer wrote:Only way we trade [Delonte] West is if Paul, Howard, or Kobe is coming back.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,543

Post#214 » by closg00 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:00 am

HA!!! Cleveland was listed as #4 on the top-ten most miserable cities. BWAHAHAHA!!
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/Economy/ ... 277&page=1
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#215 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:50 am

Mike Brown: "I never blame the officials!"

Uh......OK :roll:

This is beautiful. And why the Cavs won't win the title. I'm with Ced - they didn't lose that game because of that call. They were outplayed by the last place team in their division. That's why they lost. But as long as they find other reasons to explain away poor performances, they will never become a championship team.

Oh, and to anyone who is thinking, "But the Wizards always blame their losses on bad calls", I say - case closed.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,032

Post#216 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:37 pm

What makes Mike Brown's whining so bad is that Lebron got the very same call 0.4 secs earlier than when Granger got to go to the line to win the game. If Brown's calling the last calll that sent Granger the worst call he's ever seen he obviously wants Lebron's calls not held to the same standard.

They called it both ways and as Tim Legler said "Justice was served because Indiana deserved to win that game."
Bye bye Beal.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#217 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Feb 11, 2009 12:59 pm

Karma is a bitch is all i'm gonna say...
:beer: Magnumt
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#218 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:28 pm

Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:What makes Mike Brown's whining so bad is that Lebron got the very same call 0.4 secs earlier than when Granger got to go to the line to win the game. If Brown's calling the last calll that sent Granger the worst call he's ever seen he obviously wants Lebron's calls not held to the same standard.

They called it both ways and as Tim Legler said "Justice was served because Indiana deserved to win that game."

Exactly - I don't remember if he used the word "makeup" but that was very strongly implied in his comments. Um, Mike - if the first call was correct, there's nothing to make up. He even went so far as to describe why he felt the first call was correct - LeBron was between his man and the basket, was bumped mid-air, etc. All of which were true on the second call.

I don't think Mike Brown is an idiot (just like I didn't think EJ was an idiot, no matter how frustrated I was at what appeared to be his inability to see/correct the defensive deficiencies on his team, even though he had an outstanding defensive player languishing on his bench). Maybe he's just carried away with the competitiveness, the moment, and really believes the words he is saying. Maybe it's a ploy to try and get the call next time. But the act has long ago grown old, and he's looking like a fool, complaining about calls when his star gets more favorable calls (including no-calls) than anyone in the league. Hopefully, some in the media will call them on it, but I'm not holding my breath.
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Post#219 » by miller31time » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:38 pm

Severn Hoos wrote:
Chocolate City Jordanaire wrote:What makes Mike Brown's whining so bad is that Lebron got the very same call 0.4 secs earlier than when Granger got to go to the line to win the game. If Brown's calling the last calll that sent Granger the worst call he's ever seen he obviously wants Lebron's calls not held to the same standard.

Exactly - I don't remember if he used the word "makeup" but that was very strongly implied in his comments. Um, Mike - if the first call was correct, there's nothing to make up. He even went so far as to describe why he felt the first call was correct - LeBron was between his man and the basket, was bumped mid-air, etc. All of which were true on the second call.

I don't think Mike Brown is an idiot (just like I didn't think EJ was an idiot, no matter how frustrated I was at what appeared to be his inability to see/correct the defensive deficiencies on his team, even though he had an outstanding defensive player languishing on his bench). Maybe he's just carried away with the competitiveness, the moment, and really believes the words he is saying. Maybe it's a ploy to try and get the call next time. But the act has long ago grown old, and he's looking like a fool, complaining about calls when his star gets more favorable calls (including no-calls) than anyone in the league. Hopefully, some in the media will call them on it, but I'm not holding my breath.

Sev, I think you're right that it's all about getting more calls the next game (and so forth). It's a tactic that's worked wonders for Phil Jackson and it will probably work for Mr. Potato Head as well.
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,391

Post#220 » by doclinkin » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:17 pm

Jim O'Brien gamed the officials. Gamed Mike Brown. Gamed LeBron.

Smart coach. Obie knows that the refs have to avoid the appearance of favoritism, and that this year LeBron has been under scrutiny for being on the favorable end of a number of calls. He forced their hand to give him the same call at the other end. Nicely played.

IF it's the Wiz we don't get that call, prob'ly. But I like the cojones of the coach to set it up like that and force the refs into an uncomfortable position. Keep 'em honest. That's the kind of tactical gamesmanship I want in our next coach.

Return to Washington Wizards