ImageImageImageImageImage

LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,359

Re: LeTravel and the Crabeliers Thread - The Crab Walk Baby 

Post#221 » by Kanyewest » Mon Feb 16, 2009 6:25 am

I wonder if the judges would give LeBron a 50 for this dunk...
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#222 » by DaRealHibachi » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:54 am

Kanyewest wrote:Image

I wonder if the judges would give LeBron a 50 for this dunk...

If he did the crab dribble before it, they would...
:beer: Magnumt
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 25,711

Post#223 » by infinite11285 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:59 pm

Hopefully I don't get flamed for this....Why do you guys have an entire thread dedicated to making fun of your most hated rival?
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#224 » by Wizards2Lottery » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm

infinite11285 wrote:Hopefully I don't get flamed for this....Why do you guys have an entire thread dedicated to making fun of your most hated rival?

The answer lies within your question.
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#225 » by infinite11285 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Gilbert0Arenas wrote:
infinite11285 wrote:Hopefully I don't get flamed for this....Why do you guys have an entire thread dedicated to making fun of your most hated rival?

Why has it resorted to THIS tho? This is so sad. I've never seen a fanbase resort to this type of hate. Especially when considering the seasons that both the Wiz and Cavs are having this year. This thread almost comes off as if you guys are jealous. Is this your way of getting a one up on the Cavs since the Wiz can't one up them on the court?
Kanyewest
General Manager
And1: 2,359

Post#226 » by Kanyewest » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:41 pm

The explanation is this: LeBron James is a great player but his actions have rubbed Wizards fans the wrong way. A lot of Wizard fans are still bitter over the fact LeBron was not called for traveling in game 3 in the 1st round in the 2005-06 season . This thread is in fact a celebration of the fact that the Wizards beat the Cavs even though the Wizards are clearly shorthanded and to continue to poke fun at LeBron James (especially since LeBron receives little criticism in the national media).
infinite11285
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#227 » by infinite11285 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:47 pm

Kanyewest wrote:The explanation is this: LeBron James is a great player but his actions have rubbed Wizards fans the wrong way. A lot of Wizard fans are still bitter over the fact LeBron was not called for traveling in game 3 in the 1st round in the 2005-06 season . This thread is in fact a celebration of the fact that the Wizards beat the Cavs even though the Wizards are clearly shorthanded and to continue to poke fun at LeBron James (especially since LeBron receives little criticism in the national media).

Understood, carry on. I was just wondering. I didn't mean to impose or piss anyone off, I was just curious.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#228 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:49 pm

infinite11285 wrote:
Kanyewest wrote:The explanation is this: LeBron James is a great player but his actions have rubbed Wizards fans the wrong way. A lot of Wizard fans are still bitter over the fact LeBron was not called for traveling in game 3 in the 1st round in the 2005-06 season . This thread is in fact a celebration of the fact that the Wizards beat the Cavs even though the Wizards are clearly shorthanded and to continue to poke fun at LeBron James (especially since LeBron receives little criticism in the national media).

Understood, carry on. I was just wondering. I didn't mean to impose or piss anyone off, I was just curious.

Infinite. Why do you have a picture of Oleksey Pecherov as your avatar?
In Rizzo we trust
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#229 » by FreeBalling » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:28 am

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:
Infinite. Why do you have a picture of Oleksey Pecherov as your avatar?

I thought the same thing,

I love this thread. It's been fun reading.

FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#230 » by hands11 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:12 am

infinite11285 wrote:
Gilbert0Arenas wrote:

Why has it resorted to THIS tho? This is so sad. I've never seen a fanbase resort to this type of hate. Especially when considering the seasons that both the Wiz and Cavs are having this year. This thread almost comes off as if you guys are jealous. Is this your way of getting a one up on the Cavs since the Wiz can't one up them on the court?

It's have nothing to do with jealously. It have to do with - It so freakn funny that he is so clueless about the fact that he travels all the time that he actually calls it his signature move. He doesn't even get how pampered he is. It's sad because he is an amazingly talented player. He doesn't need to extra help. Actually, without the extra help, he would probably adjust and become an even more sound player and more people across the lead would respect him because he would be better based purely on talent.

Hey, I hated Pat Ewing back in the day for the same reasons. Refs could let him just run over defending players. It was actually sad.

I don't know many Wiz fans that hate great talent. What they hate is how the NBA babies LeTravel. The way they allow him to get away with the same thing over and over. But then they didn't. That was awesome. I really think the NBA has been moving in the right direction over the last couple years. They aren't letting players palm the ball anymore and they aren't letting them travel as much.

It was just to funny that LeTravel was dead serious that he didn't get it. Then he made up an answer by calling it a crab dribble when a crab dribble is something totally different. He was just pulling stuff our of his arss. I was hilarious. He even tried to say something like how he understands it's hard for the refs to see it isn't a travel because he is so amazingly talented that the refs don't get it. He is delusional. It's it wasn't so funny, it would be sad.

And now, commentators across the league makes jokes about it during other games when a player walks. I've heard them say stuff like.... he should have used the crab or lobster dribble. LMFAO

It's funny. But it most funny because LeBron doesn't get it. He should have just said, yeah, I traveled on that one and it would have been over with. Classic mistake by many people who are in the public eye. If you mess up, just admit it. It will blow over. If you deny the true, it will live a lot longer. Sometimes, it never goes away.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,543

Post#231 » by closg00 » Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:20 pm

Wow! The Rockets completly shut-down LeBron & Co last night with LeBron crying the whole game about not getting calls :lol:
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#232 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:23 pm

Hm, Jalen Rose explained a crab dribble is when you do a power dribble to move sideways with your back to the opponent, usually used in the post. It was a crab dribble, because that's exactly what he did. Doesn't change the fact that he took three steps afterward, of course.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#233 » by fishercob » Fri Feb 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Lebron got dunked on for the first time I can remember (by Yao), and then had Yao swap his shot a few moments later. Truly beautiful stuff.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
dobrojim
RealGM
And1: 3,345

Post#234 » by dobrojim » Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:51 pm

It's really too bad that HOU is in the west. They could get out of the first rnd
if they matched up with CLE the reason being they have 2 defenders that match
up well with LeWhiner, Artest and Battier. Having Yao to match up with Z doesn't
hurt either.

Yao was 12-15 last night. Nice.
A lot of what we call 'thought' is just mental activity

When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression

Those who are convinced of absurdities, can be convinced to commit atrocities
Notorious23
Pro Prospect
And1: 320

Re: LeBron Dedication Thread - The Crab Walk Baby 

Post#235 » by Notorious23 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 11:58 am

FreeBalling wrote:Image

That was the best. Did you know Papa Johns had to give everyone in Cleveland a free pizza for that? If you called on some Wednesday they decided ahead of time and you were within 30 minutes of Cleveland they sent you a free pizza. They kissed our butts hard over here for that. They even gave the pizza out on a game day.

So thanks Wizards fans. While you were paying for crybaby shirts you bought everyone in Cleveland free pizzas for the game. I know I enjoyed mine. :rofl:

Some Wizard fan Manager of some Papa Johns got reemed out and lost his job I am sure.

I never saw the front of those shirts but I am wondering if it said

"I gave someone in Cleveland a free pizza and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That would explain the look on her face of "oh, jokes on me... touche."

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
hands11
Banned User

Post#236 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 1, 2009 12:32 pm

Notorious23 wrote:
FreeBalling wrote:Image

That was the best. Did you know Papa Johns had to give everyone in Cleveland a free pizza for that? If you called on some Wednesday they decided ahead of time and you were within 30 minutes of Cleveland they sent you a free pizza. They kissed our butts hard over here for that. They even gave the pizza out on a game day.

So thanks Wizards fans. While you were paying for crybaby shirts you bought everyone in Cleveland free pizzas for the game. I know I enjoyed mine. :rofl:

Some Wizard fan Manager of some Papa Johns got reemed out and lost his job I am sure.

I never saw the front of those shirts but I am wondering if it said

"I gave someone in Cleveland a free pizza and all I got was this lousy t-shirt"

That would explain the look on her face of "oh, jokes on me... touche."

l:

Yeah we knew about the shirt. Posted about it a while ago.

From our take. Awesome pub about your star being a walking cry baby.

As for giving CLE free Pizza. No skin off our backs. The money came from PJs, not us.
And honestly, with all the free pub they got from the deal, it was probably worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again. Hell, we should call us Dominos and see if they came come up with a campaign. Actually, Legal Seafoods is a local sponsor.

Thanks for bringing this back up. I think you just gave us motivation for a new round of material

Still waiting for the Travelosity ad to hit.
hands11
Banned User

Post#237 » by hands11 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 12:46 am

Clean up on isle 5

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=888093
hands11
Banned User

Post#238 » by hands11 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:01 am

I can wait to cheer for whoever plays against LaTravel.

There was a recent article on espn about how great a season he is having. They compared pace and PER and are ranking his season as one of the best every. So why don't I care. I have liked other players from other teams. I loved watching MJ and the Bulls. Always like Magic and Bird. I like watching Kobe and D Wade. If the Wiz/Bullets were not in the hunt, I would cheer for any of those teams.

But I just watched some highlights of a Cows and I just hate that team. Kind of like I hated that old Pistons team. I watch LeTravel do his intro crap and I want to puke. And they have that flopping Side Show Bob. Mini D West and his needle nose and tattoos. All the smirking faces when they win. They are just so F'ing annoying.

I hate that team enough that I would gladly give up a draft slot to beat them twice this year. And actually that would do more for this franchise then adding another young player. We have players. We just need them on the court. A draft pick is just another asset. This team doesn't need a home run in the draft. This is already the most talented team we have had in a long time. What we need is momentum going into this off season.

With GA and Haywood back, this team changes dramatically. Finally we will get to cash in on the EFJ firing dividends and all the maturation of our younger players this year. What I want is for GA and Haywood to lead them with AJ and CB. Those 4 vets should lead an offseason focus that includes the younger players. Time to finally become a TEAM and put it all together. GA is no longer a talented kid. Time to set a standard of focus and commitment as a team to be a team. Roles need defined. A winning style needs established. Time to finally add a defensive mind set to go along with the scoring. We have seen NYs light finally start to go on. AB can ball. There is no question there. He also is leaving his kid years behind. If McGee can develop as I think he can over the summer and DMAC adds a shot, then that a lot of talent. DSong has proven his value as a vet bench player this year. Don't under estimate how important he is on this team of vets and young players. And Crit is a new prospect PG. He can drive and rebound. He just needs an outside shot. That can be added with hard work.

This team can improve more by working out all of this with what it has them by adding another young player. What they need is to start to see it happening again and that means GA and Haywood back on the court with AJ and CB with the young guns contributing with them. IMO.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#239 » by DaRealHibachi » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:58 pm

hands11 wrote:Yeah we knew about the shirt. Posted about it a while ago.

From our take. Awesome pub about your star being a walking cry baby.

As for giving CLE free Pizza. No skin off our backs. The money came from PJs, not us.
And honestly, with all the free pub they got from the deal, it was probably worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if they do it again. Hell, we should call us Dominos and see if they came come up with a campaign. Actually, Legal Seafoods is a local sponsor.

Thanks for bringing this back up. I think you just gave us motivation for a new round of material

Still waiting for the Travelosity ad to hit.

Legal Seafood, Lebron James and Crabb Dribble...

That's "Advertisment of the Year" stuff right there... :lol:
:beer: Magnumt
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#240 » by fishercob » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:19 pm

Fellers.

I have access to a high quality plotter (poster size) printer at my office. I need someone to make me a sweet hi-res, funny, clean poster mocking the crab-walking traveliers in time for next Thursday's game. My seats are section 100, prime TV territory.

Any takers?
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin

Return to Washington Wizards