ImageImageImageImageImage

LeTravel and the Crab dribble Thread - Wadette Girliman

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Re: LeTravel and the Crabeliers Thread - The Crab Walk Baby 

Post#81 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:41 pm

prekazi wrote:If I was getting beaten , owned, pwned(whatever you call) by a team and a player constantly I'd respect him.

If that was a playoff game Cavs would've beaten you 99 out of 100 times.

There's a HUGE difference between respecting and liking. Yeah, Lebron is a monster talent. He's also a giant arsehole. It's similar to the way I feel about T.O., but Bron isn't half as bad as that fool.

And I agree if it was the playoffs ya'll probably would have won. Simply because the commish wouldn't have stood for that kind of call against his chosen one...

Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#82 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 2:57 pm

Bigmiketruth wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:and LeBron is a crybaby? hahahahaha Wizards fans and players are much bigger crybabies. The NBA is rigged... I HATE LEBRON... WE HATE CLEVELAND hahahahahahahahahahaha man it must suck to cheer on a losing franchise...

:lol: You should know

So to recap:

Cavs - no championships, 16 playoff appearances, 44.7 win %,
Zards - one championship, 23 playoff appearances, 46.05 win %

must suck 8-)

Wow... I'd bet you right there watching every minute there of that championship...
This point is "What have you done for me lately?" Or else you guys would still be talking about that one championship right now and wouldn't be so sore about losing.

EDIT: Lol @ You not posting the Wizards record's during that stretch. Equally just as bad hahahahahaha
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#83 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:00 pm

KingDong wrote:cavs fan will be crying thier hearts out when LeBron leaves them in the dumps and goes for the better looking, richer, prettier and more glamorous NYork hoochie. Yeah if I can tell anything about Lebron is that hes superficial like that, he'll demand basketballs biggest stage. Cleveland isnt half of what new york can do for Bron. and Bron loves his media attention.

And you know all this is to be true because?
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#84 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:05 pm

yungal07 wrote:LOL at Cavs fans talking crap. Your loser team hasn't won jacksheit. Ever. Please STFU. And your loser team blatantly tanked for like 6 straight seasons and blatantly tanked for Lebron. AND YOU STILL WON'T WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP...Cleveland is a loser town with a bunch of loser teams and loser fans that root for them. That's why LeTravel is gone in 2 season. Say buhbye... :laugh:

Awwwwwww I don't think you really mean that. We all know that you're big undercover LeBron fan but just don't wanna admit it in front of your Wiz brotheren :lol:
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#85 » by MJG » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:07 pm

fishercob wrote:Let's not be distracted from the point of this thread -- not that Cleveland is a worthless cesspool -- but rather than Crybaby James (despite his greatness) is somewhat of a joke.

Yes, please. There's no reason at all to bash the city of Cleveland, the Cavs' organization, the Cavs' fans, or James' basketball ability, unless you feel like looking like an ass. This should be purely about making fun of James' arrogance, smugness, and whining off the court. Come on, it's not like that's such a shallow well that we need to inappropriately deviate into other areas.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#86 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 3:38 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:
KingDong wrote:cavs fan will be crying thier hearts out when LeBron leaves them in the dumps and goes for the better looking, richer, prettier and more glamorous NYork hoochie. Yeah if I can tell anything about Lebron is that hes superficial like that, he'll demand basketballs biggest stage. Cleveland isnt half of what new york can do for Bron. and Bron loves his media attention.

Do you own a television? Have cable? Ever watched ESPN for an hour?

You can't really argue he loves the attention and media. I mean shoot, the guy's said he wants to be the first billionaire athlete. Obviously endorsements and saturating the media will be a part of it.

And yeah, unless he plans on building hospitals out in Africa like Dikembe or doing something mad charitable, setting a personal goal like that is pretty darned superficial.
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#87 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:08 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:

Do you own a television? Have cable? Ever watched ESPN for an hour?

You can't really argue he loves the attention and media. I mean shoot, the guy's said he wants to be the first billionaire athlete. Obviously endorsements and saturating the media will be a part of it.

And yeah, unless he plans on building hospitals out in Africa like Dikembe or doing something mad charitable, setting a personal goal like that is pretty darned superficial.

So ESPN and the media basically already made up his mind for him that he's going to New York because it would be better for him. After all, he loves attention and the media. And to whoever said they hate him because he's arrogant and whines. I could think of three players on your squad who act the same way. They aren't in the media and portraying it that much. So just stop with the he has bad character mambo. They're plenty superstars that act the same.

EDIT: You think he would actually put winning before being the first billionaire athlete? I think not. We had a guy like that on our team. He now plays out in Utah getting ready to leave their franchise the same way. All for the love of money. Now that's an athlete you should be digusted with. He has no heart at all.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,449

Post#88 » by mhd » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:14 pm

Is Tim Duncan 1% as arrogrant as Lebron? Duncan has been total class since the day he got into the NBA.

What about Yao? He's seems pretty classy to me. Ray Allen has never been one to show off, even though he starred in a movie. Dwight Howard isn't whining and self-proclaiming himself as the chosen one. Derrick Rose looks to be one of the most down-to-earth players to ever come in at #1. Kevin Durant is already a deadly scorer in the NBA, and you never here a peep about "I'm a witness". Hakeem accomplished more in his early career than Lebron could ever imagine, and he's was nothing put pure class.

You don't have to be an a-hole to be a great player.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst
And1: 0

Post#89 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:26 pm

OHHHHHH, MANNNNNN!!!!!! I TOTALLY MISSED THIS GAME, I was in San Francisco at a conference and totally missed LeCrab getting his come-uppance.

Watched the replay, it was a travel. He's trying to take advantage of the fact that they don't start counting steps in the NBA until you are holding the ball in both hands, so, just like Patrick Ewing, he pounds the ball hard, takes two steps with the ball in one hand, grabs it in two hands and then takes two more steps. Except in this instance the defender made him have to move around a little more than he planned and he had to grasp the ball early. Travel. Good call.

Another thing is it looks suspiciously like a jump stop with two steps after it. That's also traveling.

Two more points:
This isn't the eighties any more, Ewing isn't around and that move was okay then but it's a travel now.

LeCrab has to know the refs are watching his feet with three seconds left against the zards. Quit cryin'.
Help us, Obi-wan Leonsis. You're our only hope.
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#90 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:28 pm

Oh, I was watching sportscenter all day the next day and they were making fun of him. "LeBron calls it a 'crab dribble' but the refs called it something else, coming up on SportsCenter."

Hahah, the announcers making fun of LeCrab. Love it.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#91 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:29 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:All for the love of money. Now that's an athlete you should be digusted with. He has no heart at all.

And in the event that Lebron does sign elsewhere like Boozer will you come back here and say that about your King or should I hunt you down for a friendly reminder?

And has it crossed your mind that he could make more money elsewhere AND have a better chance at a championship? I mean the Crabaliers don't exactly have a good track record in the championship department. Wait, they don't have ANY track record.
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#92 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:32 pm

mhd wrote:Is Tim Duncan 1% as arrogrant as Lebron? Duncan has been total class since the day he got into the NBA.

What about Yao? He's seems pretty classy to me. Ray Allen has never been one to show off, even though he starred in a movie. Dwight Howard isn't whining and self-proclaiming himself as the chosen one. Derrick Rose looks to be one of the most down-to-earth players to ever come in at #1. Kevin Durant is already a deadly scorer in the NBA, and you never here a peep about "I'm a witness". Hakeem accomplished more in his early career than Lebron could ever imagine, and he's was nothing put pure class.

You don't have to be an a-hole to be a great player.

This coming from a fan of team with much more conceited players: Agent Zero; Deshawna Stevenson to name a few
Manny Phresh
Senior

Post#93 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:44 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:
Manny Phresh wrote:All for the love of money. Now that's an athlete you should be digusted with. He has no heart at all.

And in the event that Lebron does sign elsewhere like Boozer will you come back here and say that about your King or should I hunt you down for a friendly reminder?

And has it crossed your mind that he could make more money elsewhere AND have a better chance at a championship? I mean the Crabaliers don't exactly have a good track record in the championship department. Wait, they don't have ANY track record.

We kinda do have the best record in the league. Not that that means anything. BTW LBJ isn't my favorite player he just happens to play for the hometown team. I'm a Joe Johnson fan honestly. Very Very underrated. Whoopdy Doo. You won one championship like 30 years ago. You act like any of you can recall the series and reflect on it. You can do whatever you want buddy but I guarantee you he won't leave. Here's three things that would have to happen in which I could see him leaving

1. We don't win a championship in the next two years and it would have to appear that the Cavs have regressed or decides to rebuild

2. Nike puts a clause where hes gonna make significantly more if he gets the hell out of Cleveland

3. New York adds a superstar players.

I don't see all three of those happening... two maybe? but not all three
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#94 » by P'Oed » Wed Jan 7, 2009 4:50 pm

Who the hell cares if Lebron is leaving or not. All I know is that the man loves him some old bay on his Queen Crab legs.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#95 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:00 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:We kinda do have the best record in the league. Not that that means anything. BTW LBJ isn't my favorite player he just happens to play for the hometown team. I'm a Joe Johnson fan honestly. Very Very underrated. Whoopdy Doo. You won one championship like 30 years ago. You act like any of you can recall the series and reflect on it. You can do whatever you want buddy but I guarantee you he won't leave. Here's three things that would have to happen in which I could see him leaving

1. We don't win a championship in the next two years and it would have to appear that the Cavs have regressed or decides to rebuild

2. Nike puts a clause where hes gonna make significantly more if he gets the hell out of Cleveland

3. New York adds a superstar players.

I don't see all three of those happening... two maybe? but not all three

Yeah, you do have the best record in the league. And no, it doesn't. Remember the 2006-2007 Mavs?

And I know a lot of Cavs fans who didn't see Boozer leaving either.

And yeah Zonk, the best part of the whole ordeal was the media actually stopped riding Lebron's jock for ten minutes. Like on Sportscenter they flashed back to Lebron's old game winner and the host was like, "flashback to 2006 series with Washington, Lebron's game winner where he took what loooooks like... 8 steps"
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,386

Post#96 » by nate33 » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:09 pm

Here's an oldie but goodie. Another Lebron "crab step":

NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man

Post#97 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:25 pm

And for those that can't count due to a cakewalk H.S. experience and the lack of a college education (I won't name names), there's this...

ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#98 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:27 pm

Note that both hands are on the ball on step one, because Butler forced him to the side, disrupting his rhythm. Otherwise it probly woulda been a good play.
Severn Hoos
Lead Assistant
And1: 222

Post#99 » by Severn Hoos » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:29 pm

I really wish the League would come out and make a definitive statement about the call. By continuing to talk about it, saying he was right and the ref was wrong, and saying he will keep doing the move until it is called differently, LeBron is directly challenging the League. Not making a statement makes it look like they agree with LeBron.

It's an easy call to make, and the ref said so on Monday. "3 steps on the move to the basket. Basic travel call." The League's star player disputes the ruling. It's shameful for them to remain silent - and effectively hang the ref out to dry.

And people wonder why the NBA's credibility among the general fans is so low....
"A society that puts equality - in the sense of equality of outcome - ahead of freedom will end up with neither equality nor freedom. The use of force to achieve equality will destroy freedom" Milton Friedman, Free to Choose
ZonkertheBrainless
Analyst

Post#100 » by ZonkertheBrainless » Wed Jan 7, 2009 5:30 pm

nate33 wrote:Here's an oldie but goodie. Another Lebron "crab step":

Man, the annoying thing about that is it's a jump step, so you're not supposed to take ANY steps, and he took two and the ref was looking right at it.

Well, AI complained a lot about his getting called for carrying all the time and they eventually forced him to adjust. So why not do the same thing to LeCrab? Make him change his game to comport with the rules. He's not going to lose a championship because he was forced to play by the same rules as everybody else.

Return to Washington Wizards