ImageImageImageImageImage

McGee and Young ticketed for reckless driving

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Re: McGee and Young ticketed for reckless driving 

Post#16 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Feb 3, 2009 11:09 pm

exactly. i know countless people who've received reckless driving tickets and turned out juuuuust fine. this is a non-story.

...that is unless they were straight racing like Bobby Phills, but until it's anything more than going 80 in a 55, let it rest.
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#17 » by JWizmentality » Tue Feb 3, 2009 11:22 pm

long suffrin' boulez fan wrote:Momma's gonna whip his @ss... but c'mon, instigating those of us who think he hasn't been handled well by EJ or Tap is a bit of a stretch.

Nah, I doubt it...seeing as this was like a month ago.
WashWiz54
Veteran
And1: 434

Post#18 » by WashWiz54 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 12:11 am

Donkey McDonkerton wrote:There are ALWAYS cops on that road...always!

Who hasn't been cited for reckless driving in VA?

two middle fingers to VA and their speeding laws and the fact it's illegal to have a radar detector

Yupppp.

I just got cited for it this weekend by a state trooper. So I'll join you and send four middle fingers to those herbs.
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#19 » by yungal07 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:31 am

If I'm not mitaken, the Dulles toll road is one of the most ticketed roads in the United States. I think I saw that on the news once before.
bulletproof_32
Sixth Man
And1: 40

Post#20 » by bulletproof_32 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:40 am

There's years of overwhelming evidence to suggest this will get thrown out.

Officer: I clocked you two passing me at 82 mph.
Nick: That's impossible!
Officer: Huh?
Javale: He don't pass.

Case closed.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#21 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:52 am

bulletproof_32 wrote:There's years of overwhelming evidence to suggest this will get thrown out.

Case closed.

HOF post :bowdown:
Donkey McDonkerton
General Manager
And1: 411

Post#22 » by Donkey McDonkerton » Wed Feb 4, 2009 1:55 am

bulletproof_32 wrote:There's years of overwhelming evidence to suggest this will get thrown out.

Case closed.
:lol:
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#23 » by LyricalRico » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:08 am

:rofl2:
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,332

Post#24 » by doclinkin » Wed Feb 4, 2009 2:21 am

JWizmentality wrote:

Case closed.

HOF post :bowdown:

Consider it Done.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#25 » by Scabs304 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 3:01 am

Hahahaha that was funny. I've actually gotten two wreckless driving tickets in my 1989 Dodge Dakota in VA. I've gotten off on both. Sorry 55 is two slow on an empty highway. Most highways in Florida are 70 and I got ticketed going 88 on there. OOOOPSSS. Sorry some of us drive fast when there is no one on the road. I'm just lucky I don't have fast vehicles like they do or a bike (I can break a buck 50 in an instant on one of those). Wreckless driving who cares.
I am Scabs.
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#26 » by dandridge 10 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:06 am

I got caught for going 81 in Shenadoah county once. The cop suggested I contact an attorney because the judge in that county takes reckless driving pretty seriously. Although I'm an attorney, I decided to contact someone in the county that knew the judge. The first attorney I consulted with freaked me out because he said the judge in the county often threw people in jail for reckless driving. The second attorney I consulted agreed to take my case free of charge out of "professional courtesy." Turns out the attorney often hunts with the cop that gave me the ticket. The attorney convinced the cop that I was a real nice guy and to drop all charges. I never drove over 80 again.

This isn't even newsworthy. I bet 99% of the people on this board have driven over 80 on a highway.
JWizmentality
RealGM

Post#27 » by JWizmentality » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:20 am

^^^Aha!!! I haven't. My car starts shaking if it goes over 50. :D
dandridge 10
Veteran
And1: 537

Post#28 » by dandridge 10 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:26 am

JWizmentality wrote:^^^Aha!!! I haven't. My car starts shaking if it goes over 50. :D

Aha, I said 99%. You must fall in the 1% :D
hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Post#29 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 4:51 am

JWizmentality wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Maybe they wouldn't have had the energy to race if they'd played more minutes.

Actually, that's a pretty good point. I think McGee was the one driving. He got three straight DNP's from the 4th onwards. I am absolutely shocked that Blatche was nowhere in the vicinity.

This my be the best thing to come out of this. Bulletproof finally get the junior FUP label off his chest.

There are now kiddies to take his place. Not that 20 MPH over the speed limit compares to what Blatche has gotten caught doing but if remember, didn't he and Kwame both get caught speeding at some point or another.

Maybe this presents him and opportunity to share his experience to help them avoid the same mistakes and in the process, he becomes a little more of a vet because now he has to move past his FUP days. I think he also recently had a kid. Maybe he will start to mature a little more.
hands11
Banned User

Post#30 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 5:35 am

yungal07 wrote:If I'm not mitaken, the Dulles toll road is one of the most ticketed roads in the United States. I think I saw that on the news once before.

They have to keep the $$$$$$ coming in some how and North Virginia is where a good bit of it travels.

My VA story isn't about speeding, it's about the HOV on 95. They have the stupidest signs and rules for it.

Having only driven South on it before and always getting on once it opened back up at 6PM, I never had to problem. It is HOV South 3-6PM so I never had to deal with the 3PM time and rules. I always figured it meant, you have to enter the HOV before 3PM or no go. That would be easy enough for them to enforce by just sitting on the ramp. Since HOV doesn't have exits and it's usually a long road, so I always figured they must be talking about when you can enter it, right ?

So after always using it South after 6PM, I had to use it coming North in the morning. The sign only sas HOV 6-9am - I believe. But 6am isn't when you can last enter it, it when your not allowed to be on it. So I got on at 5:55 thinking, great, I got on just in time, then I got pulled over. When the officer explained to me what I had done wrong, I was like, I had no idea that is what the sign was trying to say. That never would have accrued to me because it doesn't really make any sense. How would I know if there were any exits going North, or how long it would take me to get off the road, with traffic/without traffic. I asked, so when would be the latest I should get on the road so I can plan better next time. He had no answer for that. I asked, would it normally take me like an hour in the morning. He said, maybe, without to much traffic. So I said, so why doesn't the sign just say, do not enter HOV after 5am if you don't want people on it driving single after 6am and it usually takes an hour to drive it. He just laughed and said, I guess that would make more sense. You should mention that to the judge. So the A hole still game he a ticket.

I mean how does that make any sense. You have no control over when you get off the HOV lanes, you only can control when you get on them. I asked, what if there was a traffic jam or raining and it took an hour and a half. His answer, I would take that into consideration. Seemed kind of stupid to me. Laws are best when they are black and white. They could just tell you when it OK to enter and there would be no confusion or any "I would take that into consideration."

Sign could just read.

HOV 2
Enter before 6AM.
or after 9AM

Tried to explain this to the judge. You know, how I had never been on it going North. I only used it going South after 6PM so it was never an issue. Yeah right. Ticket. Give me the money. They just want the money. Period. They aren't interested in doing what is right. Why spend to money to clear up the signs when they can be making money instead.

Crazy thing was, there was another guy there who got the same ticket. He excuse was he talked to an officer who told him it was ok as long as he got on before 6am - just like I thought it was. He got off with that BS excuse but me being honest about not understanding the same issue ( I didn't think it would fly me saying the same thins he did ), that wasn't good enough.

I mean come on. If the guy before me telling the truth - and the judge believed he was so he must have heard it before - then apparently even the officer don't all understand.
hands11
Banned User

Post#31 » by hands11 » Wed Feb 4, 2009 6:15 am

Ok, one more. I'll try to make it a little shorter.

First off, to the biker riders. Yeah, it's almost impossible to go 55MPH on a race bike. 100MPH is like going 60MPH. It's almost not far if your on an openish road.

Anyway. So I'm on the famous 95 South 6PMish. Anyone that knows, you aren't going nowhere fast. Bumper to bumper 2 MPH for... well... hours. Learned my lesson about the HOV times so I'm on the side regular road.

I'm getting sick of braking every 5-10FT so I let the cars pull a head of me 50-100ft and start playing the game, I don't want to stop moving. Of course, I few A holes decide the extra 50FT-100FT in front of me will get them out of the 10 mile back up. So there they go, 20 MPH for 2-3 sec and then .. break lights. Yeep. It's still a traffic jam. IDIOTS. Like if there was somewhere to go, I wouldn't have done it myself. Besides, the space in front of me was only there because I allowed it to be created.

Anyway, so this VA cop pulls me over. I'm totally confused seeing that I was going 2-4 MPH. So I asked nicely, did I do something wrong. He says, yeah, your holding up traffic by going to slow. LMAO. So I nicely mentioned to him, I have been on this road for 30 minutes and I've gone like 2 miles. There is a traffic jam. Are you try to tell me that the 50 ft or so that I have in front of me is stopping all these cars... Even the one is front of me? He though about it for a second and then decided it was stupid to pull me over and let me go. I actually explained to him, it's the cars being to close that is causing the traffic jam. I was actually helping to stop it.

FYI - a traffic jam is caused by to many car .. to close together...going different speeds. Think about it. NASCAR tracks have 50+ car going 100+ MPH inches or feet from each other. Mostly, they do fine. They can all go around the track at top speed. Why do they get in accidents ? Some just spin out while others get to close going different speeds. If they weren't trying to pass each other, they could all do 100MPH round the rack until their tires got to thin. No Problem.

The reality is, traffic jams are mostly self imposed. Try this some time. When you get stuck in one, match the speed of the car next to you and leave as much space ahead of you as possible. Now the car ahead of the car next to you may pull into the open space. Not idea but that ok. That just means the car next to you now has some space to move forward so now you are both going faster. If the car next to you is going to fast so that it is leading you to close to the car ahead of you, let it go and match up with the next one. The car you let go is going to stop in 2 second anyway when it runs up into the traffic. It's not always easy but if you can do it, you will find your drive a lot more enjoyable since you are always moving, you will start to have space ahead of you, and you will find the traffic starts to get unclogged. The problem is spacing and different speed. Just do the reverse and the traffic unclogs. Kind of like undoing a knot.

The easiest why to unclog it would be if all the lanes just stopped and let the cars ahead pull out of sight. Then once there was a 1/2 to mile of open road, all three cars started going 10, 20, 30 mph together. I'd rather being going 10 mph without stopping then 2, then 0, then 2, then 0.

You would be surprised how much of a positive effect you can have on the traffic just doing this by yourself, but you will. Sometimes I will find others vehicles who get the same thing and they are doing it also.

When 1 or 2 other cars join me in doing this, then we all start going 10MPH, then 20, then 30 and before you know it, we are like pace cars and everyone is going 50MPH again with room ahead of us. The faster you go, the more open space you need to leave ahead. The key is to all go the same speed and to not ride up on the traffic ahead of you again or the jam will happen all over again. Oh course, once the traffic gets rolling and your doing 50 MPH with some space ahead ( realize you are riding in a bubble in the traffic jam - the jam is still just ahead of you going bumper to bumper unless it thinned out because of an exit everyone gets off at ) then everyone behind you wants to do 70MPS right back up to the traffic jam so they can clog it up all over again. They don't understand that it was your behavior that opened that space and it's theirs that will close it right back up again. Getting a 18 wheeler next to you makes this a lot easier since they are so long they help you keep space ahead of you without people jumping in front of you. Please they are so big people can't see the open space ahead so it's not calling for them to fill it.

If you can keep this up for a little while, slowing down well ahead of time when you see the red tail lights ahead of you coming on again, then you will always be going the max speed you can without clogging up the traffic again and everyone will be getting where they want to go faster. People that need to change lanes have the space to do it. Some car exit, some come on but the cars don't ever have to stop if people just work together. If your in a traffic, one lane should not be going 10MPH faster then the rest. That is just going to lead to everyone having to stop.

Think of it like water going throw a hose. If the hose is straight with no kinks, the water is all going the same speed threw the hose. No problem. Runners can all run in a pack if they are all going to same speed. If it wasn't for people changing lanes, exiting and people coming on, then every car on that road could be doing 100MPH all the same direction. Literally starting at 0 and going 100MPH in 2sec if that was possible. Something to think about next time your stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. Are you being part of the problem or part of the solution.

OK, maybe this one wasn't to much shorter. :)
ilikecb4
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#32 » by ilikecb4 » Sun Feb 8, 2009 6:03 am

wow

Return to Washington Wizards