ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread VII: Visitors please post trades HERE!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

newslowsad
Veteran
And1: 0

Re: Would you trade the 1st pick for Bosh? 

Post#1241 » by newslowsad » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:36 pm

Bosh is overrated. Overrated. Overrated.

BLAKE COME TO DADDY.
likwitdesi
Starter
And1: 60

Re: Official Trade Thread VII: Visitors please post trades HERE! 

Post#1242 » by likwitdesi » Wed Apr 8, 2009 12:01 am

Assuming our pick is #3 or below, do you think Philly would be willing to trade Speights and their pick for Pesh and our pick?

I really really like Speights. His efficiency from college has transferred over to the pros and he is only going to get better.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,643

Post#1243 » by pancakes3 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:15 am

miller31time wrote:^^^ Bosh isn't really a low-post player. He's a pick-and-pop player and an isolation scorer from the mid-range or driving to the basket.

well, low post player in the sense that he establishes position in the post and commands double teams. he definitely makes his moves facing up, but a post player nonetheless. Dirk is a faceup guy too but he establishes positioning in the paint as well as the next guy. It's not like Bosh is consistently floating around the 3 point line waiting to jack up a 3 ball like Rashard Lewis.
Bullets -> Wizards
charlie32
Sophomore

Post#1244 » by charlie32 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:00 pm

Let's say the Wiz get the #1 pick and OKC gets #2 or #3. OKC will be absolutely desperate to move up so they can pick hometown boy Griffin. Wiz send #1 pick & Stevenson to OKC for #2 (or #3) pick & Jeff Green (which is price they must pay to extract pick from the Wiz). Wiz then turn around and send #2 (or #3) pick with other pieces that have been suggested to Toronto for Bosh. Feasible?
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#1245 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:32 pm

A lineup of:
Haywood
Bosh
Green
Butler
Arenas

Thats interesting, but the likely hood of the Bosh trade...IDK. The OKC trade is ok, but i think alot of Wiz fans think any trade involving the #1 pick would have OKC having to give Durant which is not going to happen.
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 784

Post#1246 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 8, 2009 8:52 pm

charlie32 wrote:Let's say the Wiz get the #1 pick and OKC gets #2 or #3. OKC will be absolutely desperate to move up so they can pick hometown boy Griffin. Wiz send #1 pick & Stevenson to OKC for #2 (or #3) pick & Jeff Green (which is price they must pay to extract pick from the Wiz). Wiz then turn around and send #2 (or #3) pick with other pieces that have been suggested to Toronto for Bosh. Feasible?

A few problems with that deal. First, I think we'd have to ask for more than just swapping Stevenson for Jeff Green (especially since that doesn't help us at all financially). Second, there's nobody at #2 or 3 that is worth losing Griffin and neither is Jeff Green.

Maybe you could include a third team to ship the OKC pick to in exchange for something we really need. That way we get stuff from OKC for trading down and we get even more stuff for the #2.
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,176

Post#1247 » by Dat2U » Thu Apr 9, 2009 2:33 am

charlie32 wrote:Let's say the Wiz get the #1 pick and OKC gets #2 or #3. OKC will be absolutely desperate to move up so they can pick hometown boy Griffin. Wiz send #1 pick & Stevenson to OKC for #2 (or #3) pick & Jeff Green (which is price they must pay to extract pick from the Wiz). Wiz then turn around and send #2 (or #3) pick with other pieces that have been suggested to Toronto for Bosh. Feasible?

Jeff Green does not excite me. While he's still young, he's an exceedingly average NBA player. I wouldn't be dealing the rights to Blake Griffin unless Kevin Durant was offered by OKC. If they want their hometown boy that bad, they've got to pay dearly.
fugop
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#1248 » by fugop » Thu Apr 9, 2009 3:48 pm

I posted a couple of Horford trades a few weeks ago, but they assumed Thabeet would be the chip. Would the Hawks be interested in Rubio?

Assuming we get the #2 pick:

Rubio + Stevenson for Horford.

We can follow up with Jamison for Hinrich, or some other deal to exchange Jamison for a guard.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1249 » by LyricalRico » Thu Apr 9, 2009 4:46 pm

fugop wrote:I posted a couple of Horford trades a few weeks ago, but they assumed Thabeet would be the chip. Would the Hawks be interested in Rubio?

Assuming we get the #2 pick:

Rubio + Stevenson for Horford.

That might have been possible if they'd missed the playoffs this year. But they've established a pretty good group so why break it up? Assuming they can retain Bibby for a reasonable salary, I don't see them blowing that team up.

One move I can see them considering is trading Josh Smith for a true C to move Horford to PF. If we have the rights to Thabeet at #2, we might be able to get a third team involved that wants Smith and do something like this:

Wiz trade: #2, Stevenson, Songaila, and Etan
Wiz receive: Darko, Claxton, and #19 (ATL)

Hawks trade: Josh Smith, Claxton, and #19
Hawks receive: Stevenson, Songaila, Etan, and rights to Thabeet

Grizzles trade: Darko
Grizzlies receive: Josh Smith

Why for Memphis? They get the guy they signed to an offer sheet last summer and sets themselves up to have a solid young team.

Gasol/Haddadi
Smith/Arthur
Gay/Buckner
Mayo/pick
Conley/Jaric

Why for Atlanta? They get more size and depth up front and it's also pretty cap neutral for them, meaning they can probably retain both Bibby and Marvin Williams. Maybe not Pachulia, though.

Thabeet/Etan
Horford/Songaila
Williams/FA
Johnson/Stevenson
Bibby/Law

Why for Washington? Between swapping for smaller contracts and trading down in the draft, we almost avoid the luxuury tax next year. We also completely avoid the luxury tax the year after that. Darko is a good stop-gap backup while McGee develops and we don't trade completely out of the draft.

Haywood/Darko/McGee
Jamison/Blatche/Pesh
Butler/Budinger(?)
McGuire/Young
Arenas/James/Critt

Pretty good for all teams, if I do say so myself.

:clap:
TheSecretWeapon
RealGM
And1: 877

Post#1250 » by TheSecretWeapon » Thu Apr 9, 2009 5:16 pm

Memphis makes out fantastically in this trade scenario giving up only Darko for Josh Smith. The Wiz would be nuts to get involved in this deal unless they were getting back Smith. Even then, the Wiz might be overpaying by giving up the 2nd pick.
"A lot of what we call talent is the desire to practice."
-- Malcolm Gladwell

Check out my blog about the Wizards, movies, writing, music, TV, sports, and whatever else comes to mind.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1251 » by fishercob » Thu Apr 9, 2009 5:48 pm

Pretty good for all teams except the Wizards, who get nothing of meaningful value for the second pick in the draft. One way or another, that pick must net an upgrade to the rotation.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1252 » by yungal07 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 5:56 pm

Wow....the number 2 for Speedy Claxton and a bust? Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are really wizards fans...
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#1253 » by LyricalRico » Thu Apr 9, 2009 6:44 pm

yungal07 wrote:Wow....the number 2 for Speedy Claxton and a bust? Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are really wizards fans...

Aside from Griffin, I'm not pressed to get anybody else in a draft that sucks for every position except PG (which we don't need). If we can't get Griffin, I'd much rather simply cut salary, which is what this trade primarily does. That's far more important that holding onto a pick simply for "value's" sake and ending up with yet another redundant young player.

Fine, let the #19 go to Atlanta and the Wiz get Memphis' lotto pick. That should even it up. And then we can pay somebody in the top 5 close to the MLE who's not much better than who we could have gotten at #19. Are you happy now?
yungal07
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#1254 » by yungal07 » Thu Apr 9, 2009 7:07 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
yungal07 wrote:Wow....the number 2 for Speedy Claxton and a bust? Sometimes I wonder if some of you guys are really wizards fans...

Aside from Griffin, I'm not pressed to get anybody else in a draft that sucks for every position except PG (which we don't need). If we can't get Griffin, I'd much rather simply cut salary, which is what this trade primarily does. That's far more important that holding onto a pick simply for "value's" sake and ending up with yet another redundant young player.

Fine, let the #19 go to Atlanta and the Wiz get Memphis' lotto pick. That should even it up. And then we can pay somebody in the top 5 close to the MLE who's not much better than who we could have gotten at #19. Are you happy now?

See, that's where we disagree. A GM's job first and foremost is to improve the team with the assets at his disposal. Cutting salary is totally dependent on the owner and his financial situation. A trade like this doesn't improve the team at all, unless you feel that Deshawn and DSong are horrible cancers who need to be traded for the sake of the team. The good news is that a) the Dee-Esses aren't that bad players and aren't locker room distractions (actually the opposite) and b) our owner has said that he would pay the tax if it meant fielding a championship calibre team. So with that in mind, as a GM is there any incentive whatsoever to make a trade like the one you just proposed? Not really.
fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Post#1255 » by fishercob » Thu Apr 9, 2009 7:23 pm

I agree with al. At some point the Wiz are going to have to make a move or two to trim some longterm liabilities, but that's not the goal or priority this summer. Yeah, Ernie needs to be mindful of the tax when making moves (which means a pick+expirings for Bosh/Amare is unlikely), but priority one is taking this (good when healthy) team and improving it on the floor, which means improving the rotation. Period.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,437

Post#1256 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 9, 2009 7:43 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Aside from Griffin, I'm not pressed to get anybody else in a draft that sucks for every position except PG (which we don't need).

Just curious what over the past 2 years has convinced you that we don't need a good PG. Feel free to explain in 1000 words or less why you think we are better off today than if we had selected Jordan Farmar or Rajon Rondo instead of Opec.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#1257 » by Ruzious » Thu Apr 9, 2009 9:24 pm

doclinkin wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Aside from Griffin, I'm not pressed to get anybody else in a draft that sucks for every position except PG (which we don't need).

Just curious what over the past 2 years has convinced you that we don't need a good PG. Feel free to explain in 1000 words or less why you think we are better off today than if we had selected Jordan Farmar or Rajon Rondo instead of Opec.

So we could get a high lotto pick for Rico to give away? :wink:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doclinkin
RealGM
And1: 5,437

Post#1258 » by doclinkin » Thu Apr 9, 2009 10:31 pm

Ah, yes I see now. That's diabolically clever...
jivelikenice
Analyst
And1: 145

Post#1259 » by jivelikenice » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:46 am

If we land land #2 or #3 it would be absolutely irresponsible to trade the pick away for garbage just to dump contracts. Its unbelievable that people want to trade the rights to potential franchise players like Tyreke Evans or Rickey Rubio so we can keep the current nucleus in place or dump salaries.....This team as-is, even healthy can't compete and the only chance this nucleus has is if you hit with a top 5 draft pick OR trade that pick for a young established player (i.e Horford, Smith, Amare, etc...)

If they trade the pick just to get under the luxury tax you might as well wave the white flag permanently and give up on this franchise....Plus why not just dump a Blatche or Pech to teams for a 2nd rounder OR trade a future conditional first with Blatche/ Pech to a team for a 2nd.....be smart about dumping salary....
AgentOvechkin08
Pro Prospect

Post#1260 » by AgentOvechkin08 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:42 am

Come lottery time if we land the lowest possible spot, say 5th or 6th, then you go trade the pick and get a vet along with trimming salaries. But NOT number 2 or 3.

If we get 2 I am all for taking Rubio and pairing him Arenas in the BC. He will get Gil all the touches he needs.

Actually if we end up picking 6th i would not mind taking Lawson. Pair him with Arenas and you can arguably say that we would have the fastest BC in the NBA. Thats if Arenas gets his legs back and i am confident he will.

BUt i dont want any of that to be thought of because i WANT BLAKE GRIFFIN
GO SKINS
GO WIZ
GO CAPS

GO DC BABY

maybe the Nats, in like 10 years

Return to Washington Wizards