ImageImageImageImageImage

Official Trade Thread VII: Visitors please post trades HERE!

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

fishercob
RealGM
And1: 1,571

Re: Official Trade Thread VII: Visitors please post trades HERE! 

Post#1481 » by fishercob » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:21 pm

I think I'm OK with that. Childress is a much better version of DMac. Once DMac is up for his extension, I assume Chill will be as good or a better value. Songaila, much as he did a yeoman's job this year is very replacable -- i'd be happy with either Blair or Hansbrough as a backup PF.

Losing Jamison or Haywood to acquire Chill is another story, but I'd be OK if it meant losing McGuire or Songaila.
"Some people have a way with words....some people....not have way."
— Steve Martin
Dat2U
RealGM
And1: 7,122

Post#1482 » by Dat2U » Tue Apr 21, 2009 5:11 pm

nate33 wrote:I like the Blatche + Stevenson for Childress trade better.

It would work real nice in conjunction with the us winning the lottery and drafting Blake Griffin.

Hmmm. If that were to happen, I wonder if somebody would be willing to trade the draft rights for Stephen Curry in exchange for Nick Young. With Childress as a big SG/SF type, I'd like to add a deadeye shooter PG/SG combo guard to balance things out. Imagine this lineup:

PG Arenas/Curry
SG Childress/DMac/Curry
SF Butler/DMac
PF Jamison/Griffin
C Haywood/McGee

Yeah. That works.

Oh wow! Me likey. I'd actually have nothing to complain about with that lineup. Well, at least until Jamison blows a defensive assignment and I'm screaming at the TV for Griffin to get into the game.

I guess that's my only change. Jamison doesn't really fit into that core. Griffin needs more than 20 minutes a night. I'd look to trade Jamison for an expiring contract and go young. We'd have a much longer window to work with and the cap fleixibility would be nice. But otherwise, I really do like that roster.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,401

Post#1483 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:25 pm

An Atlanta fan on the trade board proposed this tweak:

Washington trades: Blatche, Crittenton, Songaila, Stevenson
Atlanta trades: Childress, Speedy Claxton

That's a tempting offer. Claxton's $5.2M contract expires next year. The deal saves us $7.7M minus Chill's salary next year, and it saves us $14.1M minus Chill's salary in 2011. If Childress can be signed for something around $6M a year, everything could work out fine.

The Wizards would need to acquire a quality backup big man somehow, either via the draft or by trading Nick Young and/or DMac. But other than that, this solves a lot of problems.

Another thought: if Atlanta is willing to take on salary to acquire Blatche and/or Crittenton, maybe we can explore options that don't involve Childress. For example, if we drafted Griffin and were desperate to shed salary, we might be able to simply give Blatche + Stevenson to Atlanta for nothing.
pancakes3
General Manager
And1: 2,633

Post#1484 » by pancakes3 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I don't know how much of an upgrade Childress is over DMac especially a DMac that's been shooting jumpers all summer (maybe even as we speak). Childress is a basically a point forward in that he can handle the ball at 6-8 and can move the ball around. His jumper is suspect - maybe not as bad as DMac but it's still below average.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL8A.HTM

That coupled with a 6mil/year salary AND losing blatche ... it doesn't really gets my juices flowing.

Maybe look into Salmons/Ronnie Brewer?
Bullets -> Wizards
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,401

Post#1485 » by nate33 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:54 pm

pancakes3 wrote:I don't know how much of an upgrade Childress is over DMac especially a DMac that's been shooting jumpers all summer (maybe even as we speak). Childress is a basically a point forward in that he can handle the ball at 6-8 and can move the ball around. His jumper is suspect - maybe not as bad as DMac but it's still below average.

http://www.82games.com/0708/07ATL8A.HTM

That coupled with a 6mil/year salary AND losing blatche ... it doesn't really gets my juices flowing.

Maybe look into Salmons/Ronnie Brewer?

Good points.

I think Childress can be a pretty good fit. But I'm not sure if I'd rather have Childress or the something else with the $6M he costs. I find a deal where we trade Blatche plus Stevenson for raw cap space to be more attractive than trading Blatche + Stevenson for Childress.
Da HomeTeam
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#1486 » by Da HomeTeam » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:51 pm

If we're not picking in the top 2, I'm not convinced that there will be better trade options than the likes of Hinrich, Miller, Barbosa, Dunleavy, etc., especially if we're not including expirings that help teams get under the cap next summer.

And while I see your point, and I hate to pass on a guy that could blossom into a star in a few years, you have to think that EG is in "win now" mode with his offseason acquisitions. Thing is, where we differ most is I see all these guys (or most of them) as a major upgrade to the Wiz rotation. They're not all-stars, but they're proven, steady guys who bring something that's been lacking. The Wiz need some reliable depth.[/quote]

I agree. We need some quality depth because we know Caron and Gil are both going to miss probaly alot of games next year. Don't know if Hinrich, Miller, Barbosa or Dunleavy are the answer but I agree with your thinking. I like Travis Outlaw myself and I think Portland would love to trade up to get Rubio.
R.I.P. #21 - Gone but not forgotten!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 781

Post#1487 » by LyricalRico » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:09 pm

Putting this puppy to bed.

Return to Washington Wizards