4/8: A parting shot -- Wiz @ mistake by the lake

Moderators: LyricalRico, nate33, montestewart

miller31time
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,125

Re: 4/8: A parting shot -- Wiz @ mistake by the lake 

Post#21 » by miller31time » Tue Apr 7, 2009 11:15 pm

Manny Phresh wrote:Good luck guys... I know how much these games mean to you... Too bad the Cavs don't seem to feel that way

Why do you keep coming over here if you really feel that the Cavs couldn't care less about the Wizards and Cavs fans couldn't care less about Wizards fans? Also, why does your "Location" state "definitely not DC" when you couldn't care less about the Wizards or Wizards fans? There's a tricky double-standard that I haven't quite grasped.
MJG
Assistant Coach
And1: 151

Post#22 » by MJG » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:06 am

Manny Phresh wrote:Good luck guys... I know how much these games mean to you... Too bad the Cavs don't seem to feel that way

Why's that too bad?
DaRealHibachi
Veteran
And1: 173

Post#23 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:11 am

miller31time wrote:

Why do you keep coming over here if you really feel that the Cavs couldn't care less about the Wizards and Cavs fans couldn't care less about Wizards fans? Also, why does your "Location" state "definitely not DC" when you couldn't care less about the Wizards or Wizards fans? There's a tricky double-standard that I haven't quite grasped.

The fact their first place sitting, HCA having, crybaby whining, crab dribbling team has trouble beating our lowly, injured beatup squad... I would do the same thing in his place...
:beer: Magnumt
JWizmentality
RealGM
And1: 5,093

Post#24 » by JWizmentality » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:13 am

Says the poor sap who makes his daily pilgrimage over here to preach his gospel of denial. :roll:
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#25 » by P'Oed » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:21 am

miller31time wrote:

hahahhaa..."Definitely Not D.C."

I guess Cleveland is comparable to Sandals, Jamaica in this guy's mind. I find it funny that Cavs fans say this game doesn't matter to them when they're the ones still actually fighting for playoff standings and we've been done for months. If anyone, the game means nothing to us other than to spoil their fun.
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#26 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:26 am

Wow... You guys should check out their excuse for a gamethread... They actually think the Wiz will hurt their players!!!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=895943

I feel sorry for these guys... haha...
P'Oed
Rookie
And1: 81

Post#27 » by P'Oed » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:49 am

DaRealHibachi wrote:Wow... You guys should check out their excuse for a gamethread... They actually think the Wiz will hurt their players!!!

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=895943

I feel sorry for these guys... haha...

Yeah, followed by one guy who actually contemplated pushing an NBA athlete that he's never spoken to before down an escalator. But hey, I guess people in our city are the kooks, huh?

LOL at the Cavs fans who said this wasn't a rivalry on the general discussion board and then post things like that in game threads. GO WIZ!
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 9,014

Post#28 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:53 am

Never been to Cleveland. I haven't ripped your city. I have repeatedly posted that I think Lebron's the MVP of the league and a great pleyar.

That said, Lebron's the one who said "Danny, they're trying to hurt me'.

I watched James very closely last week. When the game was tied he went back into flailing his arms and even fell down to make it look like the Wizards were being overly physical with him. James is the strongest damned guy out there and I think he's a con artist, in addition to being great. I think he wants it both ways. It's okay for him to launch into guys but he can't stand when Haywood wraps him up or bodies him. James wants to punish guys and also make sure the refs don't allow guys to be physical with him.

Every time they play in DC the Wizards need to play him as physically as they can.

In Cleveland they need to put Caron on him and just let him score but to try and stop the rest of the team. Can't guard the guy without fouling out in Cleveland. That's the main reason the Cavs are 37-1 at home.

Officiating.

So, Manny, your fans think Wizards players are trying to hurt Lebron and you can't stand our fans. I say Lebron's highly manipulative and maybe is a little scared.
Bye bye Beal.
mhd
General Manager
And1: 1,449

Post#29 » by mhd » Wed Apr 8, 2009 2:36 am

Lebron would be scared in his pants if he ever did something former skin Michael Westbrook. He's now all into that MMA stuff. He'd kick his butt.
nate33
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 19,382

Post#30 » by nate33 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:00 am

gflem wrote:It would almost ruin the season for me if we lose this game. Not that it matters that much, but missing the all time best home record by one game, and it being a late season loss to this team would really piss me off. Cavs should rebound from that aberration and whip these guys by at least 15 tonight.

I love it!
stycool24
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#31 » by stycool24 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:22 am

Wizards are gonna lose by >20 ! I am really sad that the Wizards didn't make the playoffs this year as an 8th seed :lol:, they broke the streak !
eltacoman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#32 » by eltacoman » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:39 am

your mama broke the streak
eltacoman
Junior
And1: 0

Post#33 » by eltacoman » Wed Apr 8, 2009 4:56 am

GO Wizard !!!
RealGM

Post#34 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 8, 2009 5:29 am

spaceman_E and doc, I think the article and link you guys put in the other thread belongs here, too.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith2_090406.html
Sam Smith:
LeBron gets star treatment

Do the referees consciously protect James knowing he is perhaps the league's top marketing figure and he is featured more than any player on the nightly sports highlights? I always doubt that knowing the integrity of the refereeing corps as a group and believe NBA officiating is the best in sports.

Still, we've never seen anything like this. Especially at a time when it is generally agreed with rules changes it is the most difficult time to defend on the perimeter without committing fouls.

James is averaging 1.72 fouls per game in an average of 37.9 minutes per game. James hasn't even been in foul trouble one game this season. He never has had more than four fouls called on him in a game, and since March 1 is being called for fewer than 1.3 fouls per game.

In 12 of the 20 games since then, James has been called for one or zero fouls in a game. James had a stretch of five straight games to conclude March averaging 36.8 minutes per game without being called for one foul. Not one in five games! In the last nine games, James has been called for three personal fouls. It's really amazing given the involvement James has in the action of the game.

I'm sure Lebron will have the entire Wizards team fouled out between preferential treatment and his flailing and falling down and checking his lip for blood.

Cleveland fans, there's a reason we don't care for his antics.
Bye bye Beal.
Manny Phresh
Senior
And1: 15

Post#35 » by Manny Phresh » Wed Apr 8, 2009 6:45 am

It's funny watching you guys react when your team is going through a string of bad luck. You guys are hilarious... Try being a Cleveland fan
BallAboveAll wrote:If you are in a marriage or a serious relationship you have to do crap you don't want to do sometimes. Why? Women can go longer without sex. :lol:
DaRealHibachi
Veteran

Post#36 » by DaRealHibachi » Wed Apr 8, 2009 11:47 am

Manny Phresh wrote:It's funny watching you guys react when your team is going through a string of bad luck. You guys are hilarious... Try being a Cleveland fan

Dude, we´re reacting to what you guys are saying on yall forum... Like pushin people down an escalator and stuff...

It looks like insecurity issues to me, yall know that yall might lose this one... You guys may be clueless, so let me explain it for ya...

We don't have sh*t to play for, if we lose, all will be forgotten coming playoff time... You guys are playing for HCA, which may cause you your championship...

If y'all lose this one, damn... Y'all may just go down in history as the most pathetic #1 seeded team in history...

Imagine... Losing against an beatup, far from 100% squad at a place where y'all only lost 1 game this year... Also going for HCA... And you guys got LEBRON JAMES!!!! THE KING!!!! You do the math buddy...
BigA
Analyst
And1: 997

Post#37 » by BigA » Wed Apr 8, 2009 12:42 pm

What's up with all the Cleveland fans coming over here looking for little barbs and jibes to get all worked up and offended about?

Your team has the best record in the league, arguably the best player in the league (certainly the most talented), looking at a deep playoff run and a better-than-decent shot at a title.

It's funny. If the positions were reversed I'd just be enjoying the ride. Losing a couple times to one of the worst teams in the league wouldn't be bothering me at all.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,542

Post#38 » by closg00 » Wed Apr 8, 2009 12:43 pm

We are overdue for a beat-down at the hands of the Cavs, so that's what I'm expecting. The X-factor here is Gilbert, does he play and if-so, he's due for a hot shooting night.
RealGM

Post#39 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Wed Apr 8, 2009 1:27 pm

closg00 wrote:We are overdue for a beat-down at the hands of the Cavs, so that's what I'm expecting. The X-factor here is Gilbert, does he play and if-so, he's due for a hot shooting night.

I'm also expecting a beatdown.

Cleveland for a few minutes last time, even in defeat, got red hot shooting the three. West did his usual against the Wizards. Williams got his. Gibson got his. The Cavs briefly swung the ball expertly and made a big lead evaporate in a hurry.

If not for a horrible game by Szczerbiak, a pretty poor game for Ilgauskas, a bunch of turnovers from Lebron, and calls the Wizards NEVER get finally going there way; the last game would have been a loss.

So, I'm expecting a beatdown this time. And the good news is it just helps increase the odds for getting Griffin.

I'll be ecstatic with a win, because I know how it will affect the Cavs and their fans, but I expect a huge loss.
Bye bye Beal.
CaPtaiN eYeSaNo
Senior
And1: 1

Post#40 » by CaPtaiN eYeSaNo » Wed Apr 8, 2009 3:18 pm

come on!!! all this talk about losing to the bloody Cavs!

PUT ON YOUR WAR FACES!!!!

Cavsh**!!!! SHOW ME A WAR FACE!!!!!

Return to Washington Wizards